IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Update on Nirguna Prabhu: Say Goodbye to an old friend before depature to KRSNA!

Rate this topic

By Hari-sauri dasa

Here is a brief update on Nirguna prabhu:

October 10, 8:00 PM, Sridham Mayapur

Nirguna prabhu is in very good consciousness despite his body dwindling to practically skin and bone. He is only taking a little water, and that by shooting it into his mouth with a spray, but he is happy and looking forward to his departure. He told us this afternoon that when he first joined KC, he was told by the devotees there was no enjoyment in this material world, and at that time he didn’t really believe it. But now he said he understands it very clearly.

This afternoon the transcendental twins Jananivas and Pankajanghri prabhus spent some time chatting with him. He is having some nice realizations of progress in Krsna consciousness. He told us that initially when we join the movement, we are full of realizations and enthusiasm, we want to take sannyasa etc. But then after some time we retreat from that and we have to go through marriage, home, earning etc. But now he feels that he is making further and further progress to higher and higher levels, and now there is no falling back. It is very evident that he is fully detached from his body and everything connected with it, and he is centered on the only source of true satisfaction, Lord Krsna.

He is simply praying that Srila Prabhupada will come and take him at the right time. He is relishing readings from Caitanya Bhagavat by Bhakti Vishrambha Madhava Maharaja who has very kindly come to stay here until Nirguna prabhu leaves; 10th Canto readings of Krsna’s childhood pastimes, and some occasional readings of Srila Prabhupada’s pastimes. Some of the brahmacaris come to chant for him in the afternoons from 4-8 PM, many of the Mayapur youth are chanting for him also, and there is a small but enthusiastic squad of helpers to ease his last days in his broken body by providing almost constant massage to ease the pain of his paralysed legs. Janmastami and Samkalpa prabhus have worked hard to provide an ideal environment for his departure in the MIHET building, and have been very active in enlisting other devotees to assist.

Nirguna has been enlivened to receive calls from his godbrothers and sisters around the world. His number is 09332584165.

Its hard to say how much longer he will be with us, but he is setting a wonderful example of how to successfully complete this human form of life. If anyone wants to contact him for a last farewell before he moves to higher realms, India morning time is good for him from 6-9 AM.

Your humble servant, Hari-sauri dasa

NIRGUNA PRABHU getting more serious!

Published by admin on October 14, 2007

SrI SrI Guru Gaurangau Jayatah

Camp: Iskcon Mayapura Candrodoya Mandir, Nadia, West Bengal

Dear Dhritarastra Dasa.

Jaya Krishna BalarAma! DaNDavat PranAma! Please accept my respectful obeisances. All Glories to Sreela PrabhupAda.

Nirguna is getting weaker by the day, he’s goin’ faster then everybody has thought. He has (by the doctors @ 2 weeks to 1 month left.) one devotee br. dabblin’ in jyotish says that tuesday mangala arati time will be a crux time for him.

Nirguna’s phone number was listed on dandavats.com in suresvara’s letter, Bhima and dhrits, if you want to call him better you do so now as later on his voice will be too shot to speak to either of you.

[url="http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/"]

yours in the service of Krsna BalarAma,

TridaNDi BhikSu, Bhakti Visrambha MAdhava

"Words of wisdom from Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura"

1. We are put to test and trial in this world. Only those who attend the kirtana of the devotees can succeed.

2. Every spot on earth where discourses on God are held is a place of pilgrimage.

3. Possession of objects not related to Krsna is our main malady.

4. Let me not desire anything but the highest good for my worst enemies.

5. As dalliance with the body in luxury increases, so wanes the spirit of service of the Lord.

6. Those favored by God find their paths set by thorns.

7. There is no peace or happiness in our worldly life. Circumstances create turmoil and annoyance.

8. Chant the maha mantra loudly and with attachment. This will drive away inertia, worldly evils and pests.

9. Be indifferent to bazaar gossips, stick firmly to your cherished goals, no lack or impediments of the world will ever stand in your way.

