IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Svarupa

Flax Seed Oil a must for aging devotees

Rate this topic

I had a blood test couple of months back and my good colestral was very low and my doctor suggested I take code liver oil but new I did not consume meat, fish or eggs. So he sggested flaxid oil. I just had another blood tests back today and not only is my good colestral back to normal but other liver functions have greatly improved. This is a must for all vegetarians- Krishna helps those who help themselves

What Is Flax Seed Oil

Flax seed is 1/3 oil, and the rest of it is made up of fiber, protein, and mucilage. Flax seed oil is a rich source of essential fatty acids - it contains alpha linolenic acid, omega 3 essential fatty acid, and omega 6 essential fatty acid, and flax seed oil contains these 3 EFA's in just the right proportions. Flax seeds are also a great source of lignans, vitamins, and minerals.

North Americans are usually lacking omega 3 EFA in their diet, and flax seed oil is an excellent supplement for this. The cells of the body need the omega 3 fatty acids from which they build their cell membranes, which protect them. The brain is largely composed of fats called phospholipids, which are made from essential fatty acids. Thus these oils are essential for the function and structure of the brain and improve cognition, memory, moods and concentration.

Flax Seed Oil - Essential Source Of Omega 3 EFA

Research has shown that majority of diets are deficient in Omega 3 essential fatty acids, and this can lead to some serious health problems:

• Coronary heart disease - Omega 3 helps reduce cholesterol, blood pressure, plaque formation, and cardian arrhythmia.
  • Arthritis - Studies have found that oils rich in Omega 3 (like flax seed oil) patients can reduce their drug use.
  • Cancer - Omega 3 has been found to kill certain cancer cells without harming normal cells.
  • Skin problems like acne, eczema, and psoriasis are shown partly to be related to Omega 3 deficiency.
  • Omega 3 EFA helps improve your response to stress.

Health Benefits of Flax Seed Oil

Flax seeds contain 12% mucilage, which makes it a gentle, natural laxative. Flax seeds are perfect for individuals who has a sensitive stomach.

• Flax seed oil acts as a buffer for excess stomach acids
  • Flax seed oil soothes ulcers and irritable bowel disorders
  • Flax seed oil lubricates and absorbs toxins
  • Prevents toxic build up in the bowel

<TABLE align=left><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>........ type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-8905689842653946";google_ad_width = 234;google_ad_height = 60;google_ad_format = "234x60_as";google_ad_type = "text";google_ad_channel ="";google_color_border = "FFFFFF";google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";google_color_link = "022EA2";google_color_text = "000000";google_color_url = "4C4C4C";//-->.........>........ src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript> .........></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Flax seed oil also contains lignans that have anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-cancer properties. Flax seeds have the richest source of lignans, 100 times more than the next best source, wheat bran. Flax seed also contains lecithin which emulsifies fat and cholesterol. These little seeds improve digestion, help stabilize blood glucose levels, fight tumor formation and enhance cardiovascular health.

The Components of Flax Seed Oil

We already mentioned above that flax seed oil is an excellent source of fiber, protein, lignans, vitamins and minerals, and essential fatty acids. Let's take a look at some of these.

Fiber - Flax seeds contain soluble and insoluble fiber, and also contains mucilage. The fiber in flax seed oil cleans the colon of toxic material, metabolic waste and dried mucus. Flax fiber is an excellent food for friendly bacteria in the intestine which keeps disease-causing organisms in check.

Protein - There's about 25g of protein for every 100g of flax seeds. The protein in flax seeds is easily digested and contains a complete amino acid profile that your body needs.

Lignans - Lignans have anti-cancer, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial properties, and Flax seed has 75 to 800 percent more lignans than other vegetables and grains. Researchers also believe lignans to have antioxidant properties.

Essential Fatty Acids - Flax seed oil is a rich source of 3 essential fatty acids: alpha linolenic acid, omega 3 essential fatty acid, and omega 6 essential fatty acid. (See above for some Omega 3 benefits.)

Flax seed is one of the best sources for the essential fatty acid alpha linolenic acid. Alpha linolenic acid is so important for bodybuilders because it "enhances insulin sensitivity within muscle cells." (1) This omega-3 fatty acid also has many other beneficial effects:

Thanks Svarupa. But is Flax Seed Oil as good as Sesame Oil? Indians have always relied heavily on Sesame oil for their good health. Is there a comparison anywhere between these two oils? My wife bought some Flax Seed oil some time back, but no one in the family wants to touch it. If it is as good as you say it is, I'm gonna try some. How do you take it? Just drink a spoon a day, or add some to your food everyday?:)

I also bought some flax seed oil, do not know how much to take. Unfortunately, it looks like this thread is from Nov 2007. Can anyone help? If not...can anyone is there is something auryvedic that can help reduce cholesterol? Thanks in advance. your servant,

Damodara Priya dd

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get more flaxseed oil, Damodara Priya. I used to take it and then stopped for some reason. I used to take 1 or 2 tablespoons a day, usually with cottage cheese or yoghurt. (The Budwig regimen recommends taking it this way, for added cancer-fighting properties.) I've heard that some people simply add a tablespoon in their salad. I would definitely not cook with it. It's supposed to be taken raw, in its natural, cold-pressed state.

I remember your posts from way back when. So very nice to see that you pursued Krsna Consciousness even further and decided to take initiation. Ki Jaya!

To consume it:

Grind 1-2 Teaspoons of the seeds into a powder and pour into a glass of water, stir and drink.

Could be the same like with spices. Whenever you buy ready grinded spices it is not sure that this is 100% what you want or if something is added.

Sesame seeds, flax seeds - guess it is better to buy the seeds and grind them yourself.

Those who are rigid family, they do not purchase these powdered spices. No. They bring whole spices and they smash it with mortar and pestle. That is very nice.

http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/730514SB.LA.htm

I thought she was asking about the oil, not the flax seeds. Double-checking here.... Yes! She was indeed asking about the flaxseed oil. At any rate, if you're going to use the seeds, they need to be soaked first for several hours to release the enzymes. Then it turns into a slimy mush, which means you can't grind them up at all. It's not so edible that way, (I know, I've tried it), so taking the oil is probably better, if you can afford it. Barleans is the brand I usually see at the health food stores where I shop.

To consume it:

Grind 1-2 Teaspoons of the seeds into a powder and pour into a glass of water, stir and drink.

n094l.jpg n094l.jpg n094l.jpg n094l.jpg

Flaxseed Oil - Organic

I take it in an oval capsule form, non-gelatine capsule of course. The brand here in Australia is ‘Natures Own’.

The fresh oil of flax seed is the richest source of edible Omega 3, far higher than sesame seeds. It has a rich, deep golden colour with a gentle, pleasant aroma and nutty taste. Nature's Own flaxseed oil is organic and cold pressed, which means that it is pure and minimally processed. Omega 3 oils are easily damaged by processing and degenerate quickly in the presence of oxygen.

All of our bottles are flushed with nitrogen to enhance the stability of the oil. The organic status means that this product is guaranteed free from pesticides and herbicides

More ideas to improve health and repair years of self abuse

This is for those with really high blood pressure, talk to your doctor about Tritace but some maybe allergic so check with your doctor because of side effects with some

Also those who have trouble with high cholesterol try LIPITOR

But always check with your doctor because it may affect your good cholesterol, memory and mussel tissue (these side effects I never experienced except for a small loss of mussel tissue) You have to weigh up the advantages against the disadvantages.

After years of abusing our biological bodies we may have to take some medication the ‘naturalists' may or would not agree with but believe me, they do work, modern scientific medicine is getting better all the time.

I was put on high doses of Lipitor and it is so powerful, it cleaned out of my veins all the build up of ghee from the late 9pm Maha Prasadam as well as those Brahmacari offerings (halva rich in butter) from the 1970s. However this drug can be dangerous very in the long term because of serious side effects like mussel wasting away, memory loss and numbness in the limbs

A more natural proguct is found here that I am turning to -

Divya Mukta Vati (for High Blood Pressure)

Divya Hridayamrita Vati (for Heart Disease)

Maybe some knows whether Swami Ramdeva sells Flaxseed oil in liguid or encloded capsules

Please post here if you do because I cannot find any information on the web or matchless gifts (the flag ship of this website Audarya Fellowship)

Suchandra prabhu is good at finding information on the web

I was put on high doses of Lipitor and it is so powerful, it cleaned out of my veins all the build up of ghee from the late 9pm Maha Prasadam as well as those Brahmacari offerings (halva rich in butter) from the 1970s. However this drug can be dangerous very in the long term because of serious side effects like mussel wasting away, memory loss and numbness in the limbs

A more natural proguct is found here that I am turning to -

Divya Mukta Vati (for High Blood Pressure)

Divya Hridayamrita Vati (for Heart Disease)

Maybe some knows whether Swami Ramdeva sells Flaxseed oil in liguid or encloded capsules

Please post here if you do because I cannot find any information on the web or matchless gifts (the flag ship of this website Audarya Fellowship)

Suchandra prabhu is good at finding information on the web

Flaxseed is something like oatmeal or sunflower oil. You can get this in every better grocery store. Didn't find it at Swami Ramdeva's store but if you click the contact button and send a message you'll surely get flaxseed oil liquid or encloded in gelatin-free capsules.