IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
indulekhadasi

The Hellish Planets

Rate this topic

Haribol, I know who resides in Bhuva, Swarga, Mahar, Jana, Tapa and Satya lokas, as it is described in the Brhad Bhagavatamrita. But who resides in and what activities are performed in these hellish planets, respectively:Atal, Vital, Sutal, Talatal, Mahatal, Patal? Please let me know.

Hare Krishna.

Your servant eternally,

Sridevi

Out of curiosity, why do you want to know? Are you more motivated by fear than by love?

:P

Haribol, I know who resides in Bhuva, Swarga, Mahar, Jana, Tapa and Satya lokas, as it is described in the Brhad Bhagavatamrita. But who resides in and what activities are performed in these hellish planets, respectively:Atal, Vital, Sutal, Talatal, Mahatal, Patal? Please let me know.

Hare Krishna.

Your servant eternally,

Sridevi

I just wanted to be informed. I am not scared. Why are there references about Kumbhipaka hell and other hells? Are they simply for frightening us?

Fair enough.

I don't even know the name of the hell in which I currently reside. My only concern is how to get out (I'm not a Vaishnava (those who only seek service and not salvation)).

Canto 5 of the SB contains descriptions. Bhaktivinode says they are there to frighten us. But such hellish descriptions as described can most certainly be factual. Even on this Earth we have a "real" life example in Vladamir Dracular AKA Vlad the impaler.

BUSH%20VladTepesImpaleForest.jpeg.jpg

Dont let the duality of the material world affect your judgement. My Lord Yamaraja is a presiding deity of ptrloka. The nagas all live there, and dont ruffle lowborns feathers by saying anything bad about nagas.

The hellish planets rival heaven itself in wonderful opulence. All the jewels are born there, diamonds, rubies, sapphires, all these gems are the light source for these opulent residences.

Personally, if I had the choice, Id rather hang with yama than indra. Yama knows all about krsna, Indra does not.

the energetic source of the earth is located in the core, where all the hellish systems are located, thus they are called "subterranean" planetary system, meaning beneath the surface of earth (terra).

All glories to hell.

mahaksadasa

Hare Krishna.

Your servant eternally,

Sridevi

They are heavenly planetary systems, Bila Svarga, these subterranean worlds...

the energetic source of the earth is located in the core, where all the hellish systems are located, thus they are called "subterranean" planetary system, meaning beneath the surface of earth (terra).

I don't think that is what the Bhagavatam is saying.

Subterranean planets are below the terrestrial planets.

As we study the planets, astronomers like to categorize the planets into two categories. The first category is the terrestrial planets. The second category is the Jovian planets. The terrestrial planets include Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars. These planets have solid surfaces, with the last three also having an atmosphere. Their size, radius, and density are all similar. The Jovian planets include Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. These planets are also called gas giants. They are much larger in radius than the terrestrial planets, and the majority of their volume is composed of gas.

Subterranean planets are the planets beneath the terrestrial planets not planets in the core of the Earth.

The great sage Śukadeva Gosvāmī answered: All the hellish planets are situated in the intermediate space between the three worlds and the Garbhodaka Ocean. They lie on the southern side of the universe, beneath Bhū-maṇḍala, and slightly above the water of the Garbhodaka Ocean. Pitṛloka is also located in this region between the Garbhodaka Ocean and the lower planetary systems. All the residents of Pitṛloka, headed by Agniṣvāttā, meditate in great samādhi on the Supreme Personality of Godhead and always wish their families well.

There is a popular myth floating around the movement that there really are no hellish planets that they are just allegorical to personal hells sinful souls suffer.

Srila Prabhupada defeats that way of thinking:

Yamarāja is not a fictitious or mythological character; he has his own abode, Pitṛloka, of which he is king. Agnostics may not believe in hell, but Śukadeva Gosvāmī affirms the existence of the Naraka planets, which lie between the Garbhodaka Ocean and Pātālaloka.

what does below mean. Below and subterranean mean under where we stand.

When we stand on a sphere, below meand under the surface. Otherwise, the Norwegians' heavens would be hell to Australians. The pictures in bhagavatam dont jive with info within.

Think of onion skin, then we can speak of hyperdimensional physics which is very vedic in nature, this is what got velikovsky and tesla kicked out of the physicist club.

Where is Dr. Beggar? We need expert on Nagas here. They are the reptilian extra terrestrials everyone sees, but they are really intra-terrestrial. Subterranean, told of in Ramayana, told of their origination of all valuable jewels on the planet, made from the fireball of earths core.

Okay, theres my controversial post. Mahaksadasa thinks the picture in bhagavatam is inaccurate. Go tell the narwegians and aussies. Look up to see down. Damn sphere!!!!!

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

what does below mean. Below and subterranean mean under where we stand.

When we stand on a sphere, below meand under the surface. Otherwise, the Norwegians' heavens would be hell to Australians. The pictures in bhagavatam dont jive with info within.

Think of onion skin, then we can speak of hyperdimensional physics which is very vedic in nature, this is what got velikovsky and tesla kicked out of the physicist club.

Where is Dr. Beggar? We need expert on Nagas here. They are the reptilian extra terrestrials everyone sees, but they are really intra-terrestrial. Subterranean, told of in Ramayana, told of their origination of all valuable jewels on the planet, made from the fireball of earths core.

Okay, theres my controversial post. Mahaksadasa thinks the picture in bhagavatam is inaccurate. Go tell the narwegians and aussies. Look up to see down. Damn sphere!!!!!

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

I am not sure that Mahaksha das is ready to write another version of the virat-rupa that corrects Srimad Bhagavatam.

Maybe you could put all your speculations into a book and call it the Mahaksha Purana ?:D:D:D

I was thinking of drawing better pictures. Like I said, think of onions (not to eat, but how they are made). In the descriptions, such analogy is compatible with the vedic version, which speaks of layers of the elements, starting with the gross earth, followed by water, fire, air, then ether. Then the subtle elements are those beyond the gross, mind, intelligence, and ego, spoken of as layers, each quite thicker (twice, in fact) than the previous. Same canto, so my picture of hyperdimensional, layered multiversal map would be appropriate.

The limitation is that our eyes are stuck in three dimensions, so no one can draw such a map. The artists did what they could, but the aussies and norweigians cannot agree on what is up or what is down. So descriptions of planets below the earth has no meaning, which is why I deal in hyperdimensions, layers, and the word subterranean, beneath the surface of the earth as opposed to "below" the earth. Because what is below our earth is up in the sky to the poor kiwis.

And the residents there would not agree they were in hell, either. Not wearing all them jewels and having so much mystic powers.

Yamas the king, ask him.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa