IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Jogeshwar Mahanta

Is health non-spiritual

Rate this topic

Thank you dear.

Well what percentage of people here have come for TP means time pass and what percentage of people have come here for TU means time utilization?

What is your best guess?

regards

I am not sure what you mean by these terms Dr. Please rephrase.

Health, as defined by WHO, is neither spiritual nor non-spiritual in itself. What we do for a good health and what we do after having good health determine whether health is spiritual or not.

Yes. What is our motive for maintaining health of the body. Better sex life or better service to the Lord.

I think he's trying to say that we're all just chatting around the water cooler.

That's fine with me. I'd rather be chatting about this kind of stuff than baseball.

Yeah you are right. I get it now. But it seems the good Dr. has written us off and said goodbye.

Who gave the definition of health at WHO ? Is that person spiritually enlightened ?

That is not the issue my dear omsadhak. To make you understand the issue let me tell you an Akbar-Birbal joke.

Akbar drew a line and asked Birbal to make it shorter without erasing any part of it. Instantly Birbal drew a bigger line by its side.

Now the issue is-Can we become Birbals?

regards

"We are not interested in altering the relative perception of reality in someone's mind we are interested in presenting the reality as it is.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

"If a devotee accepts Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as the universal guru and Lord Jagannatha as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna, he is benefited by the combined mercy of Krsna and guru." - Madhya 13.18 purport"

Content above the line and content below the line seem to be paradoxical.

regards

<!-- / sig -->

"We are not interested in altering the relative perception of reality in someone's mind we are interested in presenting the reality as it is.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

"If a devotee accepts Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as the universal guru and Lord Jagannatha as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna, he is benefited by the combined mercy of Krsna and guru." - Madhya 13.18 purport"

Content above the line and content below the line seem to be paradoxical.

regards

<!-- / sig -->

The paradox is in your perception.

And in whose perception it is not?

regards

TRANSLATION Bg 4.34

Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth.

PURPORT

The path of spiritual realization is undoubtedly difficult. The Lord therefore advises us to approach a bona fide spiritual master in the line of disciplic succession from the Lord Himself. No one can be a bona fide spiritual master without following this principle of disciplic succession. The Lord is the original spiritual master, and a person in the disciplic succession can convey the message of the Lord as it is to his disciple. No one can be spiritually realized by manufacturing his own process, as is the fashion of the foolish pretenders. The Bhagavatam (6.3.19) says, dharmam tu sakshad bhagavat-pranitam: the path of religion is directly enunciated by the Lord. Therefore, mental speculation or dry arguments cannot help lead one to the right path. Nor by independent study of books of knowledge can one progress in spiritual life. One has to approach a bona fide spiritual master to receive the knowledge. Such a spiritual master should be accepted in full surrender, and one should serve the spiritual master like a menial servant, without false prestige. Satisfaction of the self-realized spiritual master is the secret of advancement in spiritual life. Inquiries and submission constitute the proper combination for spiritual understanding. Unless there is submission and service, inquiries from the learned spiritual master will not be effective. One must be able to pass the test of the spiritual master, and when he sees the genuine desire of the disciple, he automatically blesses the disciple with genuine spiritual understanding. In this verse, both blind following and absurd inquiries are condemned. Not only should one hear submissively from the spiritual master, but one must also get a clear understanding from him, in submission and service and inquiries. A bona fide spiritual master is by nature very kind toward the disciple. Therefore when the student is submissive and is always ready to render service, the reciprocation of knowledge and inquiries becomes perfect.

If the entire world is swept up in the sankirttan movement of Mahaprabhu, there will be no question of how to modify WHO policies and rhetoric, it will happen automatically.

Water the roots, not the leaves.

That is not the issue my dear omsadhak. To make you understand the issue let me tell you an Akbar-Birbal joke.

Akbar drew a line and asked Birbal to make it shorter without erasing any part of it. Instantly Birbal drew a bigger line by its side.

Now the issue is-Can we become Birbals?

regards

Yeah, health is a bogus ego trip. Breathing is, too. Water drinking is nothing but gratifying ones senses.

