IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Can There Be Many Acaryas?

Rate this topic

ISKCON is not a sampradaya - it is a religious organization, a church degnerated from a spiritual movement.

What is the definition of sampradaya?

Do you even know?

well, let's look at one of the most respected Sanskrit dictionaries on the net and see........

Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon: Search Results

<!-- SQL query: select buch,st,en from tamil where buch=1 and (st regexp '[[:<:]]sampradaya[[:>:]]') order by st --> <table cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><td align="right" valign="top">1</td> <td valign="top"> sampradAya</td> <td valign="top">m. a bestower , presenter S3a1rn3gP. ; tradition , established doctrine transmitted from one teacher to another , traditional belief or usage Gr2S3rS. &c. &c. ; any peculiar or sectarian system of religious teaching , sect</td></tr></tbody></table>

I think if we look at the definition of sampradaya in the Sanskrit dictionary that we could say that ISKCON is a sampradaya or a least a branch of a sampradaya.

ISKCON is actually a branch of the Brahma-Madhva-Gaudiya sampradaya.

ISKCON is a branch of the Saraswata Gaudiya sampradaya that was defined and established by Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Goswami.

ISKCON is not a sampradaya - it is a religious organization, a church degnerated from a spiritual movement.

what is "degnerated"?

maybe the deginerate is the one who can't even spell deginerated?

Guest guest

what is "degnerated"?

maybe the deginerate is the one who can't even spell deginerated?

LOL! medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/degenerated

Guest guest

Suchandra displays the typical sectarian mentality that plagues many. My society or my Guru is the only way.

I come from ISKCON as well and it's embarassing to see some ISKCON devotees behave like this.

Suchandra I can respect your feeling of faith in His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada.

But please be mindful that there are other devotees in this world who have faith in other Vaishnavas besides your Srila Prabhupada. Some of these Vaishnavas I know were chanting Hare Krishna and following Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur for 70 years. Iskcon is not the only Sampradaya.

Suchandra displays the typical sectarian mentality that plagues many. My society or my Guru is the only way.

I come from ISKCON as well and it's embarassing to see some ISKCON devotees behave like this.

This is a comment I read quite often - as soon someone quotes Prabhupada one is sectarian and a plague. So long people post, "..I think, my opinion is, according my experience...", everything is fine. Just more proof that Prabhupada is the current link. Prabhupada is the torchlight of knowledge, without whom there would be no GM temples in the West right now. But is this mentioned? Rarely. But as soon you post Prabhupada's words there's a scream, probably of too much light for the grey accustomed eyes? :D

19 July, 1970 Los Angeles

My Dear Syamasundara,

Please accept my blessings. I am so glad to receive your letter dated 10th July, 1970. Before that I received one postcard from you in Amsterdam.

I was expecting your letter since a long time, but I could understand that you were very busy with Rathayatra festival, and I am very glad to learn that this time you made Lord Jagannatha's car as strong as a warship. I can see from the picture it is very sturdy and tall also.

Your report for organizing village schools in England is very encouraging.* Similarly I have received report of Amsterdam also very nice. So it can be easily guessed that Europe is a very good field for spreading this movement. So in consultation with Tamala kindly take up the grammar school organization immediately. In childhood the impression taken continues life long, so try to train little English and Dutch boys to be accustomed to chant and dance.

I am so glad that your daughter, Sarasvati, is growing nicely Krsna conscious. I always remember about your daughter's movement when she was coming up stairs in Ascot and sitting by me. May Krsna bless her to grow a Krsna conscious child. You will be glad to know that her picture catching my hand is now published in our ISKCON Handbook.

Regarding KRSNA book, one copy was sent from Japan directly to George's address attention of your name. Perhaps George has got it. Please inquire and see to it. Brahmananda has arranged to send you 2500 copies of KRSNA in London. Please try to sell them quickly and send the money so I can print the second part which is already prepared.

In the first volume the pictures are so attractive that in San Francisco during the car festival 22 copies were sold immediately. I hope you will have very good market for this book in European English speaking places.

