IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
indulekhadasi

Lord Siva and Prahlad Maharaja

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna,

I thought it would be interesting to post this, I am just leaving this up to all of you to comment on because I was interested to see your reaction:

Lord Siva and Prahlad Maharaja- Who is Higher?

First of all to judge such great devotees is no easy task. But Lord Siva in Brhad Bhagavatamrita says that Prahlad Maharaja is higher than him. But I was a little bit skeptical at first and dismissed this as humility. But then actually I learned this. Lord Siva is more fortunate than Prahlad Maharaja. Why? Because as Gopiswara Mahadeva he was able to relish the bhavas present in Vrindavana that Prahlad Maharaja was unable to. But also you can say that in the short term Prahlad Maharaja is more fortunate. Why? Because Prahlad is not bound by the three gunas. But Lord Siva was given a post were he presides over those with tama guna. Therefore he has contact. In this way, Lord Siva's words were both humble and had substantial meaning. Actually Lord Siva was given this post because the Lord couldn't find anyone more suitable to preside over souls engrossed in tama guna. And ultimately Lord Siva is more fortunate than Prahlad Maharaja. Prahlad Maharaja is unable to enter Goloka dhama but Lord Siva is able to and was given the opportunity to guard the rasa dance.

Prahlad Maharaja ki Jaya!

Gopiswara Mahadeva ki Jaya!

Nitai Gaura Premanande Hari Hari Bol!

Sridevi dasi

Age 13

In the Gaudiya tradition it is said that Prahlada incarnated in Gaura-lila as Vasudeva Datta -

Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Madhya 15.165

"tomāra vicitra nahe, tumisākṣāt prahlāda

tomāra upare kṛṣṇera sampūrṇa prasāda

SYNONYMS

tomārain you; vicitra nahe — this is not extraordinary; tumi — you; sākṣāt prahlāda — incarnation of Prahlāda Mahārāja; tomāra upare — upon you; kṛṣṇera — of Lord Kṛṣṇa; sampūrṇa — complete; prasāda — mercy.

TRANSLATION

Accepting Vāsudeva Datta as a great devotee, the Lord said, "Such a statement is not at all astonishing because you are the incarnation of Prahlāda Mahārāja. It appears that Lord Kṛṣṇa has bestowed complete mercy upon you. There is no doubt about it.

vraje sthitau gayakau yau

madhukantha-madhuvratau

mukunda-vasudevau tau

dattau gauranga-gayakau

In Vraja there were two singers named Madhukantha and Madhuvrata. They appeared in Chaitanya lila as Mukunda and Vasudeva Datta, who were singers in the society of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.

(Gaura-ganoddesha-dipika 140)

Thus, in Vraja it appears that Prahlada is a cowherd boy named Madhuvrata.

Sri Vasudeva Datta was born in the Chittagong district of modern Bangla Desh, in the village of Chanhara, which is under the jurisdiction of the police station named Patiya. This village is situated ten kosas, or about twenty miles, from the village of Mekhala where Pundarika Vidyanidhi made his home. Mahaprabhu’s associate Mukunda Datta was Vasudeva Datta’s brother.

In the book Prema-vilasa, it is said that Vasudeva was the older of the two and that they were born in an Ambashtha family:

In the district of Chittagong, there is a village named Cakrashala where lives a respectable family of Ambashtha physicians named Datta. Two great devotees named Mukunda Datta and Vasudeva Datta were born into this family. Both Vasudeva the older and Mukunda the younger came to Nabadwip to live.

Vasudeva Datta Thakur had a beautiful voice and was also well versed in the Sangita-shastra. He was one of the chief associates of Mahaprabhu, participating in sankirtan in the home of Srivasa and the streets of Nabadwip. Mahaprabhu enjoyed his association because of his Vaishnava qualities.

Vasudeva Datta is a respected servant of the Lord. A thousand tongues are insufficient to sing his glories.

(Chaitanya Charitamrita 1.10.41)

Mahaprabhu said, “Even though Mukunda has been my companion since childhood, I get even more pleasure when I see you.”

(Chaitanya Charitamrita 2.11.138)

Vasudeva had a particularly close friendship with Srivasa Pandit and Shivananda Sena.He lived near Kumarahatta and Kanchra Para, which were the homes of these two great associates of the Lord. Vasudeva was very generous by nature. Never thinking of himself, he spent his money liberally for others. Mahaprabhu saw this and asked Shivananda Sena to become his sarkhel and supervise his affairs.

Vasudeva’s compassion

Vasudeva was so distressed by the suffering of the living beings that he was ready to accept their sins and suffer in hell, and he prayed emotionally to Mahaprabhu for such a boon:

“My Lord! You have appeared in this world to save it, so please accept my prayer. You are omnipotent and all-merciful, so if you agree to fulfill my request, it can be easily done. When I see the suffering of the world, my heart is torn apart. So I ask you, Lord, give their sins to me. I will take their sins and suffer in hell on their behalf, but please deliver them from their material disease.”

(Chaitanya Charitamrita 2.15.160-163) <!--more-->

He wished to take the sins of every single living being and suffer in hell in their place so that they could be liberated.

(Chaitanya Charitamrita 1.10.42)

When Mahaprabhu heard this emotional plea on behalf of the living beings of the world, he said to Vasudeva:

“You have desired the liberation of all the living beings in the entire universe, so it will be. They will saved without having to suffer the consequences of their sins. Krishna is not incapable of doing it, he has all powers, so why should he make you suffer for their sins? Those whose welfare you desire will all become Vaishnavas, and Krishna removes the sins of all those who are Vaishnava.”

