IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
govindrajaa

What is so great about Krishna

Rate this topic

i'm sorry to tell u but this is a misconception that Sai bäbä is ShreeKrshna Bhagavän.

We may be Brahma but under mäyä, our consciousness is perverted.

ShreeKrshna is not just Brahma, HE is ParaBrahma, transcendental to even Brahma, our selfishness always tricks us to thinking that we could be God. God never feels hunger, thirst, desires, dreams, etc., and we know how good we are at all those...

Shreel Prabhupädajee often defied such bogus claims by saying that whosoever claims to be the Bhagavän must pass at least two tests...

>first to show the Vishva Rüpa, the one ShreeKrshna showed to ShreeArjuna (HE also empowered his eyes to be able to see HIS divine Viräta Svarüpa) and ShreeChaitanya Mahäprabhujee showed it to ShreeAdvaita Ächäryajee

>and second, to show all the divine marks in the soles of HIS LotusFeet and palms of His LotusHands.

the pure Vaishnavas dont accept anyone as ShreeKrshna's avatars unless they're clearly revealed in the Vedas.

i'm sorry, but u are offending Vaishnavas by calling Sai baba, Bhagavän ShreeKrshna.

pls. dont do that.

And you are offending the devotees of Shirdi Sai Baba (who in case you didn't know is different from this con-artist Sathya Sai Baba) by denouncing him. If not God, Shirdi Sai Baba was trully a saint of the highest level.

yogees are from just another cast of athiesm, they're non-devotees, as they dont accept the innocent service to the Supreme and take to rebellious way to find eight psychic amusemnts to please gullible and greedy crowd.
Now you've crossed the line! Certainly, there are many yogis who are fakes and are just looking for money and fame, but many have spent years upon years of sevre penance and practice, in an attempt to understand God, and the self. You are the one clammering about not offending devotees, but you're offending a class of devotees, who are far above you and I, in terms of spiritual practice.

Need a translation, Radhe. I would be interested to hear your thoughts about Sai Baba.
I only know basic French, but I think she said something along the lines of "Yes, that's true. I like Shiridi Sai Baba, but not Sathya Sai Baba".

I only know basic French, but I think she said something along the lines of "Yes, that's true. I like Shiridi Sai Baba, but not Sathya Sai Baba".

That's exactly what I said :) How do you feel about Shridi Sai Baba, Indulekha Ji and Baobabtree? From what I know of his teachings (which is admittedly very little), I like him.

I am totally new to these message boards, and admittedly, I probably don't know nearly as much as you all do about the deities....But I see something really very wrong with comparing deities. As I understand it, one cannot be better than the other.....For they all exist, together, for a reason...Am I wrong?? I believe I have a particular spiritual connection to Lord Krishna...Which is why I am here, and why I signed-up. I wasn't born into Hinduism, although my ancestors were hindus. I was never taught anything about any of the deities, and I never had a reason to have any interest in Krishna, yet I was always drawn to him, and sought knowledge in the Gita/Mahabarata. Had I felt that way about Rama or Shiva, I would have probably gone out of my way to learn about them. But Krishna always drew me in. I don't know...For me it's not a question of who's "better" or more "powerful" but to whom you feel most connected to......Or perhaps I'm just crazy :) One thing's for sure though...I see endless reasons to love Lord Krishna.

I am totally new to these message boards, and admittedly, I probably don't know nearly as much as you all do about the deities....But I see something really very wrong with comparing deities. As I understand it, one cannot be better than the other.....For they all exist, together, for a reason...Am I wrong?? I believe I have a particular spiritual connection to Lord Krishna...Which is why I am here, and why I signed-up. I wasn't born into Hinduism, although my ancestors were hindus. I was never taught anything about any of the deities, and I never had a reason to have any interest in Krishna, yet I was always drawn to him, and sought knowledge in the Gita/Mahabarata. Had I felt that way about Rama or Shiva, I would have probably gone out of my way to learn about them. But Krishna always drew me in. I don't know...For me it's not a question of who's "better" or more "powerful" but to whom you feel most connected to......Or perhaps I'm just crazy :) One thing's for sure though...I see endless reasons to love Lord Krishna.

