IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Nirali

Ways of showing affection to Lord Krishna

Rate this topic

JSK,

i need help...today i was very happy and so i looked at lord krishna's picture and gave him a flying kiss as a sign of affection and how much i love him...i told a close friend i did that and he started accusing me of having sexual intentions in my mind...he said its not right to do that...you dont treat God as a human...but i never treat God as a human, i respect him a lot...i really dont understand why he said it is wrong...does that mean i cant even show affection through a small flying kiss?? i have no sexual intentions what so ever...i told my friend that Lord Krishna is a mum, a dad and a best friend to me so y would it be so wrong to give him a flying kiss...so does that mean i cannot even kiss his picture or kiss his feet??

i am very disturbed after being accussed...i have already asked for forgiveness from Lord Krishna in case my friend is right about the affection issue but i really need to know from all you devotees what you think about this issue.

I sincerely apologise if i have made a mistake by showing my affection...am only 19...didnt know it would be wrong...

Thank you,

Nirali.

it's not a biggie.

Krishna appreciates your sincerity and affection.

But, as well, try to learn how the great gurus and devotees of Krishna teach us how to serve and love Krishna.

As you learn more and study the books of Krishna consciousness you will learn more the proper way to show love and service to Krishna.

It is hard not to want to throw Krishna a kiss.

But, you must resist the temptation and try to practice according the the directions of the spiritual masters.

You are going the right way.

Just dedicate yourself very seriously and learn the teachings of the great gurus who teach us how to love and serve Krishna.

don't worry..... it's ok.

can you disrespect krishna in any way?

He is the Lord of this universe, He breathes in, all the worlds collapse, He breathes out, all the worlds form, how can you disrespect him?

How can your kiss disrespect him? He invented it, He controls every single action of ours, whether that is in maya, or whether that is in surrender to Him, How can we ever disrespect Him?

I don't understand this "disrespect"... in my opinion, and yes I am not a great devotee, probably an idiot giving his opinion, but still... in my opinion, You are treating krishna as a human being when you think you are disrespecting Him, because He transcends all that, He knows your most inner self, there cannot be any feeling for Him that is not created by Him. If it was another human being, you may have creeped him/her out, but not krishna- He made you throw Him a flying kiss.