IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Who Are These Rascal Mayavadis?

Rate this topic

"There was a lot of discussion over doughnuts in the coffee shop round the corner from 22nd Avenue after the classes," says article by Balavidya das, "So we resolved to sort the problem out. One day in Prabhupada's rooms, across the courtyard and upstairs at the back of 22nd Avenue, we asked Prabhupada, 'Just who are these rascal mayavadis and impersonalists? And why is it so important? Why so much stress on them?' We weren't ready for the answer…

The drama of the moment was high, and knowing his audience was hooked, he looked me deep in the eye as he straightened his arms, placing both hands on his knees. It was an impressive posture. Then, he opened his eyes wide, raised his eyebrows, rolled his head a little backwards, and looked at me down the length of his nose, while taking a deep breath. Something big was coming.

• "'You are the mayavadis!' Prabhupada roared at us, 'You are the impersonalists! You want to become God! You want to enjoy! You don't want to surrender! You want to be the big controller!'"

full article

6oeepw.gif

22nd Avenue??? Are we talking about New York here? There is no 22nd Avenue in Manhattan as far as I remember.

"There was a lot of discussion over doughnuts in the coffee shop round the corner from 22nd Avenue after the classes," says article by Balavidya das, "So we resolved to sort the problem out. One day in Prabhupada's rooms, across the courtyard and upstairs at the back of 22nd Avenue, we asked Prabhupada, 'Just who are these rascal mayavadis and impersonalists? And why is it so important? Why so much stress on them?'

22nd Avenue??? Are we talking about New York here? There is no 22nd Avenue in Manhattan as far as I remember.

Sorry for making you feel offended, it is probably 26 Second Avenue. Nothing else to share how come, so airheaded? But anyway, thanks for marking the post.

http://www.krishnanyc.com/activities.html#2

Friday Harinams - 5pm to 7pm

Public kirtan every Friday beginning at 26 Second Avenue, through Union Square and back from 5pm - 7pm. All are invited!

Not offended. Just confused.

Of course, confusion is our "natural" state here in the Plane of Exploitation, no?

Otherwise, I plead guilty to being both a Mayavadi *and* a sahajiya.

I am indeed an airhead!

Sorry for making you feel offended, it is probably 26 Second Avenue. Nothing else to share how come, so airheaded? But anyway, thanks for marking the post.

http://www.krishnanyc.com/activities.html#2

Friday Harinams - 5pm to 7pm

Public kirtan every Friday beginning at 26 Second Avenue, through Union Square and back from 5pm - 7pm. All are invited!

People on this earth are born to enjoy, to be independent free from all distractions. If some theory was institutionalised, that institution will always try to project itself superior than the rest. If any thought was institutionalised on the first instant, then the person who has done it is NOT a realised person. He is a slave of his own theory. If Prabhupada has said this, he is a slave of his own belief and not a realised person (i dont think Prabhupada would have told this. It may just be another story to glorify ISKCON). Kindly correct me if I am wrong. When we have the independence to find Truth in many ways which leads to the same objective, it is not right to be Subjective and tell that only your way is right. Prabhupadas way is the path he found. Find your own path. Dont rely on Prabhupadas experience to realise yourself. No people like Krishna, Janaka, Buddha, Mahavira, Jesus Christ, Prophet Muhammed lived on the experiences of any master. It was they who experienced. So, experience yourself. Be a Prabhu, not a Slave.