IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Meaning of Marma-Hatam?

Rate this topic

Since the path of Bhakti includes the understanding of always acting under superior authority, becoming a devotee of present Vaishnavism surely implies to perfectly master the obstacle of being mislead by "superior authority" without diverting from your vow of strictly following the path of Sri Gaudiya-Vaishnavism as inaugurated by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Quite some might have found themselves in a state of being broken-hearted due human error of their leaders within a spiritual society.

Now, Lord Caitanya says in His Sri Siksastaka,

I know no one but Krishna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly by His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord, unconditionally.

Srila Prabhupada, commeting on marma-hatam, brokenhearted:

"And You make me brokenhearted by not being present before Me. Because lover wants to see his lovable object. But if the lovable object does not come he becomes brokenhearted. So Lord Caitanya says, “I am trying to see You, but You do not come. That’s all right. I am brokenhearted, but still, I shall continue to love You. I cannot detract Myself from this love.” This is pure love. This is pure love. So Krishna says, ye tu bhajanti mām bhaktyā. One who is, I mean to say, entrapped in such love affairs with God, don’t think that God is forgotten. God is also thinking in that way. Although you do not see, but you see. Those who are advanced in spiritual consciousness, Krishna consciousness, they always see Krishna, always see Krishna.

Similarly, as the devotee sees always Krishna, similarly Krishna also always sees that devotee. This is reciprocation. Although He is neutral… He says, “I am neutral, but still, I cannot deviate Myself from My devotee. He is always thinking of Me.” This is His admission.

In sum, Prabhupada is saying, "although you do not see, but you see". Any suggestions?

Bhagavad-gita 9.27-29

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

New York, December 19, 1966

full lecture:

http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/661219BG.NY.htm?i=1966