IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kiranasa

Krsna consciousness or guru consciousness?

Rate this topic

Since the beginning of Gaudia Math and Iskcon, all the devotees have preached and are preaching guru consciousness rather than Krsna consciousness, because they didn't and don't know what is the REAL Krsna consciousness, and they didn't and don't know because they were not "TAUGHT" properly.

Only one who has Apple, could give Apple!!!

Since the beginning of Gaudia Math and Iskcon, all the devotees have preached and are preaching guru consciousness rather than Krsna consciousness, because they didn't and don't know what is the REAL Krsna consciousness, and they didn't and don't know because they were not "TAUGHT" properly.

Actually, Vishvanatha Cakravrati Thakur is the one who wrote.

<center>Sri Sri Gurvastakam</center>

Srila Vishvanatha Chakravarti Thakura, who appeared in the middle of the seventeenth century, is a great spiritual master in the Krsna conscious chain of gurus and disciples. He says, "One who, with great care and alteration, loudly recites this beautiful prayer to the spiritual master during the Brahma-muhurta obtains direct service to Krsna, the Lord of Vrndavana, at the time of his death."

<table border="2" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff80" width="70%"> <center> samsara-davanala-lidha-loka-

tranaya karunya-ghanaghanatwam

praptasya kalyana-gunarnavasya

vande guroh sri-charanaravindam</center> The spiritual master is receiving benediction from the ocean of mercy. Just as a cloud pours water on a forest fire to extinguish it, so the spiritual master delivers the materially afflicted world by extinguishing the blazing fire of material existence. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master, who is an ocean of auspicious qualities.

</td> <td width="30%"> <center>WORD FOR WORD

samsara--(of) material existence; dava-anala--(by) the forest fire; lidha--afflicted; loka--the people; tranaya--to deliver; karunya--of mercy; ghanaghana-tvam--the quality of a cloud; praptasya--who has obtained; kalyana--auspicious; guna--(of) qualities; arnavasya--who is an ocean; vande--I offer obeisances; guroh--of my spiritual master; Sri--auspicious; carana-aravindam--unto the lotus feet.</center></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff80" width="70%"> <center>mahapraboh kirtana-nritya-gita-

vaditra-madyan-manaso rasena

romancha-kampashru-taranga-bhajo

vande guroh sri-charanaravindam</center> Chanting the holy name, dancing in ecstasy, singing, and playing musical instruments, the spiritual master is always gladdened by the sankirtana movement of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Because he is relishing the mellows of pure devotion within his mind, sometimes his hair stands on end, he feels quivering in his body, and tears flow from his eyes like waves. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

mahaprabhoh--of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu; kirtana--(by) chanting; nrtya--dancing; gita--singing; vaditra--playing musical instruments, madyat--gladdened; manasah--whose mind; rasena--due to the mellows of pure devotion; roma-anca-- standing of the hair; kampa--quivering of the body; asru- taranga--torrents of tears; bhajah--who feels; vande--I offer my obeisances; guroh--of my spiritual master; sri-carana-aravindam--unto the lotus feet.</center></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff80" width="70%"> <center>sri- vigraharadhana-nitya-nana

shringaira-tan-mandira-marjanadau

yuktasya bhaktamsh cha niyunjato pi

vande guroh sri-charanaravindam</center> The spiritual master is always engaged in the temple worship of Sri Sri Radha and Krsna. He also engages his disciples in such worship. They dress the Deities in beautiful clothes and ornaments, clean Their temple, and perform other similar worship of the Lord. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

sri-vigraha--(of) the arca-vigraha (Deities); aradhana--the worship; nitya--daily; nana--(with) various; srngara--clothing and ornaments; tat--of the Lord; mandira--(of) the temple, marjana-adau--in the cleaning, etc.; yuktasya--who is engaged; bhaktan-- his disciples; ca--and; niyunjatah--who engages; api--also; vande--I offer my obeisances; guroh--of my spiritual master, sri-carana-aravindam--unto the lotus feet.</center></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff80" width="70%"> <center>chatur-vidha-sri-bhagavat-prasada-

swadv-anna-triptan hari-bhakta-sanghan

kritwaiva triptim bhajatah sadaiva

vande guroh sri-charanaravindam</center> The spiritual master is always offering Krsna four kinds of delicious food [analyzed as that which is licked, chewed, drunk, and sucked]. When the spiritual master sees that the devotees are satisfied by eating bhagavat-prasada, he is satisfied. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

earth--four; vidha--kinds; Sri--holy; bhagavat-prasada--which have been offered to Krsna; svadu--palatable; anna--(by) foods; trptan--spiritually satisfied; hari--(of) Krsna; bhakta-sanghan-- the devotees; krtva---having made; eva--thus; trptim-- satisfaction; bhajatah--who feels; sada--always; eve--certainly; vande--I offer my obeisances; guroh--of my spiritual master, sri-carana-aravindam--unto the lotus feet.</center></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff80" width="70%"> <center>sri-radhika-madhavayor apara-

madhurya-lila-guna-rupa-namnam

prati-kshanaswadana-lolupasya

vande guroh sri-charanaravindam</center> The spiritual master is always eager to hear and chant about the unlimited conjugal pastimes of Radhika and Madhava, and Their qualities, names, and forms. The spiritual master aspires to relish these at every moment. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

sri-radhika--(of) Srimati Radharani; madhavayoh--of Lord Madhava (Krsna); apara--unlimited; madhurya--conjugal; lila-- pastimes; guna--qualities; rupa--forms, namnam--of the holy names; prati-ksana--at every moment; asvadana--relishing; lolupasya--who aspires after; vande--I offer obeisances; guroh--of my spiritual master; sri-carana-aravindam--unto the lotus feet.</center></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff80" width="70%"> <center>nikunja-yuno rati-keli-siddhyai

ya yalibhir yuktir apekshaniya

tatrati-dakshyad ati-vallabhasya

vande guroh sri-charanaravindam</center> The spiritual master is very dear, because he is expert in assisting the gopis, who at different times make different tasteful arrangements for the perfection of Radha and Krsna's conjugal loving affairs within the groves of Vrndavana. I offer my most humble obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

nikunja-yunah--of Radha and Krsna; rati-- (of) conjugal love; keli--(of) pastimes; siddhyai--for the perfection; ya ya-- whatever, alibhih--by the gopis; yuktih--arrangements; apeksanya--desirable; tatra--in that connection; ati-daksyat--because of being very expert; ati-vallabhasya--who is very dear; vande--I offer obeisances; guroh--of my spiritual master; sri-carana-aravindam--unto the lotus feet.</center></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff80" width="70%"> <center>sakshad-dharitvena samasta-shastrair

uktas tatha bhavyata eva sadbhihi

kintu prabhor yah priya eva tasya

vande guroh sri-charanaravindam</center> The spiritual master is to be honored as much as the Supreme Lord, because he is the most confidential servitor of the Lord. This is acknowledged in all revealed scriptures and followed by all authorities. Therefore I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master, who is a bonafide representative of Sri Hari [Krsna].

Saksat--directly; hari-tvena--with the quality of Hari; samasta-- all; sastraih--by scriptures; uktah--acknowledged, tatha--thus; bhavyate--is considered; eva--also; sadbhih--by great saintly persons; kintu--however; prabhoh--to the Lord; yah--who; priyah-- dear; eva--certainly; tasya--of him (the guru); vande--I offer obeisances; guroh--of my spiritual master; sri-carana-aravindam--unto the lotus feet.</center></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffff80" width="70%"> <center>yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasado

yasyaprasadan na gatih kuto 'pi

dhyayan stuvams tasya yashas trisandhyam

vande guroh sri-charanaravindam</center> By the mercy of the spiritual master one receives the benediction of Krsna. Without the grace of the spiritual master, one cannot make any advancement. Therefore, I should always remember and praise the spiritual master. At least three times a day I should offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of my spiritual master.

yasya--of whom (the spiritual master); prasadat--by the grace; bhagavat--(of) Krsna; prasadah--the mercy; yasya--of whom; aprasadat--without the grace; na--not; gatih--means of advancement ; kutah api--from anywhere; dhyayan--meditating upon; stuvan--praising; tasya--of him (the spiritual master); yasah--the glory; tri-sandhyam--three times a day (sunrise, noon, and sunset); vande--I offer obeisances; guroh--of my spiritual master; sri-carana-aravindam--unto the lotus feet.</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

So maybe you should blame it on him and not Gaudiya Math and ISKCON?

Maybe you should blame Narottama das Thakur?

Prabhupada%20Sitting.jpg

~ Sri Guru-Vandana ~

sri-guru-carana-padma, kevala-bhakati-sadma bando mui savadhana mate, jahara prasade bhai, e bhava toriya jai, krsna prapti hoy jaha ha' te

guru-muka-padma-vakya, cittete koriya aikya, ar na koriho mane asa, sri-guru-carane rati, ei se uttama-gati, je prasade pure sarva asa

cakhu-dan dilo jei, janme janme prabhu sei, divya-jnan hrde prokasito, prema-bhakt jaha hoite, avidya vinasa jaite, vede gaya jahara carito

sri-guru karuna-sindhu, adhama janara bandhu, lokanatha lokera jivana, ha ha prabhu koro doya, deho more pada-chaya, ebe jas ghusuk tribhuvana

~

- Translation -

The lotus feet of our Spiritual Master are the only way by which we can attain pure devotional service. I bow to his lotus feet with great awe and reverence. By his grace one can cross the ocean of material suffering and obtain the mercy of Krishna.

My only wish is to have my consciousness purified by the words emanating from his lotus mouth. Attachment to his lotus feet is the perfection that fulfills all desires.

He opens my darkened eyes and fills my heart with transcendental knowledge. He is my Lord birth after birth. From him ecstatic prema emanates; by him ignorance is destroyed. The Vedic scriptures sing of his character.

Our Spiritual Master is the ocean of mercy, the friend of the poor, and the lord and master of the devotees. O master! Be merciful unto me. Give me the shade of your lotus feet. Your fame is spread all over the three worlds.

Without Guru Consciousness there is no Krsna Consciousness.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself!!!:eek:

TEXT 44

yadyapi amara guru----caitanyera dasa

tathapi janiye ami tanhara prakasa

SYNONYMS

yadyapi--even though; amara--my; guru--spiritual master; caitanyera--of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu; dasa--the servitor; tathapi--still; janiye--know; ami--I; tanhara--of the Lord; prakasa--direct manifestation.

TRANSLATION

Although I know that my spiritual master is a servitor of Sri Caitanya, I know Him also as a plenary manifestation of the Lord.

PURPORT

Every living entity is essentially a servant of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and the spiritual master is also His servant. Still, the spiritual master is a direct manifestation of the Lord. With this conviction, a disciple can advance in Krsna consciousness. The spiritual master is nondifferent from Krsna because he is a manifestation of Krsna.

Lord Nityananda, who is Balarama Himself, the first direct manifestation or expansion of Krsna, is the original spiritual master. He helps Lord Krsna in His pastimes, and He is a servant of the Lord.

Every living entity is eternally a servant of Sri Krsna Caitanya; therefore the spiritual master cannot be other than a servant of Lord Caitanya. The spiritual master's eternal occupation is to expand the service of the Lord by training disciples in a service attitude. A spiritual master never poses as the Supreme Lord Himself; he is considered a representative of the Lord. The revealed scriptures prohibit one's pretending to be God, but a bona fide spiritual master is a most faithful and confidential servant of the Lord and therefore deserves as much respect as Krsna.

TEXT 45

guru krsna-rupa hana sastrera pramane

guru-rupe krsna krpa karena bhakta-gane

SYNONYMS

guru--the spiritual master; krsna-rupa--as good as Krsna; hana--is; sastrera--of revealed scriptures; pramane--by the evidence; guru-rupe--in the form of the spiritual master; krsna--Lord Sri Krsna; krpa--mercy; karena--distributes; bhakta-gane--unto His devotees.

TRANSLATION

According to the deliberate opinion of all revealed scriptures, the spiritual master is nondifferent from Krsna. Lord Krsna in the form of the spiritual master delivers His devotees.

PURPORT

The relationship of a disciple with his spiritual master is as good as his relationship with the Supreme Lord. A spiritual master always represents himself as the humblest servitor of the Personality of Godhead, but the disciple must look upon him as the manifested representation of Godhead.

TEXT 46

acaryam mam vijaniyan

navamanyeta karhicit

na martya-buddhyasuyeta

sarva-deva-mayo guruh

SYNONYMS

acaryam--the spiritual master; mam--Myself; vijaniyat--one should know; na avamanyeta--one should never disrespect; karhicit--at any time; na--never; martya-buddhya--with the idea of his being an ordinary man; asuyeta--one should be envious; sarva-deva--of all demigods; mayah--representative; guruh--the spiritual master.

TRANSLATION

"One should know the acarya as Myself and never disrespect him in any way. One should not envy him, thinking him an ordinary man, for he is the representative of all the demigods."

PURPORT

This is a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.17.27) spoken by Lord Krsna when He was questioned by Uddhava regarding the four social and spiritual orders of society. He was specifically instructing how a brahmacari should behave under the care of a spiritual master. A spiritual master is not an enjoyer of facilities offered by his disciples. He is like a parent. Without the attentive service of his parents, a child cannot grow to manhood; similarly, without the care of the spiritual master one cannot rise to the plane of transcendental service.

The spiritual master is also called acarya, or a transcendental professor of spiritual science. The Manu-samhita (2.140) explains the duties of an acarya, describing that a bona fide spiritual master accepts charge of disciples, teaches them the Vedic knowledge with all its intricacies, and gives them their second birth. The ceremony performed to initiate a disciple into the study of spiritual science is called upaniti, or the function that brings one nearer to the spiritual master. One who cannot be brought nearer to a spiritual master cannot have a sacred thread, and thus he is indicated to be a sudra. The sacred thread on the body of a brahmana, ksatriya or vaisya is a symbol of initiation by the spiritual master; it is worth nothing if worn merely to boast of high parentage. The duty of the spiritual master is to initiate a disciple with the sacred thread ceremony, and after this samskara, or purificatory process, the spiritual master actually begins to teach the disciple about the Vedas. A person born a sudra is not barred from such spiritual initiation, provided he is approved by the spiritual master, who is duly authorized to award a disciple the right to be a brahmana if he finds him perfectly qualified. In the Vayu Purana an acarya is defined as one who knows the import of all Vedic literature, explains the purpose of the Vedas, abides by their rules and regulations, and teaches his disciples to act in the same way.

Only out of His immense compassion does the Personality of Godhead reveal Himself as the spiritual master. Therefore in the dealings of an acarya there are no activities but those of transcendental loving service to the Lord. He is the Supreme Personality of Servitor Godhead. It is worthwhile to take shelter of such a steady devotee, who is called asraya-vigraha, or the manifestation or form of the Lord of whom one must take shelter.

If one poses himself as an acarya but does not have an attitude of servitorship to the Lord, he must be considered an offender, and this offensive attitude disqualifies him from being an acarya. The bona fide spiritual master always engages in unalloyed devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. By this test he is known to be a direct manifestation of the Lord and a genuine representative of Sri Nityananda Prabhu. Such a spiritual master is known as acaryadeva. Influenced by an envious temperament and dissatisfied because of an attitude of sense gratification, mundaners criticize a real acarya. In fact, however, a bona fide acarya is nondifferent from the Personality of Godhead, and therefore to envy such an acarya is to envy the Personality of Godhead Himself. This will produce an effect subversive of transcendental realization.

As mentioned previously, a disciple should always respect the spiritual master as a manifestation of Sri Krsna, but at the same time one should always remember that a spiritual master is never authorized to imitate the transcendental pastimes of the Lord. False spiritual masters pose themselves as identical with Sri Krsna in every respect to exploit the sentiments of their disciples, but such impersonalists can only mislead their disciples, for their ultimate aim is to become one with the Lord. This is against the principles of the devotional cult.

The real Vedic philosophy is acintya-bhedabheda-tattva, which establishes everything to be simultaneously one with and different from the Personality of Godhead. Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami confirms that this is the real position of a bona fide spiritual master and says that one should always think of the spiritual master in terms of his intimate relationship with Mukunda (Sri Krsna). Srila Jiva Gosvami, in his Bhakti-sandarbha (213), has clearly defined that a pure devotee's observation of the spiritual master and Lord Siva as one with the Personality of Godhead exists in terms of their being very dear to the Lord, not identical with Him in all respects. Following in the footsteps of Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and Srila Jiva Gosvami, later acaryas like Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura have confirmed the same truths. In his prayers to the spiritual master, Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura confirms that all the revealed scriptures accept the spiritual master to be identical with the Personality of Godhead because he is a very dear and confidential servant of the Lord. Gaudiya Vaisnavas therefore worship Srila Gurudeva (the spiritual master) in the light of his being the servitor of the Personality of Godhead. In all the ancient scriptures of devotional service and in the more recent songs of Srila Narottama dasa Thakura, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura and other unalloyed Vaisnavas, the spiritual master is always considered either one of the confidential associates of Srimati Radharani or a manifested representation of Srila Nityananda Prabhu.

TEXT 47

siksa-guruke ta' jani krsnera svarupa

antaryami, bhakta-srestha,----ei dui rupa

SYNONYMS

siksa-guruke--the spiritual master who instructs; ta'--indeed; jani--I know; krsnera--of Krsna; sva-rupa--the direct representative; antaryami--the indwelling Supersoul; bhakta-srestha--the best devotee; ei--these; dui--two; rupa--forms.

TRANSLATION

One should know the instructing spiritual master to be the Personality of Krsna. Lord Krsna manifests Himself as the Supersoul and as the greatest devotee of the Lord.

PURPORT

Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami states that the instructing spiritual master is a bona fide representative of Sri Krsna. Sri Krsna Himself teaches us as the instructing spiritual master from within and without. From within He teaches as Paramatma, our constant companion, and from without He teaches from the Bhagavad-gita as the instructing spiritual master. There are two kinds of instructing spiritual masters. One is the liberated person fully absorbed in meditation in devotional service, and the other is he who invokes the disciple's spiritual consciousness by means of relevant instructions. Thus the instructions in the science of devotion are differentiated in terms of the objective and subjective ways of understanding. The acarya in the true sense of the term, who is authorized to deliver Krsna, enriches the disciple with full spiritual knowledge and thus awakens him to the activities of devotional service.

When by learning from the self-realized spiritual master one actually engages himself in the service of Lord Visnu, functional devotional service begins. The procedures of this devotional service are known as abhidheya, or actions one is dutybound to perform. Our only shelter is the Supreme Lord, and one who teaches how to approach Krsna is the functioning form of the Personality of Godhead. There is no difference between the shelter-giving Supreme Lord and the initiating and instructing spiritual masters. If one foolishly discriminates between them, he commits an offense in the discharge of devotional service.

Srila Sanatana Gosvami is the ideal spiritual master, for he delivers one the shelter of the lotus feet of Madana-mohana. Even though one may be unable to travel on the field of Vrndavana due to forgetfulness of his relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he can get an adequate opportunity to stay in Vrndavana and derive all spiritual benefits by the mercy of Sanatana Gosvami. Sri Govindaji acts exactly like the siksa-guru (instructing spiritual master) by teaching Arjuna the Bhagavad-gita. He is the original preceptor, for He gives us instructions and an opportunity to serve Him. The initiating spiritual master is a personal manifestation of Srila Madana-mohana vigraha, whereas the instructing spiritual master is a personal representative of Srila Govindadeva vigraha. Both of these Deities are worshiped at Vrndavana. Srila Gopinatha is the ultimate attraction in spiritual realization.

<CENTER>saksad-dharitvena samasta-sastrair

uktas tatha bhavyata eva sadbhih

kintu prabhor yah priya eva tasya

vande guroh sri caranaravindam</CENTER>

In the revealed scriptures it is declared that the spiritual master should be worshiped like the Supreme Personality of Godhead and this injunction is obeyed by pure devotees of the Lord. The spiritual master is the most confidential servant of the Lord. Thus let us offer our respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of our spiritual master .

Gentlemen, on behalf of the members of the Bombay branch of the Gaudiya Math, let me welcome you all because you have so kindly joined us tonight in our congregational offerings of homage to the lotus feet of the world teacher, acaryadeva, who is the founder of this Gaudiya Mission and is the President-acarya of Sri Sri Visva Vaisnava Raja Sabha-I mean my eternal divine master, Om Visnupada Paramaharnsa Parivrajakacarya, Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami Maharaja.

Sixty-two years ago, on this auspicious day, the acaryadevadot_clear.gif made his appearance by the call of Thakura Bhaktivinoda at Sri Ksetra,dot_clear.gif Jagannatha Dhama at Puri.

Gentlemen, the offering of such an homage as has been arranged this evening to the acaryadevadot_clear.gif is not a sectarian concern, for when we speak of the fundamental principle of gurudevadot_clear.gif or acaryadeva,dot_clear.gifwe speak of something that is of universal application. There does not arise any question of discrirninating my guru from yours or anyone else's.

There is only one guru, who appears in an infinity of forms to teach you, me and all others.:eek3::pray:

In the Mundaka Upanisad (1.2.12) it is said:

tad-vijnartham sa gurum evabhigacchet samit-panih srotriyam brahma-nistham

"In order to learn the transcendental science, one must approach the bona fide spiritual master in disciplic succession, who is fixed in the Absolute Tmth.''

Thus it has been enjoined herewith that in order to receive that transcendental knowledge, one must approach the guru. Therefore, if the Absolute Truth is one, about which we think there is no difference of opinion, the guru cannot be two. The acaryadevadot_clear.gif to whom we have assembled tonight to offer our humble homage is not the guru of a sectarian institution or one out of many differing exponents of the truth:deal: . On the contrary, he is the jagad-guru,dot_clear.gif or the guru of all of us, the only difference is that some obey him wholeheartedly, while others do not obey him directly.