IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Uddhava Gita!!!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

One of my gurus was a caterpillar. He was walking around the top edge of a steel pot on my porch. An hour later he was still walking around, not realizing that it would never end, going in circles forever. I tried to use a piece of carpet to lift him off, but each time when I would lift, he would again fall back down because so many of his hind legs were still clasping the pot. I realized that it was me, and even though Krsna had freed my front legs and lifted me up, I still fell back because part of me was still clinging to this world and the attachment of family and fun.

I did eventually manage to save the caterpillar. Perhaps one day I too will become a butterfly and fly free.

I still fell back because part of me was still clinging to this world and the attachment of family and fun.

Family and fun?

What universe do you live in?

Being a single father for the last 10 years has destroyed all my illusions about "family and fun".

"fun"..... what a novel idea!

too bad there is no such thing in the material concept of life.

Hey! Wrestling with the kids is pretty fun--at least until one cracks their head open on the corner of a table!

Family and fun?

What universe do you live in?

Being a single father for the last 10 years has destroyed all my illusions about "family and fun".

"fun"..... what a novel idea!

too bad there is no such thing in the material concept of life.

Hey! Wrestling with the kids is pretty fun--at least until one cracks their head open on the corner of a table!

Oh so your avatar is a picture of one of your kids. ;)

Attachment to family and friends is certainly an attachment we must let go of in a Krsna conscious way of course.

Oh so your avatar is a picture of one of your kids. ;)

Attachment to family and friends is certainly an attachment we must let go of in a Krsna conscious way of course.

I was thinking the picture represented me (the angel with the broken head), but that's a funny observation.

Do I have to *let go* of my attachment to my kids, or is that attachment something which can be *dovetailed* (yukta-vairagya) in service?

Now I get it. Well I am sure your kids are angels also. We are all in a broken condition, fragmented souls trying to live with our consciousness projected into this dreamland of Maha-vishnu.

Krsna heals all wounds, or perceived ones, as the soul can never really be fragmented into pieces.

I thank you, Prabhu, wholeheartedly!!

Now I get it. Well I am sure your kids are angels also. We are all in a broken condition, fragmented souls trying to live with our consciousness projected into this dreamland of Maha-vishnu.

Krsna heals all wounds, or perceived ones, as the soul can never really be fragmented into pieces.

SB 11.9.5 - Once a marriageable young girl was alone in her house because her parents and relatives had gone that day to another place. At that time a few men arrived at the house, specifically desiring to marry her. She received them with all hospitality.

SB 11.9.6 - The girl went to a private place and began to make preparations so that the unexpected male guests could eat. As she was beating the rice, the conchshell bracelets on her arms were colliding and making a loud noise.

SB 11.9.7 - The young girl feared that the men would consider her family to be poor because their daughter was busily engaged in the menial task of husking rice. Being very intelligent, the shy girl broke the shell bracelets from her arms, leaving just two on each wrist.

SB 11.9.8 - Thereafter, as the young girl continued to husk the rice, the two bracelets on each wrist continued to collide and make noise. Therefore she took one bracelet off each arm, and with only one left on each wrist there was no more noise.

SB 11.9.9 - O subduer of the enemy, I travel throughout the surface of the earth learning constantly about the nature of this world, and thus I personally witnessed the lesson of the young girl.

SB 11.9.10 - When many people live together in one place there will undoubtedly be quarreling. And even if only two people live together there will be frivolous conversation and disagreement. Therefore, to avoid conflict, one should live alone, as we learn from the example of the bracelet of the young girl.

So may sensual desires enter the mind and demand attention. "Marry me", "No marry me," between the need for food and the need for sex there is always something pulling us and annoying us.

Living alone in relative peace is one level but then we must learn to genuinely live within in union with the Lord to be beyond the disturbances of outside influences which are trying to entangle us deeper into the material maze.

SB 11.9.5 - Once a marriageable young girl was alone in her house because her parents and relatives had gone that day to another place. At that time a few men arrived at the house, specifically desiring to marry her. She received them with all hospitality.

SB 11.9.6 - The girl went to a private place and began to make preparations so that the unexpected male guests could eat. As she was beating the rice, the conchshell bracelets on her arms were colliding and making a loud noise.

SB 11.9.7 - The young girl feared that the men would consider her family to be poor because their daughter was busily engaged in the menial task of husking rice. Being very intelligent, the shy girl broke the shell bracelets from her arms, leaving just two on each wrist.

SB 11.9.8 - Thereafter, as the young girl continued to husk the rice, the two bracelets on each wrist continued to collide and make noise. Therefore she took one bracelet off each arm, and with only one left on each wrist there was no more noise.

SB 11.9.9 - O subduer of the enemy, I travel throughout the surface of the earth learning constantly about the nature of this world, and thus I personally witnessed the lesson of the young girl.

SB 11.9.10 - When many people live together in one place there will undoubtedly be quarreling. And even if only two people live together there will be frivolous conversation and disagreement. Therefore, to avoid conflict, one should live alone, as we learn from the example of the bracelet of the young girl.

So may sensual desires enter the mind and demand attention. "Marry me", "No marry me," between the need for food and the need for sex there is always something pulling us and annoying us.

