IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Do You Feel Loved By Krishna?

Rate this topic

When I think of Krishna I always think of How Much I love him.. I feel His love in return.. This really comforting warm fuzzy feeling.. Which fills me with Joy.. Almost like a wonderful cycle that self perpetuates itself.. I love Krishna and I know he loves me.. I Hope all devotees feel this way..

When I think of Krishna I always think of How Much I love him.. I feel His love in return.. This really comforting warm fuzzy feeling.. Which fills me with Joy.. Almost like a wonderful cycle that self perpetuates itself.. I love Krishna and I know he loves me.. I Hope all devotees feel this way..

Love is good, but it can come in many forms, not all of which are warm and fuzzy. :)

In the course of discussing how the Paramahamsa Babaji sees everything in relation to Krishna, Srila Sridhar Maharaj gives the example of Gaura Kishor Das Babaji chastising Krishna because some village boys were harassing him.

http://www.scsmath.com/books/Golden_Volcano.pdf

Once, Srila Gaurakishora dasa Babaji Maharaja,

the spiritual master of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura, was going through the town of

Navadwipa begging a little rice from different houses.

The village people sometimes attack or insult devotees,

and as he was going to his quarters they did not

spare even such an exalted soul. Some boys were pelting

him with stones and throwing dirt at him, and he

remarked, “Krishna, You are cruelly dealing with me!

I shall complain to Your mother Yasoda about You.”

That was his outlook, and in that way he harmonized

everything. We should learn to see Krishna in anything

that comes to disturb or attack us. In philosophical

calculation, of course, without God’s will nothing

can happen. But in a concrete way, a devotee sees,

“O, Krishna! You are backing these children, You are

disturbing me, and I shall teach You a lesson. I know

how to deal with You. I shall complain to Mother

Yasoda, and she will chastise You.”

The advanced devotees are established in the

consciousness that Krishna is behind everything, and

they take everything in that way. This attitude is our

beacon light, for it will guide us to adjust ourselves

with those things that are apparently unfavorable to

us. A sweet adjustment is found there, and so we are

advised to be more tolerant than a tree. We may not

give any opposition; still, opposition will come to disturb

us. And we must forbear.

us. And we must forbear.

If we see Krsna behind everything then we are "deprived" of our right to blame others and be angry with them for imagined wrongs against ourselves. Some of us are deeply attached to our anger towards others and this is hard.

And not being on the level of Gaura Kishore Babaji we are then left in the uncomfortable position of having to relinguish our anger or repress it further.

Sridhar Maharaja calls it a "sweet adjustment". Such is the devotees vision. To me it is painful therapy. I am so stuck in the mental plane I never taste the "sweetness" he speaks of. Maybe someday...

There is more?!?!?! PLEASE do tell..

Well, think about the Universal Form of the Lord as displayed to Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita. Here at home, we have a giant poster for Bhagavad Gita that's done in the style of a movie poster. On it is the Universal Form in all Its mixed splendor.

That Form consists of infinite faces of the utmost beauty, but it also contains faces hideous and fearful. After all, Goddess Kali is an aspect of the Lord and can be most fearsome.

For the Vaishnavas like Arjuna, however, this Universal Form in all it's sublime and horrifying majesty has only passing interest. Rather, they long to see the three-fold bending Shyamasundar form of the Lord contentedly playing His Flute enchanting the Universe.

Well, think about the Universal Form of the Lord as displayed to Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita. Here at home, we have a giant poster for Bhagavad Gita that's done in the style of a movie poster. On it is the Universal Form in all Its mixed splendor.

That Form consists of infinite faces of the utmost beauty, but it also contains faces hideous and fearful.

univ.jpg

For the Vaishnavas like Arjuna, however, this Universal Form in all it's sublime and horrifying majesty has only passing interest. Rather, they long to see the three-fold bending Shyamasundar form of the Lord contentedly playing His Flute enchanting the Universe.

Shyamasundar.sized.jpg

Also see Sri Sri Radha Shyamasundar:

http://www.vrindavan-dham.com/download/radha_shyamasundar_4.jpg

If we see Krsna behind everything then we are "deprived" of our right to blame others and be angry with them for imagined wrongs against ourselves. Some of us are deeply attached to our anger towards others and this is hard.

And not being on the level of Gaura Kishore Babaji we are then left in the uncomfortable position of having to relinguish our anger or repress it further.

Sridhar Maharaja calls it a "sweet adjustment". Such is the devotees vision. To me it is painful therapy. I am so stuck in the mental plane I never taste the "sweetness" he speaks of. Maybe someday...

I try to keep this mentality at the forefront, even if it doesn't come naturally at all.

When it come to anger, adult life has been a process of forgiving wrongs from the past, and remembering when I wronged others, surely causing them to harbor similar feelings toward me.

I don't even want to go there when it comes to the land-grabbing proprietors of the property adjoining the house we recently bought...but remembering we are short-term borrowing Krishna's property and paying for it (and our lawyer) with a particular form of material energy called "money" helps keep things in perspective and anger defused.

Past deep-south racist conditioning pops up often as well...go with it on an incident-by-incident basis.

My fundie-Christian cousin expressed incredulous disbelief when I told him I didn't try to analyze people on the basis of "saved" or "unsaved"...I just see people.

