IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Love Against Terrorism

Rate this topic

Just a movie trailer here, but...

"Iraq for Sale" includes interviews with truckers who were being paid to drive empty trucks from point A to point B in Iraq so that Haliburton can profit further.

"World War III--Let it be"

But let's not kid ourselves about it being a "just" war. It's all about the marriage of cats and dogs (and unconscionable war-profiteering).

Just a movie trailer here, but...

"Iraq for Sale" includes interviews with truckers who were being paid to drive empty trucks from point A to point B in Iraq so that Haliburton can profit further.

That doesn't change that the invasion of Iraq was prudent and justified.

Sooner or later the profiteers in Iraq will be exposed and punished.

I think so.

Right now we are in the heat of battle and sorting out those issues is not the real problem.

The US is already thinking that maybe the democracy won't work there and they are looking for a strong leader even if he is a strongarm like Pervez Musharaf in Pakistan.

I predict that eventually that will be the only solution that allows the US to get out of Iraq.

Just keep watching.

You will see it happen.

The democratic goverment in Iraq is helpless.

Most likely there will be a military leader given charge of the country.

Sort of like a nicer-and-gentler version of Saddam Hussein.:D

You very well may be right.

The "terrorists" (Bush included) are parts and parcels of God. The goal of human life is to attain Krishna Prem (love of God). Therefore, our goal is to love the terrorists (as we love ourselves).

At the end of the day, just how much faith in the Lord do we have, and how much of what we say is just paying lip service to some cool ideas?

Folks are needlessly suffering over in Iraq (just as folks are needlessly suffering here *(wherever* "here" is)). My Grandpa shot and killed himself this morning.

Just how much faith do we have?

Isn't "terrorist" yet another false designation for eternal sparks of Divinity?

That doesn't change that the invasion of Iraq was prudent and justified.

Sooner or later the profiteers in Iraq will be exposed and punished.

I think so.

Right now we are in the heat of battle and sorting out those issues is not the real problem.

The US is already thinking that maybe the democracy won't work there and they are looking for a strong leader even if he is a strongarm like Pervez Musharaf in Pakistan.

I predict that eventually that will be the only solution that allows the US to get out of Iraq.

Just keep watching.

You will see it happen.

The democratic goverment in Iraq is helpless.

Most likely there will be a military leader given charge of the country.

Sort of like a nicer-and-gentler version of Saddam Hussein.:D

You very well may be right.

The "terrorists" (Bush included) are parts and parcels of God. The goal of human life is to attain Krishna Prem (love of God). Therefore, our goal is to love the terrorists (as we love ourselves).

At the end of the day, just how much faith in the Lord do we have, and how much of what we say is just paying lip service to some cool ideas?

We are talking politics now.

I can't imagine bringing the subject of Krishna-prema into the mix.

My politics and my faith are on two different levels.

I don't mix the two.

I am talking about the relative situation of world politics.

Bush is in power because God wanted him to be.

If you believe that not a blade of grass moves without the will of God then you have to accept that Bush is president because God wanted him to be.

Now, stop making me mix religion and politics!

It's a bad mix.:smash:

My struggle here is not against Bush or anybody else. What I cannot stomach is the misrepresentation of the "War on Terror", when it is a "War *of* Terror". That is to say, the war is all about speading the terror around.

It *is* all good (as you tease me for saying). The Lord could stop all of this in the blink of an eye.

I'm not quarelling with the war--it is here and it is what it is. I'm quarelling with the notion that these actions are somehow justified (in a material, moral sense).

Anyways, as always, it's been nice chatting. I'll be off-line for about a week. Keep the faith!!

We are talking politics now.

I can't imagine bringing the subject of Krishna-prema into the mix.

My politics and my faith are on two different levels.

I don't mix the two.

I am talking about the relative situation of world politics.

Bush is in power because God wanted him to be.

If you believe that not a blade of grass moves without the will of God then you have to accept that Bush is president because God wanted him to be.

Now, stop making me mix religion and politics!

It's a bad mix.:smash:

Anyways, as always, it's been nice chatting. I'll be off-line for about a week. Keep the faith!!

One last thought before I go:

http://vedabase.net/bg/5/18/

TRANSLATION

The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brāhmaṇa, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater [outcaste].

PURPORT

A Kṛṣṇa conscious person does not make any distinction between species or castes. The brāhmaṇa and the outcaste may be different from the social point of view, or a dog, a cow, and an elephant may be different from the point of view of species, but these differences of body are meaningless from the viewpoint of a learned transcendentalist. This is due to their relationship to the Supreme, for the Supreme Lord, by His plenary portion as Paramātmā, is present in everyone's heart. Such an understanding of the Supreme is real knowledge. As far as the bodies are concerned in different castes or different species of life, the Lord is equally kind to everyone because He treats every living being as a friend yet maintains Himself as Paramātmā regardless of the circumstances of the living entities. The Lord as Paramātmā is present both in the outcaste and in the brāhmaṇa, although the body of a brāhmaṇa and that of an outcaste are not the same. The bodies are material productions of different modes of material nature, but the soul and the Supersoul within the body are of the same spiritual quality. The similarity in the quality of the soul and the Supersoul, however, does not make them equal in quantity, for the individual soul is present only in that particular body whereas the Paramātmā is present in each and every body. A Kṛṣṇa conscious person has full knowledge of this, and therefore he is truly learned and has equal vision. The similar characteristics of the soul and Supersoul are that they are both conscious, eternal and blissful. But the difference is that the individual soul is conscious within the limited jurisdiction of the body whereas the Supersoul is conscious of all bodies. The Supersoul is present in all bodies without distinction.