IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vsdprasad

Festival of India, San Francisco- Aug 2007

Rate this topic

Very nice photos. I took some as well, but they're not as artistic.

It was an amazing day! Weather-wise, it was cool and sunny in the morning--just right for chanting and dancing and pulling. In the afternoon, it warmed up for the sitting and honoring prasadam while watching the entertainment part.

The parade was nice. I ended up walking in front of Lord Balarama's cart for most of it. Agnidev (I believe that's who it was) was leading with Tripurari Maharaja helping him out at times (it seemed a little strange to have them both singing, but it worked most of the time).

After the intensity of Venice Beach and the L.A. Ratha, I always look forward to the spaciousness and mellowness of Golden Gate Park.

Jai Jagannatha! Jai Baladev! Jai Subhadra!!

Ananta koti vaishnava vrinda ki jai!!

Last Sunday I went to the Festival of Chariots, San Francisco and invited my colleague, who is an advanced amateur photographer.

He uploaded some of the photos to his amazing website:

http://www.peace-on-earth.org/SFIndianFestival/

Also, the new playground near the festival site was appreciated by the kids. They left the big concrete slides, but everything else was new (and safer).

I do miss the round, swinging gondola things they used to have as well as the Battlestar Galactica-evoking climbing structure, though. I had fond memories of them from when I was a young boy.