IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
hindu12

a question about complexion in the Puranas

Rate this topic

Why is there some stories about Black complexion bieng bad? And story about Parvati changing her Black complexion to become fair for Shiva?

Why is Shiva ridiculed in some of the Puranas?

In the Vishnu Purana it says that the race of Nishadas are short stature, Black complexion and dwarf like stature and are very ugly.

What is the significance of this?

Why is there some stories about Black complexion bieng bad? And story about Parvati changing her Black complexion to become fair for Shiva?

Why is Shiva ridiculed in some of the Puranas?

In the Vishnu Purana it says that the race of Nishadas are short stature, Black complexion and dwarf like stature and are very ugly.

What is the significance of this?

Actually, black complexion is praised in the epics. Vishnu, Rama, Krishna, Arjuna, Abhimanyu, Nakula, Draupadi, Damayanti ,veda vyasa and many others are described to be blackskinned.

Actually, black complexion is praised in the epics. Vishnu, Rama, Krishna, Arjuna, Abhimanyu, Nakula, Draupadi, Damayanti ,veda vyasa and many others are described to be blackskinned.

this i agree with you but i am just wondering why these things are also said. i know the puranas are written much later thn the other epics so maybe it was society?

this i agree with you but i am just wondering why these things are also said. i know the puranas are written much later thn the other epics so maybe it was society?

Vishnu too is described to be blackskinned.

When the Lord himself, Krishna , is described to be blackskinned and praised for it, does it matter what else some people say.

Ramakrishna and Swami Vivekananda and Ramana Maharshi , too, are darkskinned.

It is not colour , but character and nobility that counts. :)