(Chaitanya Charitamrita 2.15.167-169)

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami Thakur writes in his Anubhashya to the Chaitanya Charitamrita: “In the Western world, Christians believe that only their guru, Jesus Christ, appeared in this world out of a desire to suffer on behalf of the people of the world by accepting their sins. But here we see that amongst Mahaprabhu’s associates, Vasudeva Datta Thakur, like Hari Das Thakur, showed a compassion millions of times greater and more generous, as he was willing to suffer in the place of all creatures in the universe. By so doing, he taught the world the unlimited nature of the Vaishnava’s selfless love.”

Raghunatha Das Goswami’s diksha guru, Yadunandana Acharya, was blessed by Vasudeva Datta. The author of Chaitanya Bhagavat, Vrindavan Das Thakur, was born in Mamgachi in Modadrumadvipa, one mile from the Purvasthali station on the Howrah-Katwa line of the Eastern Railway. Vasudeva Datta consecrated the worship of the Madana Gopal deity that is still being worshiped at this site.

We can see just how dear Vasudeva Datta was to Mahaprabhu by the Lord’s statements made when he was visiting Srivasa Pandit’s house in Kumarahatta :

Gaurachandra repeated again and again, “This body of mine belongs to Vasudeva. If he wants to sell me, I allow myself to be sold; I will not do otherwise. I announce this truth to all of you. If someone has even come into the briefest contact with Vasudeva Datta, he will be protected by Krishna. Listen all you Vaishnavas! I tell you the truth: this body of mine belongs to Vasudeva alone.”

(Chaitanya Bhagavat 3.5.27-30)

Thank you for your replies. Is there any reference however that Prahlad Maharaja was able to take up any post in the rasa dance?

"Now let me describe the sons of Diti, who were begotten by Kasyapa but who became demons. In this demoniac family the great devotee Prahlada Maharaja appeared, and Bali Maharaja also appeared in that family. The demons are technically known as Daityas because they proceeded from the womb of Diti." (SB 6.18.10)

This description how Prahlada Maharaja appeared in a demoniac family and how he dealt with that most extreme situation is so wonderful and unique that it was included into the essence of the vedic literature - the most ripened fruit of vedic knowledge - the Srimad-Bhagavatam, 7th Canto.

How this pastime can be dovetailed with the rasa dance?

Hare Krsna. Yes, it is very difficult to place the great mahabhagavatas on a top ten list. Especially the great heroes of our very lives, the ones who we cannot avoid hearing about unless we dry up and wither away.

We have the glorious discussions between Lord Chaitanya and Sri Ramananda raya which gets to the gist of a classification system that begins at a point that is inconceivable to those who still have material desire.. This means that the blade of grass, in the rasa of servitude, consciously softens the ground so their lordships dont scratch their feet. For one who is in this world, conditioned by the big seven (the samsara cycle of birth, death and the stuff between affected by troubles from the mind, and natural and social forces), the lowest post in Vaikuntha is but a dream.

So we hear, chant, and remember, everything connected with the Supreme Lord. In my case, transcendental symptoms occurred not by some imagined gopi bhava, but by seeing Lord Varaha whack the dude drowning my planet. Ecstatic symptoms, hair raising, tears, speechlessness, Im sure this is normal to those I communicate with today. Guha the hunter proudly givnig forest gifts to his friend Srimati Sitadevi produces symptoms. Sri Iswara Puri's selfless service to Srila Madhavendra Puri, OBE for me. Sri Hanuman forgetting which herb to bring back to the war, so he grabs the whole mountain. Silly monkey, but unlimited determination and single focus to rescue Sita from Lanka of the Waves.

Whats the difference? None. Of course, Lord Siva has a direct role in madurya rasa. Just as Srimati Tulasi devi is called manjari. I always cringe when someone will speak of santa rasa and her swarupa being a plant. She is placed in the Hands of Radha, and at the feet of Krsna, so who else facillitates madurya rasa in a more intimate way? The gopis pray to Lord Siva for Love, and He facillitates the whole event.

When we speak of Prahlada and Lord Siva, we are at the same number (no I didnt go empiric mayavad on ya, hear me out, this is sacred geometry at the highest level). We have a listing of all the vaisnavas. Who is at the front of the line? Since we cannot bust in by our own efforts, the only access to any of this is the acarya. So, naturally, the acarya is accepted as non-different than the very first visnu-tattwa expansion of Sri Sesa Balarama, the Lord who we have never been away from.

The acarya concurs that the gopis are topmost, and Ramananda raya knows completely. He is Arjuna, without any more equivocation he had as a warrior. He has received reciprocal love from Krsna, and now, as ramananda raya, he teaches Lord Chaitanya, answers Him fully. Can anyone say that Ramananda raya is left out of madurya rasa? Is King Bhisma deficient laying on the bed of nails? No, he glorifies madurya rasa. Queen Kunthi glorifies madurya rasa.

If one asks the vaisnava acarya who is first in line, they will say that there are twelve authorities on the science of bhakti, meaning authorities on the WHOLE THING, including madurya rasa. Lord Siva and Prahlada Maharaja are both at the head of the table, with the Kumaras, Srila Narada Muni, Lord Brahma and Lord Yamaraja. King Bhisma is there as well as King Bali and King Janaka. Sukadeva Goswami was asked to speak, so he told the WHOLE story, so he sits at the head of the table. Manu is the progenitor and Kapila is knowledge, so they both have the lead.

After these twelve authorities on Bhakti yoga are understood and their authiority accepted, the question of who is where is moot, because one has attained the goal of life, Visnu smaranam, meaning that one is fully engaged in ones real identity.

While Ramananda Raya went through the list, Lord Chaitanya heard ALL the descriptions of High Devotional service. He prodded Ramananda raya on to delve deeper, yet no process is rejected, ramaqnanda was never deemed incorrect.

