IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Dream last night

Rate this topic

I had a dream last night where I was in (How do I describe it?) a kind of heaven.. My Mind would make things up and it would then manifest. There were many people there and some poeple didnt realize they were even there.

I found myself thrown around because I couldnt keep my mind stable.. Lots of Paranoid thoughts would pop up and manifest.. I dont know how I can express this acurately.. it was quite amazing.. It was like it was home.. anyone have a similar experience??

I'm glad you had a pleasant dream.

I tend not to remember my dreams, but, last night, I dreamt that I was walking down some stairs. Suddenly, below me, I saw my 7-year old son fall down the middle part of the stairwell for a good 5 seconds before hitting the stairs.

The feeling of helplessness while watching him fall, the wanting to be able to reach out and catch him, and the sound his body made when it hit were enough to startle me awake.

I'm still a little shaken by the experience.

In my mind, I try to, on occasion, prepare myself for the possibility that I will outlive one or both of my kids. I try to focus on spiritual principles. However, an experience like this reminds me of just how deeply-rooted my mundane attachments are.

I wonder I had really visited the place I dreamed of thru my subtle body??

I'd like to visit it again.. but I dont know how to dream it again.

This could mean that you came from the heavenly planets like described in Bhagavad-gita,

te tam bhuktva svarga lokam vishalam

kshine punye martya-lokam vishanti

"After enjoying in the heavenly abode (svarga-loka), when their pious results are exhausted, they again enter the abode of death ."

When coming from higher planets to here it surely draws one back. To become used to live here might take some time - but better not to become used and become situated in spiritual activity. Then you're transcendental and free from duality of all those different living conditions. As long as the material body exists, there are actions and reactions in the material modes. One has to learn tolerance in the face of dualities such as happiness and distress, or cold and warmth, and by tolerating such dualities become free from anxieties regarding gain and loss. This transcendental position is achieved in full Krishna consciousness when one is fully dependant on the good will of Krishna. Meanwhile it is said,

te ye satam manusa anandah

sa eko manusyagandharvanamanandah

srotriyasya cakamahatasya

"One hundred such units of human joy make up a single unit of joy which the manushya gandharva possesses. A sage full of revelation and free from all cravings also possesses the same joy.

te ye satam manusya-gandharvanamanandah

sa eko devagandharva-namanandah

"One hundred such units of joy which the manushya gandharva possesses make the joy of the deva gandharva. A sage full of revelation and free from all cravings also possesses the same joy."

te ye satam devagandarvanamanandah

sa ekah pitrinam ciralokalokanamanandah

"One hundred such units of joy which the deva gandharva possess make the joy of the Pitrus who inhabit the long enduring would. A sage full of revelation and free from all cravings also possesses the same joy."

te ye satam pitrinam satam ciralokaloka-namanandah

sa eka ajanajanam devanamanandah

"One hundred such units of joy which the Pitrus inhabiting the long enduring world possess make the joy of those demigods who are so by birth in the Ajana heaven (ajana devas). A sage full of revelation and free from all cravings also possesses the same joy."

te ye satamajanajanam devanamanandah

sa ekah karmadevanam deva namanadnah

ye karmana devanapiyanti

"One hundred such units of joy which the Ajana-born demigods (ajana devas) possess make the joy of those who have become demigods (karma devas) by the force of their deeds. A sage full of revelation and free from all cravings also possesses the same joy."

te ye satam devanamananadah

sa eka indrasyanandah

srotiyasya cakamahatasya

"One hundred such units of joy of the highest gods make the joy of Indra. A sage full of revelation and free from all cravings also possesses the same joy."

te ye satamindrasyanandah

sa eko brihaspateranandah

"One hundred such units of Indra's joy make the joy of Brihaspati. A sage full of revelation and free from all cravings also possesses the same joy."

satam brihaspaterananda

sa ekah prajapateranandah

"One hundred such units of Brihaspati's joy make the joy of Prajapati. A sage full of revelation and free from all cravings also possesses the same joy."

te ye satam prajapateranandah

sa eko brahmana anandah

"One hundred such units of Prajapati's joy make the bliss of Brahman. A sage who is full of revelation and free from all cravings possesses all these various measures of joy."

sa yascayam puruse

yascasavaditye sa ekah

sa ya evamvit asmallokat pretya

etamannamayamatmanamupasankramati

"And this bliss which is in the human being and in the yonder Sun are the same. He who comprehends fully as stated above, after departing from this world, transcends the Annamaya, Pranamaya, Manomaya, Vijnanamaya, and Anandamaya selfs. With regard to that there is also this memorial stanza."

(Taittiriya Upanishad)