IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Is Jesus also Vishnu?

Rate this topic

Vaisnavas are Christians, so they must not try to convert Christians. Christians are Vaisnavaas, so they must not try to convert Vaisnavaas. Instead, they must be colaborate, even if they cannot aggree in everything. Not all Vaisnavaas agree in everything, there are many Vaisnava sects, e.g. the Swaaminaaraaya,naas, who differ in their idea about Krsna, but they are Vaisnavaas too, and their mantra, Swaaminaaraaya,na, is good. So Christians should be recognised as a Vaisnava sect, although they do not agree in everything. Our minds are deluded because we are in Kali yuga, so we cannot agree in everything, but all Vaisnava sects, who believe that God is love, including Christians, should ally. Otherwise, it is only fanaticism that works to empower Kali even more.

OM IIShA KR,S,NA!

How you can equate christians with Vaishnavas????

Whether any vaishnava sampradaya have accepted it????

A worshipper of Lord Shiva cannot be considered as Vaishnava then how come worshipper of Jesus can be considered as Vaishnava.

There are various vaishnava sect but all are worshipping Lord Narayana(Ram,Krishna,Vishnu).

Hence stop all this mental speculation.

Pranaam

Jesus with lottsa of power was sent to that part of the world to help people and show them the direction and was told how to lead a spiritual life.

so was Sitting Bull, the great apostle of the Ghost Dance :)

A worshipper of Lord Shiva cannot be considered as Vaishnava then how come worshipper of Jesus can be considered as Vaishnava.

Shiva is a form of Visnu, so even Shaivas worship Visnu while they don't know it.

Krsna said "among all Shivas, i m Shankara". There is nothing except Krsna.

Work to unite people, do not work to divide.

If fact, Krsna worship cannot unite people, because most people in this age are pashughnas, so they cannot understand Krsna.

One thing can unite all people: the SAAWITRII gaayatrii, samano mantra, which is for all people regardless of religion. Even buddhists should use the SAAWITRII, because it is not against their beliefs, although it comes from the Veda.

Pay tribute to Mahaatma Gandhi; to the Christians he said "i m Christian". To the Jainas he said "i m Jaina". To Shaivas he said "i m a Shaiva", and so on. He was not a liar. His personal deity was lord Raama. This is the best example for all people to follow.

It is easy to divide; it is good to unite.

Shiva is a form of Visnu, so even Shaivas worship Visnu while they don't know it.

Krsna said "among all Shivas, i m Shankara". There is nothing except Krsna.

Work to unite people, do not work to divide.

If fact, Krsna worship cannot unite people, because most people in this age are pashughnas, so they cannot understand Krsna.

One thing can unite all people: the SAAWITRII gaayatrii, samano mantra, which is for all people regardless of religion. Even buddhists should use the SAAWITRII, because it is not against their beliefs, although it comes from the Veda.

Pay tribute to Mahaatma Gandhi; to the Christians he said "i m Christian". To the Jainas he said "i m Jaina". To Shaivas he said "i m a Shaiva", and so on. He was not a liar. His personal deity was lord Raama. This is the best example for all people to follow.

It is easy to divide; it is good to unite.

I like your broad minded inclusiveness in regards to theism. That is always a beautiful thing to see such a broad minded approach. :)

I like your broad minded inclusiveness in regards to theism. That is always a beautiful thing to see such a broad minded approach. :)

You like broad minded thinking? Then you will have no problems with

"Vishnu is a form of Shiva. Anyone who worships Vishnu is a Shaiva without knowing it".

"Vishnu is a form of Shiva. Anyone who worships Vishnu is a Shaiva without knowing it".

HUH???:confused: Where did that come from?

HUH?

If the mumbai taxi drivers says "this is my destination" --how can I protest that it is not?

If I commit adultry I can say that I was worshipping my married spouse [without knowing it]-- and so the blessings shall be forthcoming none the less.

Right, your honor?

------------

2) Back to the father's Son:

Jesus is avatara [literally if Jesus is "at the right hand of the father" --that may be Lord Brahma's son].

When an avatar does a Boddhisattva Mission his bragging rights are predicated on how many converts are accrued-- when Jesus's pastimes where finished the result was the world population could assert their god-given "human-right" anthem: "we are not this body, we are spirit soul~ergo, devotional service in this life will lead the eternal (non-material )soul back home back to Godhead".

--FIN--

So now every one can go back to their duties while proclaiming that there is a world in the here-after & that the soul is not slain when the body expires--this can be easily understood by every common denizen of the ancient world. Now please study your Bhagavad-gita for the complete mercy, at your service.

Bet AM does not like this kind of broad thinking.

Broad thinking is good only when the results align with our beliefs. In all other cases, broad thinking is bad & instead we should rely on scriptural evidence.

So broad thinking as in Jesus = Vishnu is good.

broad thinking as in Shiva = Vishnu is bad. (come on, where is the evidence?)

Cheers

How can you not worship Shiva if you worship Vishnu? Shiva is an aspect of Vishnu its just that according to my understanding worship of Shiva alone without worshipping Vishnu is not sufficient to get liberation or something like that. I have never put Shiva worship down.

Bet AM does not like this kind of broad thinking.

Broad thinking is good only when the results align with our beliefs. In all other cases, broad thinking is bad & instead we should rely on scriptural evidence.

So broad thinking as in Jesus = Vishnu is good.

broad thinking as in Shiva = Vishnu is bad. (come on, where is the evidence?)

Cheers

I have never thought that Jesus is Vishnu. I have always viewed Jesus as a saktyavesa avatar meaning he is a jiva and maxes out at 78% of the qualities of Krishna. Although I have read theists arguments of simultaneous oneness and difference and can see what he is saying to some degree.

I have never thought that Jesus is Vishnu. I have always viewed Jesus as a saktyavesa avatar meaning he is a jiva and maxes out at 78% of the qualities of Krishna. Although I have read theists arguments of simultaneous oneness and difference and can see what he is saying to some degree.

Shakya-vesa avatars are always Vishnu incarnations and spoken of as such in the SB. Buddha, Vyasadeva, Narada Muni, Prithu etc. are also Shaktyavesa avatars and called incarnations of Vishnu.

We know that the difference is also always there simulataneously with the oneness. Is this not Lord Caitanya's philosophy?

There is Vishnu-tattva and Jiva-tattva. As AM has pointed out Lord Jesus Christ is jiva tattva.

What is the difficulty here?