IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Jogeshwar Mahanta

Does Spiritualism Leads To Unspiritedness?

Rate this topic

All answers to my question will be emphatic "NO". Rationalizations will be poured. But my experience here reminds the following slokas from Geeta:

Kutastwa kashmalamidam vishame samupasthitam,

Anaryayustamaswargamakeerteemkaramarjuna.(2/2)

Klaivam ma sma gama partha naitattyayuprapadyate,

Kshudram hrudaydroubalyam twaktottistha parantapa(2/3)

regards

Maybe he is saying that spirituality reduces the mode of passion?

If so, yes and that is what it is supposed to do.

Spirituality is in the mode of goodness which doesn't not have all the "spiritedness" of the mode of passion.

Otherwise, I don't know what he means by "spiritedness".

But my experience here reminds the following slokas from Geeta:

Kutastwa kashmalamidam vishame samupasthitam,

Anaryayustamaswargamakeerteemkaramarjuna.(2/2)

Klaivam ma sma gama partha naitattyayuprapadyate,

Kshudram hrudaydroubalyam twaktottistha parantapa(2/3)

regards

Actually my friend, this statement is what I was referring to. What about this text reminds you of your experience here, and by "here" do you mean this website, or something else?

Sorry I didn't clarify in my earlier post. Be well.

For those of us who are not native Sanskrit speakers:

http://vedabase.net/bg/2/2/en

BG 2.2: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Arjuna, how have these impurities come upon you? They are not at all befitting a man who knows the value of life. They lead not to higher planets but to infamy.

BG 2.3: O son of Pṛthā, do not yield to this degrading impotence. It does not become you. Give up such petty weakness of heart and arise, O chastiser of the enemy.

It's good to remember that Arjuna is a Kshatriya--a warrior born and bred. His duty is to rule and to fight when necessary.

I am a born mleccha (dog-eater). It is my duty to follow the instructions of Gurudeva. Besides chanting the Holy Names and engaging in devotional service, his most frequent plea is that we remain humble, offer honor to others while seeking none for ourselves, and to remain tolerant.

I say it takes a stronger heart to tolerate one's karma while engaging in the path of Bhakti than it takes to struggle against and smite one's "enemies".

Actually my friend, this statement is what I was referring to. What about this text reminds you of your experience here, and by "here" do you mean this website, or something else?

Sorry I didn't clarify in my earlier post. Be well.

Basically he is saying people here have become weak because of our so-called spiritualism because we didn't jump on his bandwagon about WHO. It is an attempt at a clever insult and nothing more as I see it.

Basically he is saying people here have become weak because of our so-called spiritualism because we didn't jump on his bandwagon about WHO. It is an attempt at a clever insult and nothing more as I see it.

Way to tell it like it is (at least that's how it appears to me)!!

As we progress in spiritual life, we will find that our priorities may shift radically--that's one sign that the medicine is working!!

For thousands of yeas we are going on chanting:

Sarbe bhabantu sukhinah,

Sarbe Santu niramayah,

Sarbe bhadrani pashyantu,

Ma kaschit duhkhah bhag bhabet.

But we have not achieved this state. I see many good articles here but no discussion follows. For example, here is Swami Ramdev baba's article posted on 11th January,, 2007 in Vedic culture forum

"Aim for a happy, healthy, and transparent India", Swami Ramdev.

Jagannath Chatterjee

but no discussion followed. This state of affair reminded me the above quoted slokas Now instead of arousing any positive reaction, it flared up defensiveness.This rather confirms my hunch.

Please keep get going dear discussants.

regards

GATE PASS TO SPIRITUALISM

1. Please read chapter 2(Sankhya Yoga) of Shree Madbhagavat Geeta at least 10 times with a gap of about 1 month bewteen 2 readings.

2.Make a similar reading of chapter 18(Vishwa roopa darshana Yoga).

3. Then come back to chapter 3 and go by sequence.

regards

Will this also help my sore back, Doctor?

:P

But seriously, 'twould be grand if each of us daily bathed our minds in the revelations of the Gita.

GATE PASS TO SPIRITUALISM

1. Please read chapter 2(Sankhya Yoga) of Shree Madbhagavat Geeta at least 10 times with a gap of about 1 month bewteen 2 readings.

2.Make a similar reading of chapter 18(Vishwa roopa darshana Yoga).

3. Then come back to chapter 3 and go by sequence.

regards

I must say, though, that you come across as rude and smug when you start a topic, solicit responses and then dismiss those responses without actually addressing them in any cogent fashion.

When folks are rude around here, they tend to get ignored after a while.

