IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
pujarie five o

Mother naked in the presence of three gods

Rate this topic

hey innocent;

taken from book DEVI

ANASUYA: the chaste goddess

Anasuya, wife of sage Atri, was renowned for her chastity. to test her chastity, the gods Shiva, Vishnu and Bramha came to her house disguised as young sages and asked her to feed them unclothed.

In keeping with the laws of hospitality, Anasuya agreed to comply with this strange request. But when she brought the food, such was the power of her chastity that the gods had turned into little children, oblivious to her nakedness.

Anasuya nursed the three gods like a mother and won the admiration of all beings.

trying to furnish you with a phoyo have one from a book will attach and send you as soon as i locate it.

hope you understand.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt" vAlign=top><TD class=DEFINITION width=17>1. </TD><TD class=DEFINITION style="PADDING-LEFT: 1pt">abstaining from sex: abstaining from sex on moral grounds </TD></TR><TR style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt" vAlign=top><TD class=DEFINITION width=17>2. </TD><TD class=DEFINITION style="PADDING-LEFT: 1pt">sexually faithful: not having extramarital sexual relations </TD></TR><TR style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt" vAlign=top><TD class=DEFINITION width=17>3. </TD><TD class=DEFINITION style="PADDING-LEFT: 1pt">pure in thought and deed: behaving in a pure way, with no immoral thoughts </TD></TR><TR style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt" vAlign=top><TD class=DEFINITION width=17>4. </TD><TD class=DEFINITION style="PADDING-LEFT: 1pt">plain: plain, simple, and unadorned in style

:idea: from what I perceived, devtas will present themselves to you in ways depending on how an individual presents themselves to the devtas, be it spiritually, physically and mentally. Not so?

So devtas are attracted to chastity (physical, mental and spiritual purity).

That is why we aim for chastity in our fast in preparation for devotion to them. But it is more correct and beneficial to maintain chastity as often as possible in order to attain eternal blessings and liberation.

</TD></TR>Okay pujarie, let me try to understand. the meaning of chastity involves the following right?

</TBODY></TABLE>

INNOCENT check this out:

taken from The Srimad Devi Bhagavatam:

In ancient days there reigned a king named MAHABHISA, in the family of Iksaku endowed with all the qualities of a great king; he was the foremost of all the kings, truthful and religious. That highly intelligent king performed thousand Horse-sacrifices(asvamedhas) one hundred Vajapeya sacrifices and thereby satisfied Indra, the king went to the heavens. Once, on an ocassion, that king went to the abode of Brahma, the other gods also went there to serve Prajapati. The great river Ganga Devi, too, assuming the feminine form, went to Brahma to serve him. Now, in the interval, violent winds rose and the clothing of Ganga Devi blew off, at this the other Devas did not look at her; rather kept their faces down; but the king Mahabhisa continued gazing at her. Ganga Devi also came to know the king and that the king had become attracted to her. Brahma, seeing that both of them were love stricken and were shameless, became angry and cursed them immediately:--

O King! you better take your birth again in the human world and practise great meritorious deeds and come again to this heaven. Thus saying, Brahma looked at Ganga, who was attracted to the king and addressed her:-- You too who have felt his attraction and accepted it better go to the human world and become his wife. Both of them, the King and Ganga Devi came out of brahma's abode, very much grieved in their hearts because of their lust towards one another.

Ch III Bk II

the story continues as to how Ganga followed through took human form and killed her seven sons.

moral: lust caused Ganga devi to be cursed to walk earth as human.

Sorry for my expression. I dint mean to laugh at that word.

But you said that

In keeping with the laws of hospitality, Anasuya agreed to comply with this strange request.

But in the picture that you provided, Anasuya Mata is not naked na.

Does that mean that she dint fulfill their wish, but only transformed them?

