IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Is Jesus an excuse not to surrender to Krishna?

Rate this topic

You should be deleted as an aparadhi.

Because I don't believe in the Jesus fairlytale?

Jesus can't help anybody.

There is only one way to deliverance in this age and it ain't whining about Jesus.

Jesus was an individual, so they say.

So, the comparison is good as far as I am concerned.

As for me, I am not going to give any credit to Jesus if in fact even senior disciples of Srila Saraswati Thakur have been neglected by Srila Prabhupada.

Christianity is a major world religion on the strength of Roman and British political influence.

As a religion on it's own it has no actual substance as far as I am concerned.

You're playing off individuals against religions. The subject matter was religions where you quoted 'sarva dharman...' then you side-stepped to bash Jesus the individual, because you can't justify bashing other personalistic religions in the name of Vaisnavism. So you try to justify Vaisnava aparadha by saying Prabhupada doesn't always speak the truth (not true) - because he is preaching, on the one hand, and on the other hand , he 'rejected' his godbrothers (not true). How much more are you going to twist and prevaricate to make your nonsense point?

You're playing off individuals against religions. The subject matter was religions where you quoted 'sarva dharman...' then you side-stepped to bash Jesus the individual, because you can't justify bashing other personalistic religions in the name of Vaisnavism. So you try to justify Vaisnava aparadha by saying Prabhupada doesn't always speak the truth (not true) - because he is preaching, on the one hand, and on the other hand , he 'rejected' his godbrothers (not true). How much more are you going to twist and prevaricate to make your nonsense point?

I have met rickshaw wallas in India that knew more about God than Jesus did.

Jesus?

A new bhakta at an ISKCON temple can tell you more about God than Jesus could.

Jesus was nobody.

Any ISKCON guru is millions of times more advanced than Jesus.

Jesus was a small-timer.

Jesus can't save anybody because he can't teach anybody to chant Hare Krishna.

Jesus was a small-timer.

Could be that the royal houses soon found out that Christianity was a great tool to control and organize their states and therefore it became so big, it was promoted by the ksatriyas/royal houses. Same with Islam, why millions joined the Muslims for example in Africa - it fits perfectly into the program to help each other gratify the bodily concept of life since the Islam teaches to help each other.

Thanks CCC, well, one more proof that we live in the age of differentation, therefore, "whatever name you have got":

"There are so many ways to call the same man. Similarly, if you have got a name, holy name of the holy father, you chant that. This is our propaganda. Harer nama harer nama harer namaiva kevalam [Adi 17.21] This is the recommendation in the Vedic literature, that in this age, this age of differentiation, this age of fight, quarreling, misunderstanding, if I say, “This is the name of God,” and you say, “No, this is the name of God,” then there will be fight. So better, Caitanya Mahaprabhu gives here, that whatever name you have got… But it must be God’s name, harer nama, not your manufactured name. It must be authorized God’s name. You chant that."

BG 7.1 - A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda, Fiji, May 24, 1975

Could be that people don't agree with each other and throw bombs upon what is an authorized name of God?

As you know All names are authorized. Once I met a nun in a Hare Krsna temple who was chanting in the rosary the names of Jesus and Krsna:rolleyes2:.

Jesus?

Jesus was nobody.

Jesus was a small-timer.

He knows past present and future, He couldn't teach all, in fact he had to preach in parabolas and allegories because israel flock were ignorants and was killed still young, only pure of hearts can understand that. scholars can't understand parables of jesus because they are wicked or dry speculators . If Lord Jesus were talked straightforward, I bet you that no one would know the biblie today.

As you know All names are authorized.

Names of small-time tribal gods will not help anybody.

Chanting the name of the biblical god will not help because the biblical god is not the supreme God.

The name must be a transcendental name of the Supreme God.

Just any old name of tribal gods is useless to chant.

small timer?? If so, why you quacking about him 2000 years later? Nah, you small timer, he is the most famous man ever to walk the earth, because His Father gives him that fame.

small timer?? If so, why you quacking about him 2000 years later? Nah, you small timer, he is the most famous man ever to walk the earth, because His Father gives him that fame.

Whoopee.... he made twelve disciples.

The Jesus cult wasn't spread around the world by Jesus.

The Jesus cult spread around the world on the strength of Roman and British empires.

Jesus didn't accomplish much himself.

He managed to scrounge up a dozen misfits to follow him around until he got caught and nailed on a cross.

Any ISKCON guru has more followers than Jesus managed to make himself.

Whoopee.... he made twelve disciples.

The Jesus cult wasn't spread around the world by Jesus.

The Jesus cult spread around the world on the strength of Roman and British empires.

Jesus didn't accomplish much himself.

He managed to scrounge up a dozen misfits to follow him around until he got caught and nailed on a cross.

Any ISKCON guru has more followers than Jesus managed to make himself.

Yeah.

At the times of the Roman Empire, the civilization of Europe, and the British expansion, the social conditions and rudimentary technology that Srila Prabhupada had available 40+ years ago did not exist: cheap printing and a high literacy rate, telephone, radio, photography and motion pictures, TV, jet airplane travel, automobiles and supporting infrastructure, democratic societies in which to preach freely using these advantages.

The teachings of Caitanya Mahaprabhu were limited to India and already significantly compromised there before the current disciplic lineage... Bhaktivinoda, Bhaktisiddhanta, Bhaktivedanta, et al...and the technological era appeared simultaneously, roughly 100-125 years ago, and these acaryas made the conscious decision to buck hidebound tradition and freely use 20th century technologies to preach India-wide and then worldwide. They revived a once-dynamic spiritual movement that was already drying up in the country of its origin.

We can be assured that a vast and accurate record of Srila Prabhupada's every original word and action...written, spoken, and in visual form...will exist in perpetuity, long after we're all worm food.

I think we can assume that if the real Jesus Christ was fast-forwarded to New York City, 1965, the results would be much the same.

Jesus?

Jesus was nobody.

Jesus was a small-timer.

What you know about Jesus could be inscribed on a grain of rice.

PRABHUPADA: "If one understands Krsna, then he will understand Jesus Christ. If one understands Jesus Christ, you’ll understand Krsna".
It seems the author of this thread thinks his master is an idiot or a liar. Or perhaps the author understands neither Krsna nor Christ, as Prabhupada says.

Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> PRABHUPADA: "If one understands Krsna, then he will understand Jesus Christ. If one understands Jesus Christ, you’ll understand Krsna".</td></tr></tbody></table>

Preaching tactics.

His is idea was to get Christians to understand Krishna, not to get devotees whining about Jesus.

I understand Krishna, that is how I understand Jesus is a fable with some almost spiritual parables.

Srila Prabhupada made all kinds of remarks in his preaching.

Some of them were just preaching tactics and NOT actual history or siddhanta.

The Jesus thing was just a preaching tactic that is not based on shastric evidence.

Mahaprabhu told a list of Shaktyavesha avatars to Sanatan Goswami.

Jesus was not on the list.

Jesus came 1000 years before Mahaprabhu, so if Jesus was a real shaktyavesha avatar Mahaprabhu would have known about it.

Jesus didn't make the list of legitimate shaktyavesha avatars.

The claim that Jesus was shaktyavesha avatar was a preaching tactic.

It wasn't an actual fact.

I think we can assume that if the real Jesus Christ was fast-forwarded to New York City, 1965, the results would be much the same.

If you would have had a Jew running around Thompkins Square Park in 1965 claiming to be the ONLY son of God and the saviour of all mankind, he probably would have gotten mugged, stabbed and laughed at by the hippies.

The results would have been even less than the 12 misfits Jesus had following him around sheep country.