Again, great post. The author sure has made my day, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Thank you for your replies. Is there any reference however that Prahlad Maharaja was able to take up any post in the rasa dance?

Comparitive rasa can get out of control in the hands of neophytes.

Walk the sacred soil with extreme reverence.

Haribol. Please forgive me. I agree that I was not qualified to speak on this subject I am only a kid.

Thank you and Haribol.

I don't think any of us were offended.

But, we have to remember that there are unlimited numbers of pure devotees in the other rasas than Madhurya rasa.

Apparently, there are many devotees that find their ultimate attainment in friendship, parenthood and servitiude.

Since you have access to Brhat Bhagavatamritam maybe you can just study it more and more and try to find out more about how Sanatan Goswami has shown the progressive levels of rasa and Krishna consciousness.

Sanatan Goswami's conclusions are most authoritative.

But, if then the topic get's changed to Lord Siva's gopi form or Prahlada's form in Vraja, then the issues get's clouded because the actual question is concerning Lord Siva and Prahlada - not their spiritual identities in Vraja but their personalities as Lord Siva and Prahlada.

Because like I am saying that in the material world Lord Siva is considered greater than Lord Brahma, but in Lord Brahma's spiritual identity he is a maideservant of Krishna, so in that way Lord Siva is not superior to Lord Brahma.

So, the comparison is Lord Siva and Prahlada - not who they are in their Vraja forms.

Haribol, indulekhadasi. Your posting is very nice and, as previously mentioned, full of meaning. There is never any dangerous ground in the wonderment of the glories of the great devotees. Some may try to dissuade you, citing purity, but this is never the case.

Reading Chaitanya Charitamrta, we find controversy as to who is who in the lila of Lord Chaitanya. Co-incidently, Prahlada is the center of a minor controversy involving the studies of gaura ganodesh dapika (the thesis on personalities of gauranga lila and who they are in other associations with the Supreme Lord in various incarnations). In this thesis, (GGD), Prahlada is stated to be a particular devotee, yet a great acarya disputes this and poses that Prahlada is another. This is transcendental controversy, and neither the acarya nor the thesis is proven incorrect, both versions are joyously accepted by the vaisnava.

There is, however, disturbance when nectar is touched by the lips of a serpant. Non-devotee commentary should always be avoided, however, the vaisnava is always heard with rapt attention and the words emanating from the lips of such vaisnavas are the nectar for which we are all anxious (even if the lips are only 13 years old). The qualification is simply that one is a devotee, and Srimad Bhagavatam confirms that even if words are improperly composed, the devotee composition is heard by thoroughly honest people and accepted as life itself.

This idea of madurya rasa is very touchy, not because it is a touchy subject, but rather because some have a little knowledge (very dangerous) yet are still fully enveloped with the anger and envy of the materialist. In swuch a state, there is high and low, and unfortunate transferrance occurs when delving into madurya rasa. However, the atmosphere of rasa lila is not the void, there is not JUST krsna and the gopis. There is an entire and full infrastructure of Gokuladhama. There is no rasa dance without the grasses, the lowing cows, the flute, the soft grasses, the peacocks. Srila Prabhupada never teaches that we are all gopis. In fact, he teaches that our parampara is the facillitator of madurya rasa, meaning that the grasses, the cows, the boys (gopas), the parents (the wives of the brahmanas) all work in cooperative unison to ensure Radha Krsna lila. There is no gopi envy, no feeling of insignificance as a lowly grass clump. The key to Srila Prabhupadas teachings on madurya rasa is actually on the cover of his first canto of Srimad bhagavatam. There is a depiction of Goloka Vrndavana, Krsna dancing with the gopis. On the side in observance of this full krsna consciousness is Lord Chaitanyas samkirtana party. The purport of this picture is that those who hear and chant and remember the glorious pastimes of Sri Sri Radha Krsna are also fully engaged in madurya rasa as well.

Anyway, just writing to congratulate you on your posting here, and sincerely hope you are not dissuaded from participating. Your original post shows no evidence of lack of qualification due to age, in fact, your age may just well be a signal of very apt qualification. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Haribol. Please forgive me. I agree that I was not qualified to speak on this subject I am only a kid.

Thank you and Haribol.

So are the Kumaras, Prahlada and Dhruva when he went to the forest to find God.

kumaras.jpg

SHREERÄDHÄKRSHNACHAITANYÄY NAMAH

SHREECHAITANYA MAHÄPRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREENITYÄNANDA PRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREE SHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

JAY JAY SHREEBHAKTA VRNDA...

i'm sorry, but this is an extremely offensive post...it might've been done outta sheer innocence, but it has serious repercussions....

firstly, only material things can be compared, not the Spiritual...

and even for comparing material objects or characters, one should be thorough with all aspects...and i'm sure even Brahmäjee knows as good as nothing about Lord Shiva.

in Padmna Puräna and ShreePadma Puräna, Bhagavän ShreeKRSHNA HIMSELF reveals that whosoever tries to differntiates between HIMSELF and LORD SHIVA is surely chasing down the darkest hell.

one may also refer Shreel Bhaktisiddhänta Sarasvateejee purport to Brahma Samhitä 5.45, wherein he clearly states that LORD SHIVA is not a separate GODHEAD.

Bhagavän ShreeShiva serves the LORD in all the Possible ways To HIS SupremeBELOVED SHREEKRSHNA...