This confuses me.

the picture and text was taken from a book called DEVI the mother goddess-an introduction written by Devdutt Pattanaik and in it the picture is stated to be a calendar print so i assume they did not want little boys and girls exposed to breasts and private parts hanging in the houses. However in reality yes she took off her clothing this was the faith of her and conviction to carry out her duties of a house wife.the whole and full story in lenght is in the devi Mahatmayam if i not mistaken will have to check and get back to you.

my friend 17 to all there is a start with certain reasons a middle and and end for a certain outcome yes the story was about Bhimsa being king in the end but who or what cursed the vasu's. every one has their sacred text mine is the DEVI BHAGAVATAM. here now is the rest:

The king Mahabhisa thought of the coming to this world and reflected on the kings thereof and settled to make the King Pratipa of Puru's family hie father.

At this time eight Vasus (celestial nymphs) with their wives wandering in various places and enjoying as they liked came upon the hermitage of the great sage Vasistha. Among the aforesaid eight vasus, Prithu and others, one vasu wife that is Dyau's wife saw Nandini: the sacrificial cow ( Kamadhenu) of Vasistha asked her husband;-"whose is this excellent cow that i see? Vasu then replied as follows; "o beautiful one! This is Vasistha's cow. Whoever, be he man, woman or child drinks her milk gets his longevtiy extended to 10,000 years and his youth never ends." Hearing this, the Vasu's wife said; "There is a beautiful comrade (Sakhi) of mine, the daughter of the RajarsiUsina in the world, of auspicious qualities. O Mahabhaga! Kindly bring to me from Vasistha's hermitage that auspiciuos sacrificial milk cow Nandini together with her calf that yields all desires; my sakhi will then drink her milk and be thereby free from disease, old age and become the cheif amongst all mankind. Hearing thus the words of his wife, the vasu Dyau, though sinless, stole away together with Prithu and the other vasus the cow Nandini in utter defiance to the self controlled Muni Vasistha. When the cow Nandini had been stolen, the great Ascetic Vasistha came quickly to the hermitage with abundance of fruits.

the ascetic Muni Vasistha, not finding in his hermitage his cow with her calf, searched for her in many forests and caves, but he the son of Varuna, could not find his cow even after prolonged searches, he then took recourse to mediation and came to know that the Vasus had stolen the cow and became angry. He expressed when the vasus have stolen the cow and became angry. He expressed: when the vasus have stolen this my cow in utter defiance to myself to my self, they must be born amongst men. When the religious Varunas son vasistha thus cursed the vasus, they became very sorry and absent minded, all of them went to Vasistha's hermitage and saw him there, they began to supplicate him as much as they could and took refuge under him. Seeing the Vasus standing before him in an extremely distressed condition, the virtous Muni Vasistha said, ypou all will be free from the curse within one year, but the vasu Dyau will have to dwell amongst men for a long, long period as he had stolen directly my Nandini with her calf. (15-39)

While the vasus, thus cursed were returning, they saw on the way the chief river Ganga Devi also cursed and therefore distressed all of them bowed simultaneously and said; O devi a serious thought is troubling our minds how can we who live on nectar take birth in human wombs so O best river, you better be a woman and give birth to to us. o sinless one you better be the wife of the sage king Santanu and no sooner we be born of your womb, kindly throw us in the river Ganga (your water). If you do so O ganga we will be certainly be freed of our curse. Ganga devi replied well that will be. Thus spoken the vasus went tpo their respective places, and ganga devi too thinking on the subject again and again, went out of that place. At this time Mahabhisa became born as a son of the King Pratipa and became known as Santanu. he was exceedingly religious and true to his promise. One day while the king Pratipa was praising the Surya Deva (the Sun) of unequalled energy, Ganga Devi assumed an extraodinarily beautiful feminine form and came out of the waters and sat on his right thigh,of the king Pratipa. The king spoke out to the lady sitting on his right thigh thus " O beautiful faced one! Why unasked have you sat on my auspicious tigh. the lovely ganga replied Hear why i have sat here. O best of Kurus! O King ! Becoming attached to you i have sat on your tigh so please accept me. At this time the King spoke to the beautiful lady, fullof youth and beauty " i naver go simply out of passion to anothers wife. there is another point you have sat on my right thigh that is the seat of sons and sons wives so when my desired son be born you will then be my sons wife. And certainly by your good will my son will be born. The lady of devine form said well that will be done and went away. The king returned to his palace and after some time a son was born to him and when the son had attained his teens, the king desired to lead a forest life and communicated this matter to his son. He said also if the aforesaid beautiful smilling girl comes to marry you then marry her. And i am also odering you not to question her anything Who are you and so forth. if you take her as your legal wife you will certainly be happy. Thus the king saying to his son handed over all his kingdom to him and gladly retired into the forest. The king practised tapasya in the forest and worshipped Ambika Ma on quitting his mortal coil and went by his sheer merit to the heavens. King Santanu on getting his Kingdom, began administering justice according to the laws of dharma. (40-46)

