IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
RadheRade1657

Radhe-Krishna, Radhe-Ram?

Rate this topic

Haribol, friends!

Sometimes, when I'm reciting the Maha-Mantra on a japa mala, I say "Radhe" rather than "Hare". Is that problematic? I've never really thought of it as such, b/c it's all addressing Srimati Radharani, but does it not carry the same essence or something as it would if I said "Hare"? It's purely accidental, but once I start saying it, I don't try to stop, should I? Any advice would be welcomed! Thanks friends!

Radhe Radhe! :D

Jaya Radhe!

If you follow Gaudiya philosophy, many may argue that you should not be deviating from what Lord Chaitanya Himself taught us. There have been many who have been making up their own mantras, saying "Nitai-Gaura, Radhe Shyam, Hare Krishna, Hare Ram," but if we are to follow shastra, we should learn to appreciate the Names of God, Haraa, Krishna, and Raama. This is the mantra that has the power to bring bhakti and liberation according to the Scriptures, and those sixteen Names, especially if to come to Krishna-bhakti, should be left unchanged.

However, if you don't follow Gaudiya philosophy, then you can chant anything you want. ;) However, don't chant it at the temples or in front of Gaudiya devotees, lol.

Haribol!

I would stick to Hare Krishna, as that is what nearly all Gaudiya vaishnavas chant.

There are some Nimbarka followers in Vraja who chant Radhe Krishna Radhe Krishna Krishna Krishna Radhe Radhe, Radhe Shyama Radhe Shyama Shyama Shyama Radhe Radhe.

Not being a follower of their line I wouldn't do it. I would follow the example of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and chant the mantra recommended in Kali Santarana Upanishad (Hare Krishna...).

Never distort what is given to you, chant as it is.It has beniffited many it will sure benifit you.That Name Was chanted By Lord Gauranga and by millions, it is of KaliSantaropnishad.Why distort it? What wrong is with "Hare" the meaning is the same.