>shanta bhava:-in the deepest of Samädhi, HE meditates and loving serves LotusFeet of Bhagavän ShreeRäma

>däsya rasa: takes up, as the 12th Rudra, as Lord Hanumänjee Mahäräj,

appears as ShreeMuräri Gupt to serve ShreeChaitanya Mahärpabhujee,

>sakhya bhäva and Vätsalya Bhäva: In the early leeläs of ShreeChaitanya Mahäprabhujee, HE fully relishes the vätsalya bhäva, as HE gives HIM the name, HE relishes HIS LOVE by gifting lots of clothes and ornaments to BabyGaura, also time and again inviting HIM to HIS place for Lunch and Dinner and later in ShreeGaura's yauvana leeläs, HE relishes some sakhya bhäva by falsely propounding the advaita mayavad and yoga Väshishta philosophies to get a sweetsmack from ShreeGaura, there are innumerable and infinite Leeläs that a stoolworm like me or Even ShreeAnantaShesha cannot narrate...

>and also in the Mädhurya Bhäva, LordShiva is the ShiväniGopee, to exchange deepest emotions with Bhagavän ShreeKRHSNA.

however, it should also be kept well in mind that, ShreeKRHSNA is the ÄdiPurusha, the ORIGINAL PERSON, but that just doesnt mean that LORD SHREESHIVA is higher or lower than HIM, or rather there is no scope for any comparison only.

the spiritual intellegence is beyond material intellegence and parameters so one should not dare delve into it or one may get ruined...

Lord Shiva cannot be a mere demigod, as HE Supervises the the function of cosmic annihilation in which even all the demigods have to loose their bodies.

And BhaktaShreePrahlädajee is a devotee...a shuddha bhakta. Nothing more can i say, but it is heartbreaking and sad that such comparisons are made here.

pls. forgive me for my impudence but this is just not done...if one is tryin' to floow the footsteps shown by SHREEMAHÄPRABHUJEE. Even ShreeMahäprabhujee has compiled a Shiväshtakam that HE daily used to Recite...view attachment

SHREENITÄIIGAURAPREMÄNANDE...SHREEGAURAHARIBOL

ÇRÉ ÇIVÄÑÖAKAM (Composed by ÇréChaitanya Mahäprabhujé Himself).doc

Whatever I wrote came straight from the Brihad Bhagavatamrita, written by Srila Sanatan Goswami. Therefore I suggest you read that book and then report back here.

Who are we to judge these great personalities. They are maha bhagavatas in their own specific rasa. But there are gradations of rasa also, although each rasa is filled with deep love.

What about Sri Sivastakam? is bonafide?

I researched a little about Sivastakam, when I read your question. The benefits of this astakam is that you will attain the abode of Lord Shiva at the end of your life. If this is your goal then there is no problem. But if you wish to go somewhere else (abodes of Krishna, Narayana, Rama etc.), then I think you should chant prayers to Gopishwara Mahadeva instead.

please excuse pralad and the boy shiva in tapaysia all ways strike me alike one wild one soft , when my nerology is coking i cool my self by imagining the other day i imagined shiva in tapasaysia a lotus leaf opened and instead of shiva a very gentle boy apeared as pralad at which point the beast in me said he only speaks when he chooses and then forgets again and mind said slow what is that feeling i imagined again into everything to see if i could understand and the lotus leaf appeared with pralad again the beast said the same and forgot and mind said meditate on the feeling i also do pulsing on my self to feel the suptle change overs in my neroulogy and then cognition and recognition mind body same reflection but something watching soul paramatma i walk slow to speak so but interesting thread for me to weave thank you

SHREESHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

JAY JAY SHREEBHAKTA VRUNDA...

What about Sri Sivastakam? is bonafide?

no...no...i'm misleading u guys...huh!:confused:

This Shivästaka is found in ShreeChaitanya Charita Mahäkävya, composed by ShreeMuräri Gupta!

SHREENITÄIIGAURA PREMÄNANDE...SHREEGAURAHARIBOL

GURU SHREECHAITANYA MAHÄPRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREESHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

The benefits of this astakam is that you will attain the abode of Lord Shiva at the end of your life. If this is your goal then there is no problem. But if you wish to go somewhere else (abodes of Krishna, Narayana, Rama etc.), then I think you should chant prayers to Gopishwara Mahadeva instead.

probably däseejee, you havent read the Shivästakam properly, i'm copying the whole text here for a better reference...and the Shivästaka has been found in the authentic Shästra of ShreeChaitanya Charita Mahäkävya from ShreeMuräri Guptajee.

Çré Çiväñöakam

(Composed by the Supreme Lord Çré Gauräìga Mahäprabhu Himself)

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN: auto auto auto 41.4pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 315pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=420 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 315pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=420>

namo namaste tri-daçeçvaräya bhütädi näthäya mådäya nityam

gaìgä-taraìgotthita-bäla-candra-cüòäya gauré-nayanotsaväya (i)

namo nama - repeated obeisances; te - to you; tri-daça-éñvaräya - to the lord of the 30 principal demigods; bhüta - of all beings; ädi-näthäya - unto the Primeval Lord; mådäya - to the gracious one ; nityam - perpetually; gaìgä-taraìga - the waves of the Gaìgä; utthita - arises; bäla-candra - by the new moon; cüdäya - crested; gauri - for the goddess Gauré (the fairest of women); nayana-utsavaya - to the festival for the eyes.

"I perpetually offer obeisances unto You, the Lord of the thirty primal devas, Who are the Original Father of created beings, Whose character is Gracious, upon Whose Head, which is crested by the sickle moon, the Gaìgäjé springs, and Who are a festival for the eyes of Çrématé Gaurédevé.

sutapta cämékara-candra-néla-padma-pravälämbuda-känti-vastraiù

sa nåtya-raìgeñöa-vara-pradäya kaivalya-näthäya våña-dhvajäya (ii)

su-tapta - molten; cämikära - gold; candra - moon; néla-padma - blue lotus; praväla - budding; ambuda - cloud; känti - luster; vastraiù - with garments; sa - He; nåtya-raìga - of pleasure-dancing; ita - desired; vara-pradäya - to You, Who bestow the boon; kaivalya-näthäya - to the Lord of the monists; våña-dhvajäya - to He, Whose flag bears a bull.