10. Pay due respects to the extroverts of the world, but do not be appreciative of their manner”They are to be shaken off from your mind.

11. A devotee feels the presence of God everywhere, but one averse to the Lord denies His existence anywhere.

12. You cannot appreciate transcendental matters with the reasoning of the world. It is sheer nonsense to decry them with the measuring stick of your intellect.

13. To recite the name of Sri Krsna is bhakti.

14. Life is for the glorification of topics on Hari. If that is stopped, then what need is there to carry on life.

15. Physical illness with Hari-bhajana is preferred to physical fitness without Hari-bhajana.

16. Our span of life on earth is short. Our life will be crowned with success if the body wears out with constant discourses on Hari.

17. We are here on earth not to work as artisans for making big buildings with wood and stone but to work only as messengers for the teachings of Sri Caitanya Deva.

18. A sycophant is neither a guru or a preacher.

19. To transform the adverse desires of the jivas is the supreme duty ofTo rescue one person from the stronghold of Mahamaya is an act of superb-benevolence, far superior to opening innumerable hospitals.

20. Unless we are devoted to God,secularism shall not leave us.

21. Look within.Amend yourself, rather than pry into the frailties of others.

22. In this world of Maya, averse to the Lord, full of trials and tribulations, only patience, humility and respect for others are our friends for Hari-bhajana.

23. The Lord, Gaurasundara, puts His devotees in various difficulties and associations to test their patience and strength of mind. Success depends on their goodÊfortune.

24. When faults in others misguide and delude you - have patience, introspect, find faults in yourself. Know that others cannot harm you unless you harm yourself.

25. I wish that every selfless, tender-hearted person of Gaudiya Math will be prepared to shed two hundred gallons of blood for the nourishment of the spiritual corpus of every individual of this world.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=592 bgColor=#faf8e3 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=left width=591 background=/main/themes/nokoala/images/text_box_bg_up.jpg height=245>A lesson to learn: Update on Nirguna Prabhu's health condition

</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- start 'content' --><!-- begin content -->By gopijana on Sat, 2007-10-13 08:06.

Nirguna%20Pr%2013%20oct.jpg

'I am very grateful to get to serve this great vaisnava. Generally people towards the end stage are fearful of death, but it is amazing to see someone fighting this disease so bravely always smiling', expressed Dr.Vanish from Bhakti Vedanta Hospital, who is attending Nirguna Pr at Mayapur.He further said that the people in material world are eager to live but Nirguna Pr is teaching by his own example that how one should be eager to go back to Krsna.

It's nice to be with him and see the way he is dealing with such big problems smilingly, that teaches so many lessons and shows the beauty of practicing Krsna consciousness and dedicating one's life for Krsna.

Clinically, Nirguna Pr is suffering of Posterior Medistinal Spindle Cell Sarcoma. When asked about his present condition, Dr.Vanish said that he is comfortable, conscious, well oriented and the pain is under control. He has a supra-pubic catheter put to deal with his urinary drainage. He is quite critical condition and cannot survive for long. He has very good consciousness and welcomes every visitor with heart warming smile. He has stopped eating drinking since 09Oct'07.

Nirguna%2013%20oct.jpg

Nirguna Prabhu expressed “ I am very fortunate to be here in the dham with all the devotees. I appreciated the spiritual care extended by devotees over here”.

A very nice team of devotees take care of him round the clock. Devotees come to meet him, chant, read Srimad Bhagavatham and give massage to this wonderful disciple of Srila Prabhupada.

If any of his godbrothers and sisters would like to call Nirguna pr, please call him between 06 - 09AM on his number is 09332584165.

We request all the vaisnavas to pray to Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha-Madhava, Sri Sri Panchatattva and Sri Nrsimhadeva and Srila Prabhupada for his smooth journey into the spiritual world.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I met Nirguna prabhu back in the late 70's.

No doubt he is an outstanding disciple of Srila Prabhupada.

I can only dream of meeting death as auspicioulsy as he is doing surrounded by loving devotees and having all facility for remembering Krishna.

I will never be so fortunate and so blessed.

Nirguna prabhu is a jewel of a soul and his death will be the beginning of a very auspicious new beginning.

He is blessed and fortunate.

Actually, I pray that he will pray for me, as he is destined for glory and I am so lowly.

Praying for Nirguna?

No.

We should all be asking that he should pray for us.

His destination is Cintamani-dhama.:crying2:

I met Nirguna prabhu back in the late 70's.

No doubt he is an outstanding disciple of Srila Prabhupada.

I can only dream of meeting death as auspicioulsy as he is doing surrounded by loving devotees and having all facility for remembering Krishna.

I will never be so fortunate and so blessed.

Nirguna prabhu is a jewel of a soul and his death will be the beginning of a very auspicious new beginning.

He is blessed and fortunate.

Actually, I pray that he will pray for me, as he is destined for glory and I am so lowly.

Praying for Nirguna?

No.

We should all be asking that he should pray for us.

His destination is Cintamani-dhama.:crying2:

Yes he is so very fortunate for the final curtain. All glories to his Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada through whom we may one day all meet together in the spiritual world!:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

http://mayapurkatha.blogspot.com/2007/10/nirguna-prabhu-is-preparing-to-leave.html

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

12-10-07 update:

This video features Nirguna Prabhu leaving his body in the Holy abode of Mayapur Dhama, surrounded by helpful devotees of Krishna, who are trying to accommodate his needs – both medical and especially spiritual.

Nirguna has Posterior Medistinal Spindle Cell Sarcoma (a form of cancer).

In this short video, Bhakti Vishrambha Madhava Swami is reading pastimes of Lord Sri Chaitanya to Nirguna Prabhu.

</EMBED>

Devotees help each other at the moment of death to remember Krishna and leave body in a focused state of mind – focused on the real goal of human life – attaining Krishna.

I have known Nirguna Prabhu for many years. We have first met when he was a TP in Murari Sevaka, TN. When he later moved to Prabhupada Village we have become good neighbours and friends. He liked to chant his rounds sitting high above my pond on a bench I placed there just for that reason. I pray he does not suffer too much in his final days. I also pray for his mercy, as he is such a nice devotee. There is nothing worse than a seperation from good Vaishnavas...:crying2:

I have known Nirguna Prabhu for many years. We have first met when he was a TP in Murari Sevaka, TN. When he later moved to Prabhupada Village we have become good neighbours and friends. He liked to chant his rounds sitting high above my pond on a bench I placed there just for that reason. I pray he does not suffer too much in his final days. I also pray for his mercy, as he is such a nice devotee. There is nothing worse than a seperation from good Vaishnavas...:crying2:

I never heard people saying good-bye to some diseased person so distinctly as posts above - why not hope that Nirguna prabhu will recover?

http://www.dandavats.com/?p=4567#more-4567

Does Nirguna Prabhu hope for a recovery? Hasn't he stopped eating?

When the wife of my godfather gave up all attachment to the body and was fully prepared to die, something mysterious happened. Although the medical report said that nothing could be done anymore to save her from leaving this body, she suddenly fully recovered from final stage of cancer and got cured without any medical help. Later on she said, it only started to happen after she had given up all attachments to go on living in this body and learned to accept that she has to leave. Later she said that her whole way of seeing things changed and that she became fully conscious that our attachment to this world is an illusion.

What happened is that she obviously went through giving up this body in thought and thus felt like being reborn, getting a new life without actually leaving this body.

Yep. Such wondrous things are possible. Perhaps Nirguna Prabhu will have the same experience. Perhaps fasting is the best thing he can do right now for his health.

At the same time, the scriptures tell us of rishis who can choose the time of their departure from their bodies during meditation. Perhaps what Nirguna Prabhu is doing is the modern equivalent of that.

Having recently experienced the passing of my (85-year old and in gradually-failing health) grandfather by suicide, I cannot condemn him for his actions, merely lament the circumstances (such as the effect it has had on my Grandmother). I'm told that, in other countries, such as Holland, folks have more "humane" options for choosing to end their lives.