I agree. We should just love God, whatever we choose to call Him. I am more drawn to Radharani. She is Lord Krishna's Hladini Shakti after all. :)

Ah-oui! Un Francophone! :) Je parle un petit peut de Francais de temps en temps.

Oui, je viens d'un pays Francophone et pareille comme toi, Je parle un petit peut de Francais de temps en temps.

Mais, la communication doit etre fait en Anglais, sinon les autres vont rien comprendre:confused:

Oui, je viens d'un pays Francophone et pareille comme toi, Je parle un petit peut de Francais de temps en temps.

Mais, la communication doit etre fait en Anglais, sinon les autres vont rien comprendre:confused:

Oui, c'est un forum en anglais, pas en francais. Avoir la francais, et... hello English!

Hi

Krishna is the Greatest Personality of God head one cannot describe in words the greatness of Shri Krishna.As Shri Krishna told in Bhagvath Gita that "I know everyone every person from the past present & also those who r not born yet but no one knows me"

Jai Hari Govind !!!!!!

Glories to Parabrahman and Ganesh!

Lord Krishna Speaks on Knowledge

10 Things You Need to Know About Knowledge

http://hinduism.about.com/od/lordkrishna/a/knowledge.htm

By Subhamoy Das, About.com

<q>krishna.jpg</q>

<!--gc--> Lord Krishna was indeed the great guru of how to live life on earth. Like all great men, his life was dedicated to helping man fathom the sacred realm of supreme knowledge. Krishna is the embodiment of his own teachings, and the Bhagavad Gita is his greatest message and mission to deliver us the knowledge that we all strive to seek. "In the Gita we hear the distant sound of the conflict of sects, and Lord Krishna comes in the middle to harmonize them all; He, the great teacher of harmony, Lord Krishna," said Swami Vivekananda, "The glory of Sri Krishna is that He has been the best preacher of our eternal religion and the best commentator on the Vedanta that ever lived in India." As Krishna himself said: "In Me they are all strung like pearls upon a thread."

The Path of Knowledge: FAQ

You may have myriad question about knowledge. The Gita has answers to them all. Here are top ten questions you may have, all answered by the Lord Himself:

What is knowledge?

"Humility, unostentatiousness, harmlessness, forbearance, uprightness, service to guru, purity, steadiness and self-control — all this is called knowledge."

What is so great about knowledge?

"Verily, there exists no purifier on earth, equal to knowledge. A man who becomes perfect in yoga finds it within himself in course of time."

Why should we strive to seek knowledge?

"Seek not for life on earth or in heaven. Thirst for life is delusion. Knowing life to be transitory, wake up from this dream of ignorance and strive to attain knowledge and freedom before death claims you."

What are the virtues of a person of knowledge?

"Dispassion for sense-objects, absence of egotism, seeing misery and evil in birth, death, old age and disease — all these are the virtues of a man of knowledge."

Who can attain the knowledge of God?

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for to them is given the knowledge of God… Blessed is human birth; even the dwellers in heaven desire this birth; for true knowledge and pure love may be attained only by a human being."

How can we acquire his knowledge?

"Acquire that knowledge through inquiry and humble service..."

How do we reach the realm of knowledge?

"Fixing their minds on Him, at one with Him, abiding in Him, realizing Him alone as the supreme goal, they reach a state from which there is no return, their sins having been destroyed by knowledge…"

Who can give us this knowledge?

"The wise who are knowers of the Truth will instruct you in wisdom."

What happens to the ignorant and faithless?

"But the man goes to ruin, who is ignorant and without faith and always doubting. Not this world, nor happiness is for the doubting soul."

How can you help us destroy ignorance?

"Just to bless them, I, residing in their intellect, destroy the darkness born of ignorance by the resplendent light of knowledge."

"....Krsno ha vai Hari paramo devaha."..Ved.

"Ishvara paramah krsna....

Anaadir aadir Govinda sarva karana kaaranam."... Bhrama samhita.

"Jeevera swarupa hoi krishnera nitya dasa."...Sri Caitanya mahaprabhu.

So,Krsna is the last word in absolute truth.

"Kimbru matwam yashode....

