IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gHari

Gradually Become Regulated ---- But When, My Lord ??

Rate this topic

Surely any progress we experience is only at the mercy of God. We are too weak and puny and attached and insincere.

When will those final anarthas, chains to this mundane world fall away, Sri Krsna? You have done so much and You have made it painless; surely these little mushrooms are nothing for You to uproot, My Lord. I grow more and more bored and bored away from You every day.

PrabhupAda: RUpa GosvAmI has recommended:

yena tena prakAreNa manaH kRSNe nivezayet

sarve vidhi-niSedhA syur etayor eva kiGkarAH

His mission is, somehow or other, try to people..., try to engage people in KRSNa consciousness, they may
think of KRSNa, some way or other. Then regulate
them, after that.

Actually our, this KRSNa consciousness movement, has attained little success on this principle. When we began this movement we never asked people that "You have to do this; you have to do that." No. "Please come and hear Hare KRSNa mantra." This was our policy. Never mind what you are. You may be Christian. You may be Jews. You may be Muhammadan or Hindu, Muslim. Whatever you may be, it doesn't matter. Please come and join with us, the Hare KRSNa chanting.

Actually, that has become successful. In Tompkins Square, I was sitting underneath a tree and chanting Hare KRSNa mantra alone. And these young men, they used to assemble and dance also in the tune, for three hours--from two to five. In this way, we got our followers, associates. And gradually it developed into organization.

So in the beginning we did not impose so many rules and regulations. There is no rules and regulations. First thing required: ceto-darpaNa-mArjanam [Cc. Antya 20.12].
Unless one's heart is cleansed, he cannot accept rules and regulations
. That is not possible. Cora nasane dharme khaiH (?). If, if a man is thief, and if you give him moral instruction, that "Stealing is very sinful; do not do it," he will not care for it. A butcher, if you advise him that "Animal killing is very bad. It is sinful," he'll not accept it. That is not possible. His heart should be cleansed. PrAyazcittaM vimarzanam.

Oh, Krishna has allocated all very well

- If you cannot practice the regulations of bhakti-yoga, then just try to work for Me, because by working for Me you will come to the perfect stage.

Guest guest

Surely any progress we experience is only at the mercy of God. We are too weak and puny and attached and insincere.

When will those final anarthas, chains to this mundane world fall away, Sri Krsna? You have done so much and You have made it painless; surely these little mushrooms are nothing for You to uproot, My Lord. I grow more and more bored and bored away from You every day.

These are simply our desires. Krsna refuses to make us give them up. Eventually we become frustrated in our attempts to find happiness on the outside and we turn within, to the Lord of our heart. Patience, grasshopper, patience... ;)

anarthas go away when we are in close association with the devotees.

we can never conquer them alone.

take shelter of a strong sanga of devotees and anarthas fly away like birds in the tree when we light off a firecraker...

if you want to get rid of anarthas take shelter of the devotees.

don't struggle on alone and think you can do that....:smash: