IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Samia

Can this .... Should this world be saved

Rate this topic

Scanning through the news tonight and found a story that sickened my soul. Maybe I have grown numb in regards to mans treatment of fellow men and need to examine that defect in myself but the rage I felt reading this I haven`t felt for some time

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/13708685/detail.html?rss=dgo&psp=news

13708577_240X180.jpg

More

Teen Girls Accused Of Setting Kitten Ablaze

POSTED: 3:41 pm PDT July 18, 2007

UPDATED: 8:01 pm PDT July 18, 2007

<!--startindex-->COTATI, Calif. -- A three-month-old kitten is fighting for his life after allegedly being set afire by two teenage girls last week.

The male shorthaired kitten, named Adam, received second- and third-degree burns over 75 percent of its body and was being treated at the Animal Hospital in Cotati, located in Northern California's Sonoma County, officials said.

A boy and his friend said they saw the smoke and heard the cat shrieking while the girls laughed.

Basically this world is cruel - but where from this cruelity comes? Karma or actual injustice?

<dl><dt><center>Saudi Royals To Evict

1,000s Bushmen From Tanzania

By http://www.arushatimes.co.tz/</center></dt><dd>

</dd><dt><center> </center> </dt><dt><center><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="57" width="551"> <tbody><tr> <td height="56" valign="top" width="100%"> <dl><dt>TANZANIA, July 19, 2007 -- There are widespread fears that many tens of thousands of Hadzabe hunters-gatherers will be evicted from the Tanzania UAE Safari Ltd, owned by the Sauidi royal family, is reported to be negotiating with the (Marxist ) Tanzanian government for a concession of 3,975 square kilometres in the Yaida valley where the Hadzabe have lived for millennia. Reports are that the Hadza were not consulted on this issue and that they will effectively lose their right to subsistence hunt. Media reports have further painted the Hadza tribesmen (pictured below, and who are genetically-linked to the Khoi-San 'Bushmen' of Southern Africa) as 'primitive or savage'[ in an effort to culturally excuse the effort by the UAE and Tanzanian government. Contact: arushatimes@habari.co.tz</dt></dl> <dl><dt>

</dt><dt> </dt><dt>link: http://www.arushatimes.co.tz/</dt></dl></td></tr></tbody></table></center></dt></dl>

Scanning through the news tonight and found a story that sickened my soul. Maybe I have grown numb in regards to mans treatment of fellow men and need to examine that defect in myself but the rage I felt reading this I haven`t felt for some time

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/13708685/detail.html?rss=dgo&psp=news

13708577_240X180.jpg

More

Teen Girls Accused Of Setting Kitten Ablaze

POSTED: 3:41 pm PDT July 18, 2007

UPDATED: 8:01 pm PDT July 18, 2007

<!--startindex-->COTATI, Calif. -- A three-month-old kitten is fighting for his life after allegedly being set afire by two teenage girls last week.

The male shorthaired kitten, named Adam, received second- and third-degree burns over 75 percent of its body and was being treated at the Animal Hospital in Cotati, located in Northern California's Sonoma County, officials said.

A boy and his friend said they saw the smoke and heard the cat shrieking while the girls laughed.

This could be helpful.

6piqcsn.jpg

How would you have responded had you been there?

Compared to the millions of animals killed and tortured everyday in western civilization for food every day, this is very light indeed. Listen sweet child of God, we are in the Kali Yuga. Surely you know this? There are unspeakable horrors everywhere you turn in the world today. Seek refuge in whatever form of God you believe in, and turn you rage inwards to your own personal shortcomings of God. Burn away all your own shortcomings so you can get liberation and not have to come back to this place!

Good advice from JayaMahaDevi. We will go nuts and burned alive ourselves if we try to fight a raging forest fire with a garden hose. The karmic rebound hitting this world will only get more fierce as the actions being performed as regular life here are so demonic. From billions of animals being slaughtered for food, developing babies being aborted in the mothers womb, wars, famines, children being sexual abused at an alaring rate and the list of horrors only goes on.

This activity exists due to lack of transcendental knowledge. If we can help two people (ourselves and one other) make solid gains in spiritual life we will have done something truly positive.

This doean't mean we have to remain silent in the face of these other wrongs. We can and should speak out but understand the most we can do will be very small and not solve the greater problem. But even that is much much better than sticking our head in the sand and pretending not to see.

Karma-yoga means working for the cause of God and at the same time being unattached to success or failure.

You show a naturally soft heart. Ah, if only everyone was like you Samia.