Thus ends the third Chapter of the second skandha on the description of the CURSE of GANGA, Mahabhisa ans Vasus in the Mahapuranam Sri Mad Devi Bhagavatam of 18,000 verses.

Once whilst King Santanu was roaming in the widerness, on the banks of the Ganges he saw a fawn eyed well decorated beautiful woman. no sooner the king saw her he became addicted to her and thought within that certainly my father had spoke of this beautiful faced woman who is looking like a second Lakshmi, endowed with beauty and youth. The king Santanu could not resist seeing the lotus like face. the hairs on his body stood on their ends and his heart was very much attracted to her. Ganga devi too knew him to be the king Mahabhisa and became in her turn attrached to him.Ganga went to the king and he said to her O beautiful thighs are you devi Manusi (human kind) Gandharvi, Yakshi, The daughter of Nagas or a celestial nymph? whoever you may be, be my wife your sweet smiles seems brimful of love so be my legal wife today. (1-8)

The king Santanu could not recognise the lady to be Ganga but ganga knew that he is the KIng Mahabhisa and was born as Santanu.Hearing the above words of the king ganga out of her previous affectioins spoke out to the king smiling O king i know you to son of king Pratipa. Behold though it is inevitable that woman will get their husbands yet who is that beautiful lady that does not get a husband according to her liking and qualifications? But i can take you as my husband if you make a certain promise now. Hear my resolve afterwards i will marry you. O king whatever i will do be it good or bad auspicious or inauspicious you must not hinder ior interrupt me nor say that is not to your liking and satisfaction. Whenever you will break this my resolve i will instantly quit you and go to another place wherever i like. The king santanu then said well that will be and promised to the above effect, then Ganga devi recollected within herself Vasu's words and thought of the attachment of the king Mahabhisa and accepted Santanu as her husband. Thus married to the king Santanu, the beautiful Ganga In HUMAN form went to the abode of King Santanu. The king on having possession of her began to enjoy in pleasant gardens. the lady too appreciated his mental feelings and began to serve him in satisfaction. Thus many years passed in lovely enjoyments and intercourses between the couple who looked like Indra and his pair Sachi and they did not feel at all how time passed. the lady endowed with all the qualities and the clever king well versed in the art of loving began to enjoy incessantly like :Lakshmi and Narayana in thier divine palace.