"I offer My obeisances to You, Who resemble a moon of molten gold, Who are dressed in garments colored like a group of budding blue lotuses or lustrous rainclouds, Who bestow the most desirable boon to Your devotees by Your delightful dancing, Who offer shelter to those who seek to attain kaivalya mokña (to become one with the transcendental effulgence of Godhead), and Whose flag bears the image of the bull.

sudhaàçu-süryägni-vilocanena tamo-bhide te jagataù çiväya

sahasra-çubhräàçu-sahasra-raçmi-sahasra-saïjit-tvara-tejase'stu (iii)

sudhäàçu - nectar-rayed (moon); sürya - sun; agni - fire; vilocanena - by Your Eyes; tamo-bhide - the dissipater of darkness; te - to You; jagataù - of the cosmos; çiväya - for auspiciousness; sahasra - a thousand; çubhräàçu - white-rayed (moon) sahasra-raçmi - the thousand-rayed sun; sahasra - a thousand; saïjit - completely defeated; tvara - swift; tejase - to You, Whose power; astu - let it be.

"I offer My obeisances to You, Who dispel darkness with Your three eyes - the moon, the sun, and fire - and thus cause auspiciousness for all the jévätmäs (living entities of the universe), and Whose potency easily defeats thousands of moons and suns.

nägeça-ratnojjvala-vigrahäya çärdüla-carmämçuka-divya-tejase

sahasra-patropari saàsthitäya varäìgadä-mukta-bhuja-dvayäya (iv)

näga-éça - the king of snakes; ratna - gems; ujjvala - luminous; vigrahäya - to You Whose Form; çärdüla-carma - skins of tigers; amçuka - garments; divya-tejase - to you of divine potency; sahasra-patra-upari - upon a thousand-petalled lotus; saàsthitäya - to You Who stand; vara-aìgada - with beautiful bangles; amukta - dressed; bhuja-dvayäya - to you whose two arms are such.

"I offer My obeisances to You, Whose Form is brilliantly illuminated by the jewels of Ananta-deva, the king of snakes, Who possess divine potencies and are clothed in a tiger-skin, Who stands in the midst of a thousand-petalled lotus, and Whose two Arms are adorned by lustrous bangles.

su-nüpurä-räìjita-päda-padma kñarat-sudhä-bhåtya-sukha-pradäya

vicitra-ratnaugha-vibhüñitäya premänam evädya harau videhi (v)

su-nüpura - fine anklebells; aräìjita - reddish; päda-padma - lotus feet; kñarat - flowing; sudhä - nectar; båhtya - to your servants; sukha-pradäya - to You Who give joy; vicitra - wonderful; ratna-ogha - a multitude of jewels; vibhuçitäya - to You Who are adorned; premänam - love; eva - certainly; ädya - today; harau - for Hari; vidhehi - You should endow.

"I offer My obeisances to You, Who bestow happiness to your servitors as You pour upon them the liquid nectar flowing from Your reddish lotus Feet, upon Which charming ankle bells ring. Obeisances unto You, Who are adorned by an abundance of gems. Please endow Me today with pure love for Çré Hari.

ÇréRäma Govinda Mukunda Çaure, Çré-KÅÑNA Näräyaëa Väsudeva

ity ädi-namämåta-päna-matta- bhåìgädhi-päyäkhila-dukha-hantre (vi)

Çré-Räma - O splendid reservoir of pleasure!; Govinda - O awarder of delight to the cows, the senses and the land!; Mukunda - O giver of liberation!; Çaure - O hero!; Çré-Kåñëa - O all-attractive!; näräyaëa - O shelter of mankind!; väsudeva - O all-pervading Lord, son of Vasudeva!; iti - thus; ädi - headed by; namämåa - nectarean names; päna - drinking; matta - intoxicated; bhånga - bee; adhipaya - unto the monarch; akhila - all; duhkha-hantre - unto the slayer of grief.

"`O Çré Räma! O Çré Govinda! O Çré Mukunda! O Çré Çauri! O Çré KÅÑËA! O ÇréNäräyäëa! O Vasudeva!' I offer my obeisances unto you, Çré Siva, Who are the monarch ruling over all the bee-like devotees who are mad to drink the nectar of these and other innumerable names of ÇréHari, and Who thus destroys all grief.

çré näradädyaiù satataà, sugopya-jijïäsitä-yäçu vara-pradäya

tebhyo harer bhakti-sukha-pradäya, çiväya sarva-gurave namo namaù (vii)

Çré-Närada-ädyaiù - by those headed by Çréla Närada Muni; satatam - always; su-gopya - very confidential; jijïäsitäya - to You Who are inquired of; äçu - easily; vara-pradäya - to You Who give boons; tebhya - to them; Hare - of Lord ÇréHari; bhakti-sukha-pradäya - to You Eho give the joy of devotional service; Çiväya - to the auspicious; sarva-gurave - to the guru of all; namaù - obeisances.

"I offer my respectful obeisances to You, O Çré Siva, Who are forever inquired of confidentially by Çréla Närada and other great sages, Who, very easily bestow boons on them, Who bestow the änanda of ÇréHari-bhakti to those who seek boons of You, Who thereby create auspiciousness and are thus the Guru of everyone.

çré gauré-netrosava-maìgaläya, tat-präëa-näthäya rasa-pradäya

sadä samutkaëöha-govinda-lélä-gäna-praviëäya, namo'stu tubhyam (viii)

Çré-Gauré-netra - for the eyes of Çré Gauré; utsava-maìgaläya - to You Who are an auspicious festival; tat-präëa-näthäya - to the lord of Çrématé Gaurédevé's life breath; rasa-pradäya - to the giver of rasa; sadä - always; samutkanöha - with great longing; Govinda-Lélä - of the pastimes of Lord ÇréGovinda; gäna-praviëäya - to the expert singer; nama - obeisances; astu - let there be; tubhyam - to You.

"I offer My obeisances to You, who are a festival of auspiciousness for the eyes of Çrématé Gaurédevé, Who are the Lord of Her life-energy, Who bestow rasa and are expert in forever singing songs with eagerness of the pastimes of ÇréGovinda."

etat çivasyäñöakam adbhutaà mahat, çåëvan hari-prema labheta çéghram

jïänam ca vijïänam apürva-vaibhavaà, yo bhäva-pürëaù paramaà samädaram (ix)

etat – this; çivasyäñöakam – this eight-fold prayers, glorifying Lord Çaìkar; adbhutaà - - unprecedented; mahat – greatness; çåëvan – to listen with rapt attention; Hari-prema - Unmotivated Devotional Service towards Lord ÇréHari; labheta – be benefited with; çéghram - instantly; jïänam - devotional knowledge (eternal); ca – and; vijïänam – science of devotion; apürva-vaibhavam – unprecedented opulence (for higher service); yo bhäva-pürëah – with heart filled with love; paramaà samädaram- with highest respect.

“A jéva filled with, who hears with rapt attention this wonderful eight-fold prayer to Lord Çiva, can quickly achieve viçuddha niñkäm prema for ÇréKåñëa (ÇréHari-prema) as well as transcendental knowledge, the realization of that divine knowledge, and unprecedented powers."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ÇRÉNITÄÉGAURA PREMÄNADE…ÇRÉNITÄÉGAURAHARIBOL

ShreeMahäprabhujee is clearly teaching through this Shiväshtaka that, Bhagavän ShreeShiva is the bestower of Shuddha Krshnaprema, alll throughout the Stuti and especially in the final stanza, HE teaches us to, beg to Lord Shiva to kindly bestow the Shuddha Prema for SHREEKRSHNA (HIM). So, the aim is to Serve and get Vishuddha premäbhakti towards the LotusFeet of ShreeKrushna! where is the question here to go to the Shivaloka?

SHREESHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

Whatever I wrote came straight from the Brihad Bhagavatamrita, written by Srila Sanatan Goswami. Therefore I suggest you read that book and then report back here.

probably you are hinting at 3.75 from ShreeBrihad Bhägavatämritam...

the shloka is

tvat-tätato mad-garudäditash ca

shriyo 'pi kärunya-vishesha-pätram

prahläda eva prathito jagatyäm

Krishnasya bhakto nitaräm priyash ca

tvat-of you; tätatah-than the father; mat-than me; garuda-aditah-than the other devotees headed by Garuda; shriyah-than the Goddess of fortune; api-even; karunya-of mercy; vishesha-the specific; patram-the object; Prahlädah-Prahläda; eva-certainly; prathitah-is celebrated; jagatyäm-in the universe; Krishnasya-of Lord SHREEKRSHNA; bhaktah-the devotee; nitaräm-very; priyah-dear; ca-and

"Prahläda, whose fame as a great devotee is spread throughout the entire universe, is more dear to Lord ShreeKrshna than your father, than me, than Garuda and all the other devotees, and even than the goddess of fortune herself."

------

but even ShreeKRSHNA Bhagavän has time and again put HIS Shuddha Bhakta Higher than HIM, stating that HE is indebted to them etc., but its only HIS unfathomable HUMILITY! and nothing else!:crying2:

Moreoever, its evident and clear that Prahläda Mahäräja is a disciple of Shreela Näradajee, who is a devotee of both Bhagavän Shiva and ShreeVishnu!:)

while you pointed out Bhagavän ShreeShiva's statement that ShreelPrahläda Mahäräja is a better devotee than HIM (ShreeBrihad Bhägavatämritam 3.75), you definitely missed properly reading 4.20, further in ShreemadBhrihad Bhägavatämrita...

the Shloka is

hanumad-ädi-vat tasya

käpi seva kritästi na

param vighnäkule citte

smaraëam kriyate mayä

hanumat-ShreeHanumänjee Mahäräja; ädi-beginning with; vat-like; tasya-of Him; ka api-something; sevä-service; krita-performed; asti-is; na-not; param-greatly; vighna-with troubles; äkule-troubled; citte-in the heart; smaranam-remembrance; kriyate-is done; mayä-by me.

I never rendered direct service to the Lord as ShreeHanumänajee Mahäräjajee and many others, did. I simply meditated on the Lord when my heart was troubled.

------------------------

now, this is what ShreelPrahlädajee Mahäräja has to say...

and you might be aware of the Truth that Hanumänajee Mahäräja is the twelfth Rudra, i.e. incarnation of Bhagavän ShreeShiva!

you should've mentioned this Truth your thread/post!

So, in that case, the Truth is that Bhagavän Shiva is not Higher than Bhagavän ShreeKrshna, HE is a ShreeKrshnasvarüpa!

anyway, once more, seeking apologies if any reader is genuinly hurt! But its a Vedic Declaration that where there is nindä of HariHara, one should quit that place immidiately or give up body! And, considering ShreeSadäShiva a demigod or a yogi or mere a Vaishnava is indeed very offensive for a True Vaishnava.