While we ought to see our bodies as temples of the Lord and not our own properties, at the same time, isn't hanging on to the body when, by all indications, it has passed beyond the point of viability, merely sentimentalism?

When the wife of my godfather gave up all attachment to the body and was fully prepared to die, something mysterious happened. Although the medical report said that nothing could be done anymore to save her from leaving this body, she suddenly fully recovered from final stage of cancer and got cured without any medical help. Later on she said, it only started to happen after she had given up all attachments to go on living in this body and learned to accept that she has to leave. Later she said that her whole way of seeing things changed and that she became fully conscious that our attachment to this world is an illusion.

What happened is that she obviously went through giving up this body in thought and thus felt like being reborn, getting a new life without actually leaving this body.

Yep. Such wondrous things are possible. Perhaps Nirguna Prabhu will have the same experience. Perhaps fasting is the best thing he can do right now for his health.

At the same time, the scriptures tell us of rishis who can choose the time of their departure from their bodies during meditation. Perhaps what Nirguna Prabhu is doing is the modern equivalent of that.

Having recently experienced the passing of my (85-year old and in gradually-failing health) grandfather by suicide, I cannot condemn him for his actions, merely lament the circumstances (such as the effect it has had on my Grandmother). I'm told that, in other countries, such as Holland, folks have more "humane" options for choosing to end their lives.

While we ought to see our bodies as temples of the Lord and not our own properties, at the same time, isn't hanging on to the body when, by all indications, it has passed beyond the point of viability, merely sentimentalism?

No, we had in the past years far too many Vaishnavas leaving this world untimely. Vaishnavism in line of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is a preaching movement. If there would be a global media campaign about all those many devotees of ISKCON who left this world at such a young age, this would cause a quite big uncertainty factor to scrutinize if present Vaishnavism is an ideal lifestyle, that devotees know how to properly prepare food and lead a healthy life, rules and regulations are ok, etc. From point of view to see Gaudiya-Vaishnavism as exemplary preaching movement this is a disturbance and not at all something wortwhile. For example, all of my godbrothers/sisters who moved to India don't live anymore. This might be nice and ok from your view point (blissfull passing) but it is not a good propaganda to create faith in Vaishnavism for people in general.

Oh, so now it's *your* turn to play the "how will this look to others" card! :)

Well, since I've played that one with you before (regarding science), I guess I have no ground on which to stand here :(

Still, if somebody is looking at the age of the body at the time of passing and ignoring the quality of life of the Vaishnava, their peace of mind and acceptance of their fate, and the love and support which buoys them in their passing, then they are a superficial person who will need to undergo far more suffering before they will be receptive to the message of hope.

Is there some nobility or honor simply in persisting in these mortal coils, when our capacity for practical service is all but gone?

No, we had in the past years far too many Vaishnavas leaving this world untimely. Vaishnavism in line of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is a preaching movement. If there would be a global media campaign about all those many devotees of ISKCON who left this world at such a young age, this would cause a quite big uncertainty factor to scrutinize if present Vaishnavism is an ideal lifestyle, that devotees know how to properly prepare food and lead a healthy life, rules and regulations are ok, etc. From point of view to see Gaudiya-Vaishnavism as exemplary preaching movement this is a disturbance and not at all something wortwhile. For example, all of my godbrothers/sisters who moved to India don't live anymore. This might be nice and ok from your view point (blissfull passing) but it is not a good propaganda to create faith in Vaishnavism for people in general.

I never heard people saying good-bye to some diseased person so distinctly as posts above - why not hope that Nirguna prabhu will recover?

Anything is possible but there is not much hope. In a way I think he lost the will to stay here. His bodily condition is very, very serious.

Anything is possible but there is not much hope. In a way I think he lost the will to stay here. His bodily condition is very, very serious.

It seems to be the case.