Thus many years passed when the lovely eyed lady became pregnant of the king Santanu's sperm and in due time gave birth to a son who was a Vasu. No sooner the son was born Ganga Devi threw it in the waters of the ganges. Thus the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh sons were thrown successively into the waters. then the king became very anxious and thought within himself"what am i to do now? how will my family be preserved? this my wife, incarnate of sin has killed all my seven sons, if i now desist her she will instantly leave ma and go away. Nopw this is the eight pregnancy as desired by me. Now if i do not interrupt her, she will certainly throw my son into the Ganges. Whether a son will be born again or not is doubtful and even if that be born it is doubtful whether she will preserve that child, now what am i to do in this doubtful point? however i will try my best to continue the thread of my family. (9-26)

Now in due time the Vasu who, having been influenced by his wife had stolen Vasistas cow Nandini, became born as the eight son of Ganga Devi, the king Santanu, seeing this son fell onto Ganga's feet and said O thin bodied woman i pray to you to give my life today better norish this my one son. O beautiful one you killed in succession my seven exceedingly beautiful sons. o one of beautiful hips i now fall at your feet. save the life of this child of mine. if you ask from me any other thing today even that be very rare i will give it to you but you better now keep the thread of my family line. The pundits versaed in the vedas say that he who has no issues cannot go to Heaven, so o beautiful today i pray to you to keep the life of this my eight son. Though thus spoken by Santanu Ganga Devi was eager to take away the son to throw in the waters the king became very sorrowful and angrily spoke out. O vile and vicious woman. What are you going to do? do you not fear hell of what villian are you the daughter of, that you are always doing this vicious deed? O sinner go away wherever you will or remain here as you like it matters little, but my son will remain here. when you attempt to bring my family to extinction what use is there in living with you? When the king thus spoke to the woman who was ready to take away the son she angrily spoke as follows: O king when you have acted against my promise my word is broken and my connection with you has stopped from today. Therefore i will take this son to the forest where i will norish him. For i am GANGA. to fulfill god's work i have come here. The high souled Vasistha cursed before the eight Vasus "Better be born as men, they became very anxious and seeing me they prayed:- O sinnless one let you be mother of us all. O best of Kings i granted them what they desired, and then for the purpose of serving god's end i became your wife. Know this my history. The seven Vasus already were born and were freed, now this is the last Vasu cursed to stay a long time will remain here for sometime to be your son. O Santanu now take this son offered by Ganga. Know this to be the DevaVasu and enjoy the pleasure of having a son. O highly fortunate one This son will be famous by the name Gangeya ( Ganga's son0 and will be the most powerful of all. O king today i will take this son to the place where i chose you as my husband, i will nourish him and when he attains youth, i will return him to you. For this son if deprived of mother will not be happy nor will he live. Thus saying Ganga vanished with the son, the king Santanu became very sorrowful and passed away his time in his palace. the king thought always of the separation from his wife and son and thus painfull governed his kingdom. (27-46)

Thus some time passed on, when once on an occasion the king Santanu went out hunting and killed with arrows, buffaloes, boar,and other wild animals and came to the banks of the Ganges. Here he saw with great wonder that a boy was playing with a great bow and was shootihg arrows after arrows. The kings attention was more attracted towards the boy but whether that boy was his or not, did mot at all come to his mind. Looking at his extraordinary feats, his agility in shooting arrows withease and quickness, his learning that can have no equal and his beautiful form as if of cupid, he became greatly surprised and asked him O sinless one whose son are you? The hero boy did not reply anything but went away shooting his arrows. The king thought within himself" Who is this boy? whose son is he? what to do now? to whom shall i go now? Thus pondering he recollected within himself and began to recite the versus of Ganga. Ganga assuming beuatiful form as before, became visible to the king. Seeing her the king said; O ganga who is this boy that has just gone? will you show him once more to me now? Hearing these words of king Santanu Ganga said: O king of kings he is your son he is that eight Vasu. So long i have nourished him and now i hand him over to you. O Suvrata this is the great ascetic Gangeya. He is the illustrious scion of your family. the glory of your line will be enhanced. I have taught him the whole science of archery. This pure son of yours dwelt in the jermitage of Vasistha and has become versed in all the Vidyas and skilled in all the actions. Your son knows everything that Jamadgni Parasuram knew. So o king of kings take your son and be happy. Thus saying so Ganga gave him his son and vanished. the king also also became very glad and embraced his son, he smelled his head and took him to his chariot and drove towards the city. On returning to Hastinapur, the king held a grand festival (utsab) in honor of the arrival of his son, he called all his astrologers and enquired what day was auspicious. he then called all his subjects and ministers and installed Gangeya, the crown prince, he forgot the pains due to Ganga's bereavement.

