IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Redsox

Why is krishna unable to accept us as we are?

Rate this topic

I don't get it, he is the lord, he is the cause of our existence, he never really needs anything, he is perfect, 'self satisfied' so to speak , independent, then why would he care if I wake up at 5:30 am in the morning to do pooja for him? Not that I am doing that by the way, but why do anything? Its not like he will be pleased and will come rushing to see me anytime soon. These rituals are not going to please him, actually nothing is going to please him if he is "self satisfied". I don't get it, why do we do these things?

“How much earnestness should we have to approach that land? It is easy - it is difficult. Easy, because it is our inborn tendency. It is home. But now, we are far from home. It is home, my own, so there is hope that I may reach there one day. It is my home and I won't find satisfaction anywhere else, so I must go there, but I am far away from that home comfort. There is the difficulty - I have lost that land.”

~ Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar-deva Gosvami Maharaja,"Sermons of the Guardian of Devotion", Vol II, Ch 12

Well, yes, He hangs with us no matter where we are, our faithful forgotten friend. But we aren't interested - too busy enjoying being the lords of our worlds. So yes, He accepts us, but now we must accept Him.

We can wake up in a moment, as Prabhupada says.

These rituals are not going to please him, actually nothing is going to please him if he is "self satisfied". I don't get it, why do we do these things?

It is not the ritual that pleases Him, but your interest in Him. The ritual is actually for us - to help us focus on Him. The ritual, the focus, the concentration - all that gradually purifies and strenghtens our consciousnes and allows us to taste the spiritual side of life. As the taste for the spiritual side develops, the taste for material things diminishes. Gradually we are becoming disentangled from the thorny bush of material existence, at the same tim developing strong taste for true spirituality... and then one day we become free to leave this world and join Krsna in His realm.

It is not the ritual that pleases Him, but your interest in Him. The ritual is actually for us - to help us focus on Him. The ritual, the focus, the concentration - all that gradually purifies and strenghtens our consciousnes and allows us to taste the spiritual side of life. As the taste for the spiritual side develops, the taste for material things diminishes. Gradually we are becoming disentangled from the thorny bush of material existence, at the same tim developing strong taste for true spirituality... and then one day we become free to leave this world and join Krsna in His realm.

Yeh, it's direct reciprocation of interest, and must be experienced repeatedly for a strong faith to develop.

But...often the spirit is willing and the flesh is weak; even worse, the spirit can be unwilling and the flesh weak... :crazy:

Yeh, it's direct reciprocation of interest, and must be experienced repeatedly for a strong faith to develop.

But...often the spirit is willing and the flesh is weak; even worse, the spirit can be unwilling and the flesh weak... :crazy:

His interest in you is there because He knows your potential to love. He sees you as you CAN be, not as you are now. He knows you are an ugly duckling who will grow up to be a beautiful swan - paramahamsa.

Dont worry about the weakness of the flesh - you are not this flesh - it is the unwilling spirit that is the real problem. That is why we MUST associate with devotees. That is our only hope. Devotees inspire us to develop spiritual interests. Forward, always forward... despite all fall downs, obstacles, and bruises... crawl, walk, or run - but always forward. NEVER ever give up... :)

"Why is krishna unable to accept us as we are?"

Actually Krsna does accept us the way we are... I mean the way we really are as spiritsouls parts and parcels of His very Self and His eternal loving servants and friends.

The question should be, "why don't we accept ourselves as we really are?" Instead we hide under the cover of ahankara concealed from our very selves?

His interest in you is there because He knows your potential to love. He sees you as you CAN be, not as you are now. He knows you are an ugly duckling who will grow up to be a beautiful swan - paramahamsa.

Dont worry about the weakness of the flesh - you are not this flesh - it is the unwilling spirit that is the real problem. That is why we MUST associate with devotees. That is our only hope. Devotees inspire us to develop spiritual interests. Forward, always forward... despite all fall downs, obstacles, and bruises... crawl, walk, or run - but always forward. NEVER ever give up... :)

Thanks, prabhu...very kind words.

Most of my ongoing friendships are with devotees, largely "inactive status" types, but devotees nonetheless...they haven't forgotten Krsna. The conversation always gets around to some aspect of spiritual life pretty quickly.

I'm feeling old, tired, and complacent in material life. Can't focus on doing sadhana, and this is the period of life when I should be doing so, and also have the time.

Online association is nice...lots of good souls and huge amounts of wisdom and bhakti here!

Cue up the "Chariots of Fire" theme!!

Gaura Hari!!!

Or the theme from the original "Rocky".