I am not a kshatriya by either birth or propensity. My "fight" at this point is to raise my children and live my life in as Krishna-conscious fashion as possible while sharing some of the mercy I've received from Gurudev with interested souls along the way. I struggle, but, so far, I'm persisting.

Just what is your problem with that? What would you have me do--tear down a mosque? Maybe you want me to start showing up at WHO meetings in Vaishnava garb?

Defensiveness?? How about irritation!

This state of affair reminded me the above quoted slokas Now instead of arousing any positive reaction, it flared up defensiveness.This rather confirms my hunch.

Will this also help my sore back, Doctor?

:P

Appropriateness is the core ingradient of survival. Better you could have asked this question in the thread "What cured you dear?" thread in Ayurveda forum. In any case, it is yes. Emotional instability is the origin of all our health problems. Sankhya Yoga basically teaches emotional stability. Please read from sloka 54 onward.

regards

For thousands of yeas we are going on chanting:

Sarbe bhabantu sukhinah,

Sarbe Santu niramayah,

Sarbe bhadrani pashyantu,

Ma kaschit duhkhah bhag bhabet.

But we have not achieved this state. I see many good articles here but no discussion follows. For example, here is Swami Ramdev baba's article posted on 11th January,, 2007 in Vedic culture forum

"Aim for a happy, healthy, and transparent India", Swami Ramdev.

Jagannath Chatterjee

but no discussion followed. This state of affair reminded me the above quoted slokas Now instead of arousing any positive reaction, it flared up defensiveness.This rather confirms my hunch.

Please keep get going dear discussants.

regards

Thanks for clarifying my friend.

To be honest with you, I don't read a lot of the articles that are posted here. Not because I don't care about it, or have any negative emotions towards them, but because some of them are so lengthy, it would take a considerable about of time to read them. That doesn't mean necessarily that I don't care about a spiritual path, but that some folks simply may not want to or may not have the time with all of the things going on in their lives, to read many pages of information and then post a response to it.

I certainly understand why you might feel the way you do. Different forums have different members and atmospheres. This forum is somewhat active, but it may not be as active as another where more responses could be generated.

Thanks for your time and posts and have a wonderful day! Be well.

Thanks for clarifying my friend.

To be honest with you, I don't read a lot of the articles that are posted here. Not because I don't care about it, or have any negative emotions towards them, but because some of them are so lengthy, it would take a considerable about of time to read them. That doesn't mean necessarily that I don't care about a spiritual path, but that some folks simply may not want to or may not have the time with all of the things going on in their lives, to read many pages of information and then post a response to it.

I certainly understand why you might feel the way you do. Different forums have different members and atmospheres. This forum is somewhat active, but it may not be as active as another where more responses could be generated.

Thanks for your time and posts and have a wonderful day! Be well.

Thanks for seeing the message in right perspective.

What you need is srength, stamina, endurance,vigour, vitality and resistance.

First, be kind to yourself to learn benevolence.

regards

regards

The good doctor is diagnosing himself. We all do it, but don't always recognize it. For someone who ignores detailed responses to his direct "questions", likely not even reading the response because it didn't fit into his preset agenda/campaign/timeframe, complaining about others showing disinterest for some topics seems perhaps a little confusing.

The good doctor is diagnosing himself. We all do it, but don't always recognize it. For someone who ignores detailed responses to his direct "questions", likely not even reading the response because it didn't fit into his preset agenda/campaign/timeframe, complaining about others showing disinterest for some topics seems perhaps a little confusing.

"We all do it,"Fine. Please keep get going. I am no obstruction to your agenda/campaign/timeframe.

regards

No one here claims to be free from false ego sir.

Well, Guruvani might, but we know he's just joking. He comes across sometimes as arrogant, but we know that, at heart, he's as humble and modest as anybody. :D

Dandavata pranamas to all the Vaishnavas and their well-wishers!!

If the good Doctor means to inspire us, though, I suggest he try alternate tactics. So far, he has only inspired irritation (which, itself, can be illustrative to the sincere seeker, no doubt, as an indicator that the seeker has yet to achieve the goal of perfect equipose under any mundane circumstances).

Like they say: a poor craftsman quarrels with his tools. If you wish to utilize us as your tools, Doctor, it's best not to quarrel with us, eh?

You missed the joke. Apparently the smiley face and "But seriously" were not sufficient indicators of (my feeble attempt at) humor.

I hope you're not a surgeon!!

Appropriateness is the core ingradient of survival. Better you could have asked this question in the thread "What cured you dear?" thread in Ayurveda forum. In any case, it is yes. Emotional instability is the origin of all our health problems. Sankhya Yoga basically teaches emotional stability. Please read from sloka 54 onward.

regards