IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Arjuna Haridas

Kundalini Experience

Rate this topic

Namaste.

I posted this on another forum, but I also want to share this experience with you. This is a true story that happened to me only yesterday (October 27 2007, in my timezone).

Namaskar.

I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one "new" to Sanatana Dharma here. In my previous religions (Christianity and Islam), it was a mechanical devotion to God and you were punished if you didn't obey, thus leaving little room for spiritual discovery. I've experienced something...different (for lack of a better term) today that is new to me but is intertwined with my newfound faith (in Hinduism).

Someone on a different forum mentioned his/her experience with the Divine Mother. He/she said that he/she was meditating on their Third-Eye Chakra.

I decided to try this. Because of my impatience, I only planned to do it for a minute.

I began to focus my energy into my Third Eye while meditating on Maa Durga Who resides in our Sahasrara Chakra (the Thousand-petaled lotus chakra in our soul). I only did this for not even a minute, but this was a VERY influential period of time and it was AMAZING.

After starting the meditation, I closed my eyes and pictured my soul. It was pure white, and the only thing that was there was Maa Durga, sitting crossed-legged on the Thousand-petaled lotus flower and meditating. I then pictured Her Beautiful Face. Her Eyes were closed. Suddenly, She opened them. Simultaneously, I opened mine and yelled. I then felt multiple shivers up my spine and I began trembling. I began to burn up while shivering at the same time. I then went to my physical mother and asked if I felt hot. She said I felt really cold.

Afterwards, I was pacing back and forth in my living room. I couldn't rest and I had enough energy to run 7 miles and then play Soccer/Football right after. I then lie down to rest. I felt as if I had to vomit and I was shaking back and forth while chanting the only sloka I had memorized ("Yaa Devi sarvabhuteshu..."). The feeling in my spine remained, and still remains now. It was a feeling in my lower spine that I couldn't describe. As I'm typing this, my whole spine is trembling yet again in the same way it was seconds after opening my eyes.

This is probably VERY common for all of you here. However, being born in the West, I would be termed "possessed" in all experiences other than crying in church/while reciting salat (depending on the religion), so this is new to me. What is this (what happened to me) called, and how can I experience it again? I'm aching to see Maa Durga's Divine Dark-Brown Eyes and Her Beautiful Face and Smile again. Because of this experience, I am 110% devoted and I can now finally give up the things I had so much trouble giving up before (such as meat).

Hi there,

It seems you felt the Kundalini, usulally it happens when the kundalini starts but the unavailability of capable Guru in various cases it leads to the frustration and even more severe results. Most probably I could reach you to the perfect one, who knows !!!

And, person having GOddesses as the Istha too, feel like you did. I'd like to suggest you not to talk such experiences in open. If you'd like to discuss it in private then hit me at theeasternthunder@.

Sure Adam...but you need to do real lots of stuffs to awaken Kundalini ... if you are interesed in it ....this is not enough. The most needed thing is the capable Guru. Only a person, at least with third eye can lead your enegery up...but can reach you upto the same level in rare cases only.

You have your guru, and you don't absolutely need to run around and seek guru. Your guru is Divine Mother herself. She will guide you.

But, having a guru will help as a discipline (from the word disciple).

For example, you say you have a Christian upbringing. If you are Catholic, by way of your initiation in the church, you can take the shelter of the nuns and monks as guru.

That said, you must their discipline, even if in your own way. It is a must to recite mantra while meditating on lila, particularly for you since you are not actually talking about "kundalini".

Kundalini is an artifact of Devotion to God. Your vision is of the Personal Mother and She is higher than the kundalini experience.

I cannot advise or comment on your vision, since for me, Divine Mother is Blessed Mother Mary, and her blissful and transcendental mellows, and her rapt ecstatic Love of God are revealed only through meditation on Jesus Lila.

Seek her and continue your devotion to your mom, and your Divine Mother.

Hi Arjuna

please refer to Kundalini-Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati. (Bihar School of Yoga). This book contains many techniquies to understand the science and technique of Kundalini. Read the Dnyaneshwari translation if available online by VShirvaikar. Chapters 6 to 9 have valuable knowledge.

Regards

sachin

You have your guru, and you don't absolutely need to run around and seek guru. Your guru is Divine Mother herself. She will guide you.

For example, you say you have a Christian upbringing. If you are Catholic, by way of your initiation in the church, you can take the shelter of the nuns and monks as guru.

That said, you must their discipline, even if in your own way. It is a must to recite mantra while meditating on lila, particularly for you since you are not actually talking about "kundalini".

Kundalini is an artifact of Devotion to God. Your vision is of the Personal Mother and She is higher than the kundalini experience.

I cannot advise or comment on your vision, since for me, Divine Mother is Blessed Mother Mary, and her blissful and transcendental mellows, and her rapt ecstatic Love of God are revealed only through meditation on Jesus Lila.

Seek her and continue your devotion to your mom, and your Divine Mother.[/quote

No matter what, you need a Guru to awake your Kundalini...all the matters like you are saying are just to console the heart....you need a guru if you are dreaming it to be real..................

man don't get messed up like this....

herservent well i am glad that you have those feelings .

Well i dont take any words that you tell even if you were pope or some paramhans i believe Guru is the most and withoout guru their is no knowledge and you said divine mother will guide you well you may be right but where can you find the divine mother well i dont know about you but i surely find it in the footsteps of Guru or even higher so the next time the thoughts of guru pop out in your mind take a long breathe and go on a deep meditation on the word called Guru may be you will find a perfect answer and please read some books on Paramhans swami nikhiukeshworananda mayu be it can help you.

To reach the divine mother it may take you century or even long but with the help of guru whos already reached there he can take you there jsut by a touch of his thumb to your center of Forehead (agya Chakra, third eye Place)

Hi there,

There are many that claim you do not need a guru, that the guru is the divinity of God. However a Guru because of their accomplished state (that is of course IF they are a Siddha, or accomplished one) is the hand of God here on Earth. The Kundalini awakening is a VERY serious matter, in my experience. It can be very blissful and such, however it can also have VERY frightening, painful, extreme "side effects" if you will. The Kundalini, if it runs into a spiritual impurity will eat and burn it away, which of course can be felt. Also if you the Kundalini goes up one of the passages that is not the center channel it can also be very painful. The Guru can help guide this energy, and guide you in certain practices that can help make the experience better, and easier. It is sometimes much easier to allow someone who is accomplished and connected to god guide you, unless you and God communicates in a very real, and personal way. It is better because it can provide comfort, and very real immediate help when you need it, in the physical form of your Guru, which can make things a LOT easier for you. The Kundalini awakening is a very real, and wonderful tool to your spiritual growth. Just please get the proper guidance so that you do not end up in a situation of hurt, fear, or bewilderment.

And of course always keep your faith in God, whomever that is to you. God will always protect you and not let you down. Personally I believe you approach God as Mother, and ask to be in her lap, she will always protect you and nurture you when you need her.

I hope you find the right guidance and that your experience is enlightening, blissful, and leads you to where you need to be! May the blessings of God/dess always be with you.

If you cannot comment or advise on this very important matter than why have you? Not to offend your personal path, but this experience was with this divine mother in the form of Durga Maa... And since you think the only form of divine mother that can be experienced is with a "Jesus Lila" (whatever that may be) then I think it's best that you should not confuse this person.

A catholic nun or priest is certainly no guru in the Shakti/Tantric/Hindu Path, no offense. But if someone comes in talking about a vision of a Mother Goddess in the Hindu sense, and talks about the experience this person has, this person will MOST LIKELY be shunned as crazy, opressed, possesed or demonic by their 95% typically Christian Judgemental manner, which feels that their deities and their way is the only way lest the person suffer hell fire and brimstone, which instills negative emotions of fear, anxiety, and depression.

I am not putting down your belief in anyway, I do not disagree with Christianity... However I think that in a serious matter that if you are not confident in knowing the subject matter of discussion, especially if it is a very serious spiritual nature, it is probably best to keep certain thoughts and opinions to oneself as to not confuse a poor soul further. :crazy:

Seek her and continue your devotion to your mom, and your Divine Mother.

Hi there,

There are many that claim you do not need a guru, that the guru is the divinity of God. However a Guru because of their accomplished state (that is of course IF they are a Siddha, or accomplished one) is the hand of God here on Earth. The Kundalini awakening is a VERY serious matter, in my experience. It can be very blissful and such, however it can also have VERY frightening, painful, extreme "side effects" if you will. The Kundalini, if it runs into a spiritual impurity will eat and burn it away, which of course can be felt. Also if you the Kundalini goes up one of the passages that is not the center channel it can also be very painful. The Guru can help guide this energy, and guide you in certain practices that can help make the experience better, and easier. It is sometimes much easier to allow someone who is accomplished and connected to god guide you, unless you and God communicates in a very real, and personal way. It is better because it can provide comfort, and very real immediate help when you need it, in the physical form of your Guru, which can make things a LOT easier for you. The Kundalini awakening is a very real, and wonderful tool to your spiritual growth. Just please get the proper guidance so that you do not end up in a situation of hurt, fear, or bewilderment.