When Rsabdev Prabhu (ACBSP (I think there's at least one more)), husband of Kum Kum Devi Dasi (ACBSP) and I spoke for the last time, he was dying from cancer (despite undergoing the recommended allopathic treatments) and planning to go to India to leave his body.

I expressed some hope that he would recover, and he exasperatedly insisted, "I'm dying!!" (his body, of course, he would not confuse the issue).

In his tone, I heard his complete acceptance of that fact. Furthermore, he sounded like he was disgusted with his body after all the suffering he had so stoically endured.

When one is young and healthy, it can be difficult to accept that our bodies are nothing more than bags of blood, pus, etc., but when they start falling apart, it becomes much more easy to accept, doesn't it?

When one is young and healthy, it can be difficult to accept that our bodies are nothing more than bags of blood, pus, etc., but when they start falling apart, it becomes much more easy to accept, doesn't it?

Oh yes. The necessity to "die" before dying becomes ever more pressing. What relief will there be to die still covered with the ahankara forcing us into another birth.

Was that Rsabhadeva from the old Laguna beach temple you spoke of?

In a way I think he lost the will to stay here.

It is the duty of a spiritual management to create a situation where older Vaishnavas see a mission to fullfill. Not that devotees think at one point, I'm not required anymore - without me, everything works fine. Already around 1980 this was introduced by a prominent GBC man - nobody had anything to oppose, to tell devotees that they should know what they want to do and not that they are being told what kind of service they should perform. This GBC man would always get enraged that devotees have no own will and no brain and when being told what to do they would do this like robots and not based upon their own conviction. And therefore things would always come out ineffectual. This might be true in the world of work of the non-Vaishnavas but is a nonsensical philosophy within a hierarchical structured monastic society of Vaishnavas. Monks should have a service and obey to superior authority. Not that monks are being asked, "what do you want to do?" Of course, there're types of service which can be performed by a certain type of personality more easy and someone else might struggle hard doing such service, so this has to be adjusted.

In sum, old prabhus/matajis should be taken care of.

"Old man also should be taken care of. Nowadays the philosophy is coming: “mercy-killing.” “Old men should be killed to show him mercy.” Because he is burden in the society, the communistic theory “Old man does not do anything and simply eats; therefore to show him mercy he should be killed.” “Mercy-killing.” Just see the philosophy: “Killing is mercy.” But this is going on. “Mercy-killing.” Is that? “Mercy-killing”? What is that?

Brahmānanda: They kill someone for that person’s benefit.

Prabhupāda: Benefit. So the man killer, will he take that benefit? If somebody comes that “I shall kill you for your benefit,” that he will be afraid of. But he is philosophizing, “mercy-killing.” This is going on. So one should be respectful also to the old men. According to Vedic knowledge, brāhmaṇa, old men, child, woman, and cow—they have no fault. They are free. They are not within this jurisdiction of law. So therefore cow-killing, brāhmaṇa-killing, woman-killing, and elderly-person-killing, they are accepted as the great sinful activities."

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 6.1.56-57

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Bombay, August 14, 1975

At http://www.youtube.com/Mayapurvision it says, "Dying Experience of a Godly Man". Somehow can't figure what they want to say by showing this?

More fodder for us "intrigue junkies" perhaps?

Yes, Theist,as Beggar says, Rsabdev Prabhu, husband of Niscintya Devi Dasi (ex-wife of Naranarayana Prabhu Vishvakarma) was still on the planet, the last time I checked. Another lovely devotee!!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=592 bgColor=#faf8e3 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=left width=591 background=/main/themes/nokoala/images/text_box_bg_up.jpg height=245>

</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- start 'content' --><!-- begin content -->

Thu, 2007-10-18

Nir%2016.jpg

I'm here in Shree Dhama Mayapur helping care for an old book distributor god-brother. Nirguna Krsna das will need all the public blessings he can get for his successful flight out of his body to the svetadvipa spiritual world. He's going through some heavy crises with his spine cancer. Devarsi dasa (the Jyotish) saying today at mangala arati time Mayapura, He'll be going through some tough times.