Tat purna bhramn bhumau biluthati krod: marao dhukamam."

-Narada says to mother yashoda.

translation-"Yashode! look how Parabhramn is crying to go in your arms."

So yes,Lord Krsna is the Supreme personality of Godhead.He is Bhramn{Ananda-Bhramn-Yonih}

He is Ananda itself.And jeeva vishisht bhramn[i.e. us,jeevas] are the ansh[eternal atomic particles of ananda/bhramn ].Just like a candle flame points upwrds towards it's origin,the sun,So also,the jeeva is searching for Ananda/Bhramn.And that is Sri saccidananda kanda,Sri Krsna.Even Shambhu,vidhi,Hari are restless for His Darshan and as soon as they get it,they fall on the ground,struck with infinite,indescribable,spiritual happiness,for He is Govinda,The entity who gives happiness/ananda to all the senses[go] in the spiritual as well as material universes.

Today,they are showing this yogi and that yogi,bhasma yogi,fire yogi, on the main page.Go and ask that yogi,Is he happy eternally.

He will answer no.

Why?

Becoz he hasnt attained ramanand,shyamanand.Sanat kumara says a beautiful verse in this regard.Who is he? The ultimate authority on Bhramanand.Forgive my inability to recall the verse.My memory is pathetic.

You're totally correct. What is there to revere in a cheater, drinker and womaniser? At least Shiva adheres to a semblance of asceticism, even though he is clearly very sex-driven too. As for Rama, well, Valmiki makes it clear that he ate venison whilst it the forest. Aside from this, anyone with a half-a-brain can infer that he regularly hunted from the simple fact that he pursued the so-called golden deer. Running after animals was in all evidence not an unfamiliar act to him. I don't have a problem with this, given that humans are naturally omnivorous and can and should consume non-vegetarian food for their wellbeing and health. But those who claim to be his followers probably would take strong exception to this.

I do too agree. People speaking of raas-lila of Krishna, Krishna killed Karna by cheating etc... everything done by "God" cannot be justified. You cannot say that, look he did a lot of good things and escape the discussions on bad things.

I cannot say much about Lord Shiva as I know his as very ascetic personality.

I am not able to understand what is so great about krishna, I go to all temples and I dont have any preference

There are so many Gods, like Rama, Ganesh, Siva, etc and each one has their own family God (ie who worship a particular god right from the begining of their family origin), that being the case why there is so much Emphasis on Krishan alone. is it because of Gita or something else,some one please clarify...

I do too agree. People speaking of raas-lila of Krishna, Krishna killed Karna by cheating etc... everything done by "God" cannot be justified. You cannot say that, look he did a lot of good things and escape the discussions on bad things.

I cannot say much about Lord Shiva as I know his as very ascetic personality.

One way to understanding Krishna's Lila is to develop and place, above all, one's awareness of God's divinity. The perspective of the Raas-lila from one point is that Krishna was a womanizer who enjoyed the wives of others, and from another is that Krishna accommodated the wishes of souls to completely give themselves to Him at the risk of all sorts of derogation to both Krishna and themselves. The latter bears in mind the history of the Gopi's wishes, which date back to Rama's Lila. And this is what has been heralded as the Greatness of Krishna, His reciprocation with the love of His Bhaktas in the face of all derogation. Rama sent Sita to the forest, Krishna met the Gopis in the forest. Thus the Krishna avatar is special in that, for His Bhaktas/Bhaktins, He will break His own rules.

One way to understanding Krishna's Lila is to develop and place, above all, one's awareness of God's divinity. The perspective of the Raas-lila from one point is that Krishna was a womanizer who enjoyed the wives of others, and from another is that Krishna accommodated the wishes of souls to completely give themselves to Him at the risk of all sorts of derogation to both Krishna and themselves. The latter bears in mind the history of the Gopi's wishes, which date back to Rama's Lila. And this is what has been heralded as the Greatness of Krishna, His reciprocation with the love of His Bhaktas in the face of all derogation. Rama sent Sita to the forest, Krishna met the Gopis in the forest. Thus the Krishna avatar is special in that, for His Bhaktas/Bhaktins, He will break His own rules.

Beautifully spoken, Narasingh.