If I didn't have the willfully-cultivated ability to at least mentally practice seeing Krishna everywhere, I'd be happily wallowing in and acting on all kinds of negative, hateful, vindictive, and self-pitying feelings. It is painful therapy indeed, to put these aside and go for the bigger vision.

So brutal child rape - is just Krsna in the background. The parent must relinquish the right to get angry.

Karma doesn't spill over from life to life - Christians don't believe in reincarnation.

Really?

In the Bible it says "as you sew, so shall you reap".

If that isn't the law of karma then I don't know what is.

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (karma)

(what goes around comes around)

Really?

In the Bible it says "as you sew, so shall you reap".

If that isn't the law of karma then I don't know what is.

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (karma)

(what goes around comes around)

True that's just basic accountability. Not Krsna in the background.

Nor does it imply reincarnation- inexplicable things in this life carried over from previous lives.

True that's just basic accountability. Not Krsna in the background.

Nor does it imply reincarnation- inexplicable things in this life carried over from previous lives.

On face value it would have to include reincarnation, as otherwise death would somehow undo the law of "as you sew, so shall you reap".

Without reincarnation there could not be in effect the reaping of all one sews.

It's basically the same theory that one's next birth will be determined by the desires in the heart balanced against pious credits or lack thereof.

Anyway, different things have different meanings for different people.

I don't read the Bible from the "Christian" perspective, so I see different meanings than Christians see.

So brutal child rape - is just Krsna in the background. The parent must relinquish the right to get angry.

Free will can be said to be the highest expression of God's love for us.

Of course, the Lord could stop all the nonsense, but that would also stop a lot of the fun.

So brutal child rape - is just Krsna in the background.

What do you mean Krishna in the background?

This world is about illusioned souls creating their own destinies in accordance with the laws of material nature.

Krishna doesn't cause "brutal child rape".

Karmic reactions cause it.

us. And we must forbear.

What BR Sridhar Maharaja is saying is that for ourselves personally to see Krsna behind everything is like a beacon light to us.

In the case of child abuse the perpetrator would still be punished and Krsna would be behind that as well.

I am puzzled by your objection.

Well no Christian thinks Jesus is behind the scenes controlling everything. Karma doesn't spill over from life to life - Christians don't believe in reincarnation.

Most Christians don't really know what they believe or why. Without reincarnation karma makes no sense. In just this one life we see a balance is not reached between what people do and the karma they receive. It takes other lives obviously.

And eternal hell for a 100 years worth of crimes makes no sense either because only an eternity of crimes could merit an eternity of suffering.

For "you reap what you sow" to be true must involved reincarnation.

That one life's misdeeds don't merit eternal hell is logically true, but not true to the orthodox Christian.

In just about every version of Christianity, eternal condemnation isn't the result of any particular crime or even 100 years of genocide. It is every human being's birthright, the result of the sinful nature that was passed to mankind from Adam and Eve.

Per this belief, a saintly person who lives a pure and perfect life is still condemned to hell if not redeemed by personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as savior, while a cannibal serial killer such as Jeffrey Dahmer goes to heaven automatically by such acceptance.

This is why Christians are so resistant to the idea of reincarnation...the idea that there could be repeated chances blows their whole religion out of the water.

There's my answer to the thread title: Yes, even though I think I'm a lost soul, I feel infinitely more loved by Krishna than by the Judeo/Christian "God".

There's my answer to the thread title: Yes, even though I think I'm a lost soul, I feel infinitely more loved by Krishna than by the Judeo/Christian "God".

Or at least the christians presentation of Him.

Most Christians don't really know what they believe or why. Without reincarnation karma makes no sense.For "you reap what you sow" to be true must involved reincarnation.

So much for the moral philosophy of the West. No Westerner from say the early Church fathers to the present believed in reincarnation, nor did they consider the idea of accountability requiring it.

Now the Greeks did believe in it, which if my history is right is where the Judao-Christians theologians got the idea of an immortal soul. Plato had to have been exposed to Vedic teachings - considering his proximity to India.

So much for the moral philosophy of the West. No Westerner from say the early Church fathers to the present believed in reincarnation, nor did they consider the idea of accountability requiring it.

Now the Greeks did believe in it, which if my history is right is where the Judao-Christians theologians got the idea of an immortal soul. Plato had to have been exposed to Vedic teachings - considering his proximity to India.

Some early church fathers did. Origen for example. I don't know their history but the belief was squashed. Why did Plato have to be exposed to the Vedas? Paramatma is in his heart also.

This is rather the actual situation, that present Christians dont believe in an immortal soul.

Listening to most Christians on this subject is most confusing. They uaually say they believe in an immortal soul but have no idea what that really means as they tend to accept that God gave man (humans) a soul at the conception of this body but one that had no existence before that.

Others believe that in what they call the second death where God will extinquish all the souls that did not becomed saved by Jesus. This in lieu of making them suffer in eternal hell.

Rarely will you find one who is clear on the point that we are not humans with a soul but we are souls in a human body.

This is rather the actual situation, that present Christians dont believe in an immortal soul.

Do you have some sort of reference for that?

There are many Christian denominations with many differing official doctrines. Within any of those denominations, no doubt, one can find theologist-philosophers with varrying views.

My understanding is that all Christians believe in an immortal soul (though they differ as to whether non-human animals have souls), but many do not believe in reincarnation.

How can one spend an eternity in heaven or hell if one's soul is not immortal?