He really might be leaving then, His urine flow was very less yesterday, and he has not eaten anything since 1 week or so.

If you want to send him a message write him an e-mail fast, according to Devarsi dasa (a dabbler in astrology) as He might be leaving his body in 2 days, or if he lives after that Oct 26th is also a hard day predicted. his voice is so weak now, its useless to phone him to talk to him.

Nirguna%2016.jpg

I'm here in Mayapura serving Nirguna Krsna dasa (acbsp) He has terminal spine cancer, with paralysis to his legs. he's skin and bones now, yet his doctor, says with his strength level he may last another day or as much as 15-30 days more. (this was the same doctor who served in vraja-radha kunda das-he left varunthini ekadasi in vraja april 13th with cancer, and

caitanyananda dasa br. of Helsinki Finland fame, who left August 7th of cancer all after 6 months fighting it).

on October 6th He had a mild operation to put a catheter in his stomach to his bladder so he can remove urine. he's in good spirits but in pain. he's paralysed from the waist down due to his spine neck cancer. he's drinking only very little water or caranamrta. He told me over the phone that he'd like to leave his body earlier if RAdha Madhava, asta sakhi gana and sri sri Panca Tattva allow him to.

I see that he's stabilizing in his weakness so far. his voice though weak seems stronger then yesterday, I read him his e-mails to him.

His e-mail is dasnirguna@

There is a huge list of people attending to

him now, as caretakers and as separate messagers. His legs are paining him a lot, although he can't move them independently, so His messagers are holding them up in the air and 'cyclin' them both, to relieve the Pain.

His spirit is quite strong, some devotees are reading brihat bhagavatamrta to him, others sarartha darshini, and I've been reading him caitanya Bhagavata Madhyakhanda with srila Bhaktisiddhanta's gaudiya bhasya after completing chapter 1 today we read Madhya 2 1-20.

24 hour kirtan has also started from yesterday.

yours in the service of Krsna Balarama,

Tridandi Bhiksu, Bhakti Visrambha Madhava swami

Diary of a Traveling Preacher

Volume 8, Chapter 11

October 15, 2007

By Indradyumna Swami

“Farewell”

Dear Nirguna prabhu,

Please accept my most humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am following the news of your departure from this world due to cancer through the Dandavats website, as well as through devotees who are coming to Vrindavan from Mayapura Dhama. The website has a telephone number and an invitation to call you and say farewell. However, it is too painful for me to say goodbye that way. I prefer to write. In this way it’s easier for me to reveal my thoughts and express the way I feel.

Like all devotees, I’m saddened by your imminent departure. Although you and I have known each other for only a few years, I feel we have developed a strong bond of affection. I remember when I visited Prabhupada Village in North Carolina a few years ago you gave me a gift of several thousand dollars. It was a significant donation from a simple householder like you, and I was very touched. You spoke highly of my services and I was humbled. I remember inviting you to visit our festival tour in Poland. Like many, you expressed an eagerness to attend; my experience has been, however, that few actually do. So I was delightfully surprised when a few months later you wrote to say you were actually coming that summer.

Curious, I began asking various devotees more about you. I am happy to report that each and every devotee I contacted in America had only praise for your many years of service to our beloved spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada. Time and again I heard you glorified as a long-standing book distributor, humble devotee, loyal ISKCON follower, and, most significantly, a Prabhupada Man. I became elated that you would join us on the tour. And join us you did! As soon as you came you were giving classes, going on harinama, preaching in the Questions and Answers tent, and helping in any way requested of you. Many tour devotees remarked how enthusiastic you were. It was our good fortune that you visited several times over the years. On behalf of all the Polish festival tour devotees, I thank you very much.

As I hear about you going through this final challenge, I can only admire the example you are setting. Your courage and your faith in Krsna at this momentous hour is outstanding. I noticed the same in our godbrother Sridhar Maharaja before his departure. It gives me confidence that I, too, can follow in the footsteps of such godbrothers and be fearless at the time of death. I believe such fearlessness is due to detachment from all the temporary things of this world and a genuine love for the spiritual master and Krsna. Such realizations come only after a lifetime of sincere and dedicated service.