No, we affirm that we are not these bodies, but one who is wise also knows that these bodies are also not our possession, so we work to keep this facility nice.

We are not the armaqgeddonist fanatic who destroys the forest to enjoy life because brimstone is on the way. No, even after the nuclear holocaust, we live, not because we want to hang onto a bad life, but because God has not taken that body of HIS away from our care.

The idea of spirituality cannot even approached by one not devoted to the Supreme Lord. It is not at all spiritual to neglect the world because one is under the illusion that it is false. The world is real, belongs to the Creator, and while it is agreed that it is all temporary, dharma insists on preservation of life up to a point. (meaning one need not artificially sustain a life beyond its culpability).

mahak, im on an ego trip, I need to gratify my senses by taking a drink of water.,

I remember the quick pass by the forhead and sri visnu on the way to the tongue. First, water, then yogurt, then ganja, then mushrooms.

Why sri visnu water when Krsna is water. mahak

I remember the quick pass by the forhead and sri visnu on the way to the tongue. First, water, then yogurt, then ganja, then mushrooms.

Why sri visnu water when Krsna is water. mahak

Sri Vishnu reminds us all comes from Vishnu and Vishnu is all that comes. I Sri Vishnu my vitamins & herbs.

Ganja and mushrooms. Sure why not. Sri Vishnu everything. Anabolic steroids, Sri Vishnu Sri Vishnu Sri Vishnu.

It's not about the substance it is about reconnecting with the Source.

Hmmmm...perhaps one of Sri Vishnu's expansions might be more appreciative of intoxicant offerings than Sri Vishnu Himself.

Ma Durga, perhaps?

Sri Vishnu reminds us all comes from Vishnu and Vishnu is all that comes. I Sri Vishnu my vitamins & herbs.

Ganja and mushrooms. Sure why not. Sri Vishnu everything. Anabolic steroids, Sri Vishnu Sri Vishnu Sri Vishnu.

It's not about the substance it is about reconnecting with the Source.

Hmmmm...perhaps one of Sri Vishnu's expansions might be more appreciative of intoxicant offerings than Sri Vishnu Himself.

Ma Durga, perhaps?

No doubt. But I was not referring to an offering, just a rememberance and acknowledgment of our dependence on the Source.

Once we joked (we were a buncha rebellious devotees, but always joking around) that we should sri visnu the world, then everything would be prasadam (and no, I doidnt sri visnu me spliff, mon. Lord Siva nor his wife want me lame herb either).

The idea is that juice that I bought while engaged in very hot labor for krsna is for me, not him, but I recognize him, so I drink it for myself because the body needs carbs to continue tearing down that chicken coop in the hot tropics so we can salvage the tim roof for the cow barn, where Krsnas cows were maintained (quite lovingly, I might add). The juice is mine, for me.

Prasadam is for krsna, everything about the selection of entree, the preparation, the cooking, the adding of spice without tasting nor enjoyment of the aromas, etc. Prasadam is a different process than mere recognition of Sri Isopanisad.

So, maybe (I just thought of this) to "Sri Visnu" ones food is an act of Santa Rasa, a recognition of the glorious position of Sri Visnu, but not quite on the platform of servitude. Whatch Yall think, eh?

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Once we joked (we were a buncha rebellious devotees, but always joking around) that we should sri visnu the world, then everything would be prasadam ....

I of course didn't get that it was a joke. One time I was at Mt. Tabor park in Portland when i got the idea of "Sri Vishnuing" the water supply reservoir for the city of Portland, which I did. I envisioned Lord Vishnu in a Big Form taking a drink from the reservoir just like He might from a silver cup on the altar. :)

I also remember stopping to silently Sri Vishnu a bagel cart on the street once as well as the produce department in a Safeway. :D

So, maybe (I just thought of this) to "Sri Visnu" ones food is an act of Santa Rasa, a recognition of the glorious position of Sri Visnu, but not quite on the platform of servitude. Whatch Yall think, eh?

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

That is what I meant in my post above.