Thus Suta said i have described to you the cause of the curse on Vasus, the birth of Bhisma from the womb of ganga, the union of Ganga and Santanu. He who hears in this world this holy story of Ganga's BIRTH and the birth of the Vasu, is freed of all sins and gets mukti. O munis i have described these meritorious holy accounts as i heard from the mouth of Vyasa. finds all his sins destroyed and attains peace and blessedness, O munis thus has been described completely to you this holy history. (47-69)

here ends the fourth Chapter on the birth of the Vasus in the Mahapurana Sri Mad Devi Bhagavatam of 18,000 verses.

hey pentium 17 this is the long and beautiful version.

and this is why in certain kali temples you go ,you see Ganga Mata holding children under her arms. she is the one to help in granting of this gift of pregnancy also for you the mother to act like her and nourish what you create.

Understand bhiro child and saffron.

I have tried all over the internet if I could find a picture in which Mother Anasuya is actually naked.

I want to see her naked picture or statue.

Can I get some help.

Even the one in which she breast-feeds the Trimurtis would be fine.

pentium no disrespect but why you so for the divine devi is not meant to be exploited in her nakedness there are forms of kali that are naked but each has a reason. Anasuya like other stories was to teach us a lesson in faith and devotion not to watch her and stare at her nakedness.

Oh and about the nakedness thing, I think it also has this esoteric meaning: Before Maa removes Maya for you to show you the truth (i.e. the outer garments) you *must* become her child. She will not show the truth to those who do not sit in her lap like an innocent child and depend on her and call her as Maa for all that they need. Only when you have become innocent like a child and treat the Mahadevi as Mata, then and only then can she reveal all the secrets and splendor of the universe!

I cannot understand why it would be wrong to ask about a painting?

And if the painting that you have shown was a wall painting...

..then there is still some skin exposure in it!

Just look at the attachment that contains the picture of sati anasuya

I do not know about those days but, here mother anasuya does not wear any blouse.

I can feel that it is definitely lust filled thought to look, but when I look at the picture that is where the eyes go.

I show my devotion towards many goddeses,(mainly saraswati, durga and lakshmi) but ever since I first listened to this story, I have been madly reading all the articles on the internet that speak about the test of anasuya.

It has also become like an addiction. And all I am doing now is searching if I can find a video clip, where this drama takes place, or atleast a paiting by some artist who just like me after hearing the story would have felt like drawing a series of paintng that contain the story and also contain one image which contains anasuya in naked form.

Even though at times I know that it is a story that just tells how strong a chaste woman can be, it also makes me think in all wierd thoughts about the difference between listening these tales and the real world.

Imagine going to a woman and just behave the same way. You will definitely be sent away,( to a police station).

I realise that this kind of thoughts and behaviour is due to my constant search in the internet on this topic and that the first time I heard the story, my mind was full of lust.

I am a human and so most of the times I cannot control my self.

But after going through these searches and wasting a lot of time, I finally realize once again that however hard I try I will never get such a picture.

And why do I behave like I am dying for porn(naked woman), where in reality I always stay away from it.

I request you there fore either to direct me to such a link where i get the full painting of anansuya.

Or help me hear words which I need to hear from you.

And Pujari Sir, please forgive me for all the wrong thoughts, but some where inside I know this is wrong but I loose control most of the time.

Dear pentium... Well if brahma narayan and shiva couldnt see Anusuya naked without turning to children... i am sure neither can u... unles u are greater than the trinity... and when u give up lust and become as inocent as a child i am sure mother anusuya will disrobe herself to bring you nourishment... remember in western myths there is a tale similar to this of lady godivia and the peeping tom...