I remember also seeing the same courage and faith in my disciple Vraja Lila dasi when she left her body a few years ago. Her words to me, just days before she passed away, remain in my heart like a beacon of light illuminating the path from this world to the next. I offer them to you as a meditation in your final hours:

My dearmost Spiritual Master,

I bow down to your lotus feet. All glories to you.

Everything is going away from my hands; every material hope which I had. But I am still a child in spiritual life. I wish I had a little love or spiritual bhava within my heart. But I have deep, firm faith in you. I am happy because of this faith, and I’ll be keeping it as a great treasure. It gives me another kind of faith to be back in the spiritual world and attain the service of the lotus feet of Sri Sri Radha-Syamasundara. And this kind of faith is faith in real things which, I am sure, are existing and are just waiting for me at that side of the door. I am indebted to you so much that you are guiding me in my spiritual life, although I feel so much separation from you.

Your servant, Vraja Lila dasi

My dear Nirguna prabhu, we have only our guru maharaja, Srila Prabhupada, to thank for guiding all of us safely back to the spiritual world. And for the service you have rendered in this lifetime you can be assured of eternal service to his lotus feet in that transcendental abode. Therefore, you have nothing to lament as you prepare to leave your diseased and pain-ridden body. It is for those of us who will remain to lament our prolonged existence in this miserable world. But while we are here, let us try to follow your wonderful example in preaching the glories of the Lord until the end.

Please tolerate any pain and inconvenience you will endure in these final days. It is something we must all experience, without exception. Know for sure that Srila Prabhupada is waiting for you. He once wrote me, “Yes, I am also missing my guru maharaja, but I always feel that he is watching over and protecting me.”

Thank you for your brief association in this lifetime. I only wish I had had the honor to meet you earlier. I hope to be blessed with the good fortune of serving with you in a future lifetime. Or perhaps, by the causeless mercy of Srila Prabhupada, we may meet again soon in the spiritual sky . . . where all walking is dancing, all talking is singing, and there’s a festival every day.

I love you and will miss you dearly.

Your servant, Indradyumna Swami

<!-- You can start editing here. --><!-- T R A C K B A C K S / P I N G B A C K S -->

<!-- C O M M E N T S -->Comments

<!-- end .comments-header -->

1 Dear Indradyumna Maharaja,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You were wise to say good-bye to Nirguna Prabhu in writing. And compassionate. When I called him to say good-bye yesterday, it was very difficult for him to speak. When I asked him how he was so fearless as death was approaching, his three-word response said it all: “Faith in Krishna.”

One reason Nirguna was able to join you on the Polish Tour was that Krishna had just dismantled his family life. Instead of becoming depressed or trying to recoup, he wound up his affairs and hit the road to preach. Like yourself, a true sankirtana soldier.

Thank you for beautifully expressing what all of us who know Nirguna feel: sad that he’s leaving us and happy for his golden opportunity to go home.

Bravo, Nirguna, the Golden Dancer awaits you…With brotherly love from your servant,

Suresvara dasa

<!-- end .comments-middle -->Comment posted by SuresvaraACBSP on October 16th, 2007

<!-- end .comments-bottom -->

<!-- end .comments -->

Thank you, Maharaja, for beautifully expressing what we feel for Nirguna Prabhu–sad he’ll be leaving us, happy he has such a golden opportunity to go home. We are moved and purified to hear one sankirtana soldier saying good-bye to another. Bravo to Nirguna. The Golden Dancer awaits his humble heart…Ys, Suresvara dasa

<!-- end .comments-middle -->Comment posted by SuresvaraACBSP on October 16th, 2007

<!-- end .comments-bottom -->

<!-- end .comments -->

Dear Nirguna Prabhu, Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Since I probably won’t get to see you again in this life. I just wanted to say a few words. We were only toghther very briefly in Atlanta back in about 1988 but your association was so inspiring that when I heard about your condition it all came back to me. You were so dedicated to book distribution that it inspired me to go out. I am also still going out here in Italy where I have been living and preaching for the last 25 years or so I hope to follow in your footsteps as it seems that Prabhupada gives special mercy to those who gave themselves to distributing his books. I am sure that Prabhupada is waiting for you to help him in some other mission to save the conditioned souls somewhere. I’ll pray for you that you will make it there safe and sound and you pray for me that I can come there with you all some day and distribute books again with you and all the other members of Srila Prabhupada’s Sankirtan Party.

