IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

How was Mareech Ravan's maternal uncle?

Rate this topic

Pranam

Ravana's paternal grandfather was Pulastya, son of Brahma. Ravana's maternal grandfather was Malyavan, who was against the war with Rama, and his maternal grandmother was Tataka. Ravana also had a maternal uncle, Maricha.

TARAKA A female Daitya, daughter off the Yaksha Su-ketu or of the demon Sunda, and mother of Maricha. She was changed into a Rakshasi by Agastya, and lived in a forest called by her name on the Ganges

You have written that Tadka was Ravan's maternal grandmother. This means Tadka's husband should be Ravan's maternal grandfather. Ravan's maternal grandfather(i.e. mother's father) was Sumali. Sumali's brothers can also be considered as maternal grandfather. So, Malyavan and Mali were also Ravan's maternal grandfather.

Which of these three (Malyavan, Mali, Sumali) was Tadka's husband?

Pranam

there is not much information as regards to many fring characters of Ramayan, this so far internet has provided. i have not had time to refer to Valmiki and Tulsidas Ramayan i have, if i find any more info i shell post it.

Jai Shree Krishna