Living alone in relative peace is one level but then we must learn to genuinely live within in union with the Lord to be beyond the disturbances of outside influences which are trying to entangle us deeper into the material maze.

this,

I woul like this Uddhava Gita and is not in Krishna Culture:crying2:

Uddhava-gita - The Song Ever Goes On BY: ISVARA DASA

<center>uddhava2.jpg</center>

Sep 8, INDIA (SUN) — That Uddhava-gita, which is really an essential companion to Bhagavad-gita, has been largely overlooked is certainly a great mystery. Bhagavad-gita was spoken by Lord Krishna to His friend Arjuna, on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, when the later refused to execute his duty fearing the death of many family members; in order to induce Arjuna to fight as a matter of duty, Bhagavad-gita was spoken. Uddhava gita was also spoken by the same Lord Krishna, to another dear and intimate devotee, Sri Uddhava.

Uddhava-gita was spoken by Lord Krishna to Uddhava to exceute the final duty of this world - which is renunciation of all worldly attachments and take to the path of complete dedication to God. In essence, messages of Bhagavad-gita and Uddhava-gita are similar, but Uddhava-gita goes little bit further in the science of God. Lord Krishna instructed Arjuna at the end of Bhagavad-gita to abandone all varieties of religions and simply surrender to Him, and to execute His will only. So Arjuna did just that, as the Lord had instructed.

At the end of His manifest pastimes on earth five thousand years ago, the demigods headed by Lord Brahma, approached Lord Krishna and submitted to Him that the purpose for which the demigods had prayed for His descent into this world is now fulfilled. The demigods prayed to the Lord to return to His eternal abode in the spiritual world, since the purpose of His appearance had been executed. The Lord approved the request of the demigods, but felt there was one more duty that needed to be performed; that is the withdrawal of the Yadu dynasty from the face of the earth. Lord Krishna contemplated that should the Yadu dynasty be left behind after Him, the Yadus would feel unbearable separation from Him, and thus will subsequently create another burden for the planet earth. Thus under the pretext of some curses by great sages, there was fratricidal war among the Yadu members, and the Yadu dynasty were therefore withdrew from the earth.

After this the Lord sat under a secluded place preparing to leave the planet. At that time, Uddhava approached the Lord, feeling great separation, prayed to the Lord to take him with Him. But the Lord had something else in mind for Uddhava. He wanted Uddhava to deliver His final teachings to the sages in the Himalayas, who will in turn benefit the humanity. Just as Uddhava was earlier deputed by the Lord to take a message to the inhabitants of Vrindavan, the Lord is now again sending Uddhava to take His ultimate teachings to the sages of Badarikashram in the Himalayas. Uddhava thus posed several questions and the Lord answered with sound logic and philosophy.

The instructions in the Uddhava-gita bears lots of similarities to Bhagavad-gita, however, there are much more elaborations and practical analysis on how to execute the ideas that were briefly explained in the Bhagavad-gita. Lord Krishna elaborately explained the path of self realisation, various yoga and mystic perfections, real religion, the modes of material nature and their influences, analytical understanding of material nature, the process of philosophical inquiries, and the ultimate path of bhakti, which is the process of total dedication to God. In one sense, Uddhava-gita is the ultimate companion to Bhagavad-gita, as what were briefly taught in the Bhagavad-gita were now elaborately explained by the same speaker, Lord Krishna, in the Uddhava gita.

While the Bhagavad-gita is part of the Mahabharata, similarly, the Uddhava-gita occurs in the Bhagavata Purana; both epics were composed by Srila Vyasadeva to highlight the glory of Lord Krishna's descents into the world. There are countless translations and editions of Bhagavad-gita, and the numbers are increasing everyday. The most potent edition of Bhagavad-gita is the edition presented by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the founder acarya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Srila Prabhupada presented Bhagavad-gita As Its, and opened the eyes of this darkened world, to the personality of Lord Krishna, which had previously being hidden by the unscrupulous and impersonal commentaries of the great book.

*It is our great fortune that we are presenting the Uddhava-gita for the first time to the world. Though the Uddhava-gita is itself form the bulk of eleventh canto of Srimad Bhagavatam, which had already being published, especially by the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, however, this edition is special. Lord Krishna's final teaching is extracted from the great Srimad Bhagavat, and it is fully elaborated upon with the commentaries of two of our great Vaisnava spiritual masters: Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, the spiritual master of Srila Prabhupada. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta also made a summary of each chapter, thus making the book easily understandable. The commentaries of Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura and the purports of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura are presented one after the other on each verse of the book.

This book, Uddhava-gita, with commentaries of Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, is complete with the original Sanskrit verses, roman transliterations, English translations, and full commentaries. At the end of the book are glossaries of the terms used, and full index. The book is 820 pages, 9"x7", hardback.

It's now available in India, and can be gotten soon in some ISKCON temples in India as well as selected public outlets. It will soon be available in Europe through Bhaktivedanta Library Services and in North America through Krishna Culture.

You can write me at isvara99@gmail.com for more bulk purchases details.

When did you check with Krsna Culture? You may consider emailing Isvara at the above email and I am sure he could give up to date info. Keep us posted CCC.