Srila Prabhupada’s book distribution kijay!

Your servant Trai das

ps please offer my obeisances to Janmastami Prabhu and Madhava Maharaja who are so kindly staying by you

<!-- end .comments-middle -->Comment posted by Trai das on October 18th, 2007

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=592 bgColor=#faf8e3 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=left width=591 background=/main/themes/nokoala/images/text_box_bg_up.jpg height=245>Update on Nirguna Prabhu – 19Oct

</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- start 'content' --><!-- begin content -->By Sankalpa Devi Dasi on Fri, 2007-10-19 04:56.

NIR%20FRont.jpg

Last two weeks of Nirguna Pr had been eventful and traumatic. He underwent a small surgery, in his abdomen. After two days he was back in Mayapur. My husband, Janmastami Das, made all arrangements for locating him in our ground floor flat, which is bigger than up stairs, and more devotees could fit in Nirguna Pr’s room for kirtan.

He seemed to “recover” from the surgery well, although his time for leaving this world is imminent. Janmastami Das and Rama Devi decided to request Bhaktivedanta Hospital in Mumbai to send a hospice Doctor for more intensive medical care that lies ahead for Nirguna Pr prior to his final day.

Dr. Avanish arrived last Wednesday on Oct10. Nirguna Pr is now supplied with 24 hour medication, since the pain in the paralyzed legs became unbearable. Nirguna Pr has stopped eating and drinks only caranamrata and small amounts of water from a spray bottle. He is eager to leave. Chanting 16 rounds every day, he preserves all his energy only for the holy name, talking very little. He says, he is not afraid of anything and is eager to be in a position where he can serve Lord Krishna with purified senses and a loving heart.

Nirguna%20pr%20distributing%20Books.jpg

According to Dr. Avanish based on the medical stand point, Nirguna Pr may continue for another 7-10 days. But we all understand that only the Lord knows his specific time for leaving. We are continuing with kirtans daily, specially, those lead by the enthusiastic gurukula boys and girls, awaiting the transcendental plan of the Lord to unfold for Nirguna Pr’s leaving for the transcendental abode.

N&JD.jpg

Nirguna Pr is fully conscious and his mind is focused on the Holy name.

Dear Vaisnavas, please pray for Nirguna Pr’s peaceful leaving, his mind fully fixed on the holy name.

N%20Guna.jpg

Jaya Srila Prabhupada

Jaya Sri Sri Radhamadhava

Jaya Sri Sri Panca Tattva

Jaya Sri Prahlad Nrsmhadeva

Ys. Samkalpa Dasi, MIHET, Mayapur

NIRGUNA PRABHU DEPARTS!!!

By Hari-sauri dasa

H. G. Nirguna Krsna prabhu, who has been residing in Sri Mayapur dham for the last six months with a terminal case of tumor, departed his mortal coil in the most auspicious and glorious manner at 1.21 PM November 3, 2007.

He was surrounded by loving devotees immersed in the Holy Names, and clutching Sri Giriraj Shila in his hand.

The cremation will take place on the banks of Mother Ganga within the hour.

All glories to Sriman Nirguna Krsna prabhu, whose life and soul was serving the lotus feet of his spiritual master Srila Prabhupada, and distributing his books. The sankirtan movement has lost the association of one of the stalwarts of book distribution and while we lament his absence, we rejoice in the glorious manner of his departure in full Krsna consciousness.

A fuller report will be issued in a few hours time.

Your humble servant, Hari-sauri dasa