SHREENITÄIIGAURAHARIBOL

i think its more of a core-feeling for a sädhaka then a topic of intellectual discussion.

and in anycase, Shreela Sanätana Gosvämeejee may do this in HIS Rasika mood, us fallen jeevas, should not dare do this!

SHREERÄDHÄKRSHNÄBHYÄM NAMAH

SHREENITÄIIGAURAHARIBOL

SHREESHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

Who are we to judge these great personalities. They are maha bhagavatas in their own specific rasa. But there are gradations of rasa also, although each rasa is filled with deep love.

thats where the emphasis is...

one should not enter with material intellect in the spiritual realm, or downfall is more than just guaranteed!

all the rasas may be filled with deep love but the degree of depth changes and from the bottom in the däsya bhäva, it reaches the peak at the mädhurya bhäva, as clearly instructed ShreeMahäprabhujee through HIS ferretting dialogues with (between Bhagavän ShreeChaitanya Mahäprabhujee and) ShreelRämänanda Räyajee.

forgive me for my impudence, though, but these topics are too sensitive for us fallens to craft our intellect over, its for the likes and heights of ShreeSanätanajee.

GURU SHREECHAITANYA MAHÄPRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREESHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

probably däseejee, you havent read the Shivästakam properly, i'm copying the whole text here for a better reference...and the Shivästaka has been found in the authentic Shästra of ShreeChaitanya Charita Mahäkävya from ShreeMuräri Guptajee.

Çré Çiväñöakam

(Composed by the Supreme Lord Çré Gauräìga Mahäprabhu Himself)

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN: auto auto auto 41.4pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 315pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=420 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 315pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=420>

namo namaste tri-daçeçvaräya bhütädi näthäya mådäya nityam

gaìgä-taraìgotthita-bäla-candra-cüòäya gauré-nayanotsaväya (i)

namo nama - repeated obeisances; te - to you; tri-daça-éñvaräya - to the lord of the 30 principal demigods; bhüta - of all beings; ädi-näthäya - unto the Primeval Lord; mådäya - to the gracious one ; nityam - perpetually; gaìgä-taraìga - the waves of the Gaìgä; utthita - arises; bäla-candra - by the new moon; cüdäya - crested; gauri - for the goddess Gauré (the fairest of women); nayana-utsavaya - to the festival for the eyes.

"I perpetually offer obeisances unto You, the Lord of the thirty primal devas, Who are the Original Father of created beings, Whose character is Gracious, upon Whose Head, which is crested by the sickle moon, the Gaìgäjé springs, and Who are a festival for the eyes of Çrématé Gaurédevé.

sutapta cämékara-candra-néla-padma-pravälämbuda-känti-vastraiù

sa nåtya-raìgeñöa-vara-pradäya kaivalya-näthäya våña-dhvajäya (ii)

su-tapta - molten; cämikära - gold; candra - moon; néla-padma - blue lotus; praväla - budding; ambuda - cloud; känti - luster; vastraiù - with garments; sa - He; nåtya-raìga - of pleasure-dancing; ita - desired; vara-pradäya - to You, Who bestow the boon; kaivalya-näthäya - to the Lord of the monists; våña-dhvajäya - to He, Whose flag bears a bull.

"I offer My obeisances to You, Who resemble a moon of molten gold, Who are dressed in garments colored like a group of budding blue lotuses or lustrous rainclouds, Who bestow the most desirable boon to Your devotees by Your delightful dancing, Who offer shelter to those who seek to attain kaivalya mokña (to become one with the transcendental effulgence of Godhead), and Whose flag bears the image of the bull.

sudhaàçu-süryägni-vilocanena tamo-bhide te jagataù çiväya

sahasra-çubhräàçu-sahasra-raçmi-sahasra-saïjit-tvara-tejase'stu (iii)

sudhäàçu - nectar-rayed (moon); sürya - sun; agni - fire; vilocanena - by Your Eyes; tamo-bhide - the dissipater of darkness; te - to You; jagataù - of the cosmos; çiväya - for auspiciousness; sahasra - a thousand; çubhräàçu - white-rayed (moon) sahasra-raçmi - the thousand-rayed sun; sahasra - a thousand; saïjit - completely defeated; tvara - swift; tejase - to You, Whose power; astu - let it be.

"I offer My obeisances to You, Who dispel darkness with Your three eyes - the moon, the sun, and fire - and thus cause auspiciousness for all the jévätmäs (living entities of the universe), and Whose potency easily defeats thousands of moons and suns.

nägeça-ratnojjvala-vigrahäya çärdüla-carmämçuka-divya-tejase

sahasra-patropari saàsthitäya varäìgadä-mukta-bhuja-dvayäya (iv)

näga-éça - the king of snakes; ratna - gems; ujjvala - luminous; vigrahäya - to You Whose Form; çärdüla-carma - skins of tigers; amçuka - garments; divya-tejase - to you of divine potency; sahasra-patra-upari - upon a thousand-petalled lotus; saàsthitäya - to You Who stand; vara-aìgada - with beautiful bangles; amukta - dressed; bhuja-dvayäya - to you whose two arms are such.

"I offer My obeisances to You, Whose Form is brilliantly illuminated by the jewels of Ananta-deva, the king of snakes, Who possess divine potencies and are clothed in a tiger-skin, Who stands in the midst of a thousand-petalled lotus, and Whose two Arms are adorned by lustrous bangles.

su-nüpurä-räìjita-päda-padma kñarat-sudhä-bhåtya-sukha-pradäya

vicitra-ratnaugha-vibhüñitäya premänam evädya harau videhi (v)

su-nüpura - fine anklebells; aräìjita - reddish; päda-padma - lotus feet; kñarat - flowing; sudhä - nectar; båhtya - to your servants; sukha-pradäya - to You Who give joy; vicitra - wonderful; ratna-ogha - a multitude of jewels; vibhuçitäya - to You Who are adorned; premänam - love; eva - certainly; ädya - today; harau - for Hari; vidhehi - You should endow.