And of course always keep your faith in God, whomever that is to you. God will always protect you and not let you down. Personally I believe you approach God as Mother, and ask to be in her lap, she will always protect you and nurture you when you need her.

I hope you find the right guidance and that your experience is enlightening, blissful, and leads you to where you need to be! May the blessings of God/dess always be with you.

Sure, Guru is the only essential matter on Kundalini. At least with 3rd eye awakening can manage the energy upward in the proper manner but except in some rare cases, upto the Vishudh Chakra only.

So , to acquire the perfection, ( to awaken the 7th Chakra, we need a person with 7th Chakra).

The earth sees only a person in whole era with such...

What if you are ready to find the one with 7th Chakra ?

Could you go for the trials? Could you dare risking your dreams???

Wow, JayaMahaDevi !

you are perfectly to the point and I appreaciate your piercing words. Christians and Muslims and others don't got any other options as Hinduism got. Well, I hate refering Hindu or any other religions when it comes to the spirituality. Still, Hindus got the most liberal paths to the enlightenment. No religion can comepete in freedom with HInduism.

Still, Hindus too act too dumb sometimes...

hoi people

i got one stupid Question !:)

whan you get cold shivers whenever you want , does that meen

you activated kundalini ?

i can do it whenever i want also when its hot like 25 - 30 degrees

or am i just some kind of freak?

You are not a freak. Well, it's not Kundalini...it's a kinda outcome of Meditating mind. You've mastery over your sense. You can do lot better and awaken your Kundalini if you'd get a real Guru...

hoi people

i got one stupid Question !:)

whan you get cold shivers whenever you want , does that meen

you activated kundalini ?

i can do it whenever i want also when its hot like 25 - 30 degrees

or am i just some kind of freak?

You are not a freak. Well, it's not Kundalini...it's a kinda outcome of Meditating mind. You've mastery over your sense. You can do lot better and awaken your Kundalini only if you'd get a real Guru...

There seems to be two camps developing in kundalini awakening. One camp argues guru an absolute must for kundalini awakening. another camp hold guru is not nessary.

Let me pose a puzzle to 'Guru - a - must' camp: How did the first human manage to awaken kundalini if everyone must have a guru? who was the guru for the first guru?

I dont accept the answer that first guru was god form this camp. Because , in that case this camp has already contradicted its position. If the first guru is god, then that means that god has been and can be a guru. And if god has been a guru once He/She can be a guru to a human now also (Why will god deny to one who earnestly call up on his guidance now?) - which implies one strictly doesnot require a living human guru with flessh and blood . Hence God was the first guru is a defeting argument for the 'Guru - a -must' camp.

It is not that I dont belive god as a guru I personally believe that one neednot have a living human guru in the case of kundalini awakening . I mean there are other authentic methods, Like bakti, yogakriyas, and medicine. Patanjaliyoga sutra states these as posible means of kundalini awakening, and guru deksha is only one of the many ways of kundalini awakening ,appartfrom even accidental awakening in some cases. However to understand the phenoiminon and having a disciplinary approach an experienced guru is of great healp.

My own personal position is that guru - True Guru - is internal and to be found nowhere else but in one's own head ( above the agna center situated a centre called Guru Mandala) . External guru is just a projection - Viksheba - of this internal guru(s). (This is true of god too - "God is not to be found in temples constructed by people but with in own's own heart" - esoteric islam) Those who found this internal guru external guru is not needed. Until and unless the internal guru is awakened the external guru is not effective in spiritual deciplines.

By guru, I am taking to mean a spiritual teacher. Not one who gives you information or skill on some material things. You can learn a mathemedical formula, or a recipy of cooking or a medical concoction or pottery , carpentry, etc. from an external teacher but you cannot learn Who You Are - the spiritual knowledge - from an external source - you yourself should realise it as it is about you and with in you. Only an internal teacher can teach this truely. "Search your guru and god within you and you will find them".

K.Ravindran

Dear R K

Guru is not a thing or a person as U seem to perceived from the word itself.

Guru is the beginning of everything....

have U heard that Shiva is the originator of all these stuffs??? and the Lord himself got a Guru .....

i guess we need to do a bit inquiry in it and find what the Guru is exactly....

Honestly, i am not familiar to some of the terms U posted here......well, the Internal Guru U r talking about is a rare case....truly rare....so does not apply in normal people....

U may have reached such level that Ur Guru (whom U mistakenly have thought the internal, outta Ur own head, ...could be the physical Guru with whom U were in past lives if s/he is not living at the moment)

and are getting the guidance...but rare for almost all the people except the ones under the holy guidance of such Guru....

cheers

Dear Passionate Freak,

I agree with you on the guru being origin. I am only reacting to the notion of a Physical guru.

The internal guru is not my conception (and hence my confusion) It is the conception of tantric texts. While an external guru is emphasised in tantric system true guru's feet is supposed to be present in the gurumandala in the place above ajna, internally. When this mandala is activated the person is guided internally in the spiritual path. Every body is supposed to be possessing this center, but in an inactive state -much like kundalini. Indian yoga and tantra sastra holds that guru , Kundalini, and God are present in every body and is the birth right of every body - not a few peolple's exclusive previlege - though many will not use these birth rights. The vedic position is that every Jeevatman ( the emptical self ) is paramatman or Bhraman ( the God).

Hence , since we are all gods , we are all cabable of knowing it. Realization is every body's birth right. Since we are all God, we have omnicience in us some where conceled. All spiritual knowledge is with in us , hidden. This is the meaning that the guru is inside us.

Of course not everyone can easily assess the spiritual knowledge inside us, and an average person needs to seek external teacher who has found out this truth from with in. It is easy that way. If not pointed out by a realised person many die with out ever realising one is actually Bhraman, though this knowledge is all the time there within them.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Hi,

Well, you are quite good at explaining the matters, that's great. But, finding out the internal Guru is real tough...reaching to the Holy Feet of the Guru residing deep inside us, or as U say on the Guru Mandala above the Third Eye is not easy as it sounds...i am with people who are still unable to realize which Chakra in them has been activated ....But, they will know it after the purification of their heart and mind...

after performing some special techniques whether it is Mantric, Tantric, or Yogic...Kundalini upsurges but remains unrealized....and only a Capable Guru can make the Kundalini go up....except in some rare cases....

Though the Guru is the term which refers to the more internal and spiritual realm, we need a Guru in Living Form who could guide us on the path to the self realization....if it is that much easy to go up with the powers...all the seekers of truth would be with this thing...don't U agree it?

cheers

Dear Passionate freak,

I Agree. It is not at all easy to find the internal guru's feet.

Nor I am holding that a living the guryu is not nessary.

I am only holding that there is a provision, and gets actualised in certain rare cases.Not the regular rule.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Dear R K

Sure, i agree you.

Reaching to the internal Guru sure is a high thing and it demands huge determination if we are to do it in own...and another significant matter to it is the Past Karmas...if we got the such SAMSHKAARA from the previous lives sure we can go for the same in this life too.

People tend to believe what they hear or see. It's exactly what happens with the followers . People worship Krishna, Buddha, Rama or else but never know what played role in their lives that those people became like that!!!

Surely, they too got numerous lives...life after life....and are standing like a great Himalaya even in our time and will be there next too many generations.

We had previous lives...and there are lot more to live....

Internal Guru was there and will be ....but unless we reach to the physical Guru who can lead us to the proper path is a must....well,

Teacher is categorized as, Shikshyak (teacher), Acharya, and Guru....but Sadguru is above all these and we need a Sadguru....

Once in a life time there comes a Sadguru but we might not notice and the Sadguru crosses the line...You may confront hell lotta ppl claiming themselves the SADGURU but Sadguru does not come that much easy....being on the holy feet of a Sadguru is like living into the HUGE FIRE !!!

Remember the tragedies in King Satya Harischand (i might have forgotten the name, not sure)...what Vishwamitra did to him??? King had to come across the adversaries and lotta trials.......................

it's what Sadguru does....first s/he puts you into the trial just to turn you into the 24 Karat gold...not the ordinary......

Paradmani can transform the iron into the gold but not into the Paradmani itself but a Sadguru can transform a real disciple just like him !!!

We need a living Guru....in the basic stage...later we would get the guidance from the Guru residing into us and it is the same Guru with whom we have been living since numerous lives.

The only relation which never changes is of the Guru and disciple life after life but all other relations....sure this is the Guru living inside us, the Eternal Guru...with whom we might have been in past lives but couldn't be with this life, we never know....!!!

regards