"I offer My obeisances to You, Who bestow happiness to your servitors as You pour upon them the liquid nectar flowing from Your reddish lotus Feet, upon Which charming ankle bells ring. Obeisances unto You, Who are adorned by an abundance of gems. Please endow Me today with pure love for Çré Hari.

ÇréRäma Govinda Mukunda Çaure, Çré-KÅÑNA Näräyaëa Väsudeva

ity ädi-namämåta-päna-matta- bhåìgädhi-päyäkhila-dukha-hantre (vi)

Çré-Räma - O splendid reservoir of pleasure!; Govinda - O awarder of delight to the cows, the senses and the land!; Mukunda - O giver of liberation!; Çaure - O hero!; Çré-Kåñëa - O all-attractive!; näräyaëa - O shelter of mankind!; väsudeva - O all-pervading Lord, son of Vasudeva!; iti - thus; ädi - headed by; namämåa - nectarean names; päna - drinking; matta - intoxicated; bhånga - bee; adhipaya - unto the monarch; akhila - all; duhkha-hantre - unto the slayer of grief.

"`O Çré Räma! O Çré Govinda! O Çré Mukunda! O Çré Çauri! O Çré KÅÑËA! O ÇréNäräyäëa! O Vasudeva!' I offer my obeisances unto you, Çré Siva, Who are the monarch ruling over all the bee-like devotees who are mad to drink the nectar of these and other innumerable names of ÇréHari, and Who thus destroys all grief.

çré näradädyaiù satataà, sugopya-jijïäsitä-yäçu vara-pradäya

tebhyo harer bhakti-sukha-pradäya, çiväya sarva-gurave namo namaù (vii)

Çré-Närada-ädyaiù - by those headed by Çréla Närada Muni; satatam - always; su-gopya - very confidential; jijïäsitäya - to You Who are inquired of; äçu - easily; vara-pradäya - to You Who give boons; tebhya - to them; Hare - of Lord ÇréHari; bhakti-sukha-pradäya - to You Eho give the joy of devotional service; Çiväya - to the auspicious; sarva-gurave - to the guru of all; namaù - obeisances.

"I offer my respectful obeisances to You, O Çré Siva, Who are forever inquired of confidentially by Çréla Närada and other great sages, Who, very easily bestow boons on them, Who bestow the änanda of ÇréHari-bhakti to those who seek boons of You, Who thereby create auspiciousness and are thus the Guru of everyone.

çré gauré-netrosava-maìgaläya, tat-präëa-näthäya rasa-pradäya

sadä samutkaëöha-govinda-lélä-gäna-praviëäya, namo'stu tubhyam (viii)

Çré-Gauré-netra - for the eyes of Çré Gauré; utsava-maìgaläya - to You Who are an auspicious festival; tat-präëa-näthäya - to the lord of Çrématé Gaurédevé's life breath; rasa-pradäya - to the giver of rasa; sadä - always; samutkanöha - with great longing; Govinda-Lélä - of the pastimes of Lord ÇréGovinda; gäna-praviëäya - to the expert singer; nama - obeisances; astu - let there be; tubhyam - to You.

"I offer My obeisances to You, who are a festival of auspiciousness for the eyes of Çrématé Gaurédevé, Who are the Lord of Her life-energy, Who bestow rasa and are expert in forever singing songs with eagerness of the pastimes of ÇréGovinda."

etat çivasyäñöakam adbhutaà mahat, çåëvan hari-prema labheta çéghram

jïänam ca vijïänam apürva-vaibhavaà, yo bhäva-pürëaù paramaà samädaram (ix)

etat – this; çivasyäñöakam – this eight-fold prayers, glorifying Lord Çaìkar; adbhutaà - - unprecedented; mahat – greatness; çåëvan – to listen with rapt attention; Hari-prema - Unmotivated Devotional Service towards Lord ÇréHari; labheta – be benefited with; çéghram - instantly; jïänam - devotional knowledge (eternal); ca – and; vijïänam – science of devotion; apürva-vaibhavam – unprecedented opulence (for higher service); yo bhäva-pürëah – with heart filled with love; paramaà samädaram- with highest respect.

“A jéva filled with, who hears with rapt attention this wonderful eight-fold prayer to Lord Çiva, can quickly achieve viçuddha niñkäm prema for ÇréKåñëa (ÇréHari-prema) as well as transcendental knowledge, the realization of that divine knowledge, and unprecedented powers."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ÇRÉNITÄÉGAURA PREMÄNADE…ÇRÉNITÄÉGAURAHARIBOL

ShreeMahäprabhujee is clearly teaching through this Shiväshtaka that, Bhagavän ShreeShiva is the bestower of Shuddha Krshnaprema, alll throughout the Stuti and especially in the final stanza, HE teaches us to, beg to Lord Shiva to kindly bestow the Shuddha Prema for SHREEKRSHNA (HIM). So, the aim is to Serve and get Vishuddha premäbhakti towards the LotusFeet of ShreeKrushna! where is the question here to go to the Shivaloka?

Sorry, I read a different Sivastakam, this one is definitely bona-fide, being composed by the Supreme Lord Himself.

Sorry, I read a different Sivastakam, this one is definitely bona-fide, being composed by the Supreme Lord Himself.

where can i get this book online? (Sri Chaitanya Charita)