Regarding George Harrison, I think you have sufficiently helped him. He has also rendered service to Krsna, undoubtedly, so gradually, surely he will improve in Krsna consciousness--there is no doubt about it. In my previous letter I inquired if George requires some copies of KRSNA for free distribution to his friends. In that case you can give him 50-100 copies as he desires.

You are expecting to see me, but I also expected to see the London Rathayatra, but you made no arrangement so what can I do? So let us meet by Sankirtana. I also do not feel separation from my Guru Maharaja. When I am engaged in His service His pictures give me sufficient strength. To serve the Spiritual Master's word is more important than to serve him physically. Please try to open as many branches as possible in European countries.

Regarding your program for the grammar schools, Yogesvara wants to write some books for children. So let him write and introduce them in the schools. If nice pictures are inserted the books will become very popular. I have already said; again I repeat, go from village to village and get them interested in Krsna.

You write to say that many nice devotees are coming, Oxford graduates, etc., and there is demand for temples by the people in many countries like Sweden and South Africa. These are all good news, so try to utilize these opportunities. When I hear all these things immediately I wish to go myself personally.

Please offer my blessings to Murari. I do not know if his wife, Lilavati, and daughter are already there.

Hope this will meet you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,

A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

*If you want I can dispatch four Sannyasis for this preaching work.

Now it has been almost 30 years and still the prabhus are still talking this same kind of talk Because some persons maintain great importance to themselves and broadcast it everywhere they have the ability to.

Afew days before Srila Prabhupada left this world he told us ."Of my disclips I see no one to have my quailities .If I look at this or that one some quailties I do see and if I look at group of them certianly some percentage of my quailties are there so I have some hope that this movement can go on."

Srila Prabhupada is the acarya of which no one has His Divine Graces quailties...Srila Prabhupada has given us so many examples of placeing a dog on the throne of a king .That can be done but when there is a bone thrown the dog will jump off.

You can say someone is guru but when they run for sense pleasure were they ever ,just because that sat on the seat of the guru or were voted in.?

Srila Prabhupada told us that looking at a group of his disclips he said there certianly was some percentage of His Divine Graces quailities and it must be a fact as somehow or other threw all kinds of horrible occurances ISKCON is there ,hopefully maturing and if surrendering more as a group they will take on more of the quailties of the Acarya.

I have heard that now, after almost 30 yrs one of the 3 remaining, as he himself refered to himself "a twilight zonal guru" has proclaimed that he is "an acarya with a small letter",even he asked his disclips to call himself acarya---- for so many years.

If we all acceapt whom we are, where we were when we met Srila Prabhupada and his devottees. You can very clearly and sanely say there is only one founder and Acarya of ISKCON Srila Prabhupada and we His Divine Grace's humble servants just need to BE invisbly follow and assit Srila Prabhupada Krishna and His devottees.

As myself as witness Srila Prabhupada only left the GBC to represent him .Srila Prabhupada order was that ISKCON was not to change.

That GBC ....cease to function.... as it had .... as soon as Srila Prabhupada left and has never done so again.

Now what we have is upa GBC and ambitous older prabhus looking for postion.

Now we have so many prabhus wanting thier part of the action,worship,power,and it has gone this way for now almost 30 years like bed bugs they only serve if there is blood to suck.:burn:

When you already have 100% purity why does the insitution of ISKCON want to sell 5% purity.?

For Srila Prabhupada's disclips we will only acceapt 100%:silent:

post-222-138274054174_thumb.jpg

Prabhupada is the torchlight of knowledge, without whom there would be no GM temples in the West right now. .

The first Gaudiya Math temple in the West was opened in the 1930's in London and it is still there now, in the same place, 70 years later.

Srila Prabhupada is the champion of non-sectarianism. I agree with muralidhar, to a point. But I fully reject anyone claiming to be a vaisnava if they cannot Recognize other vaisnavas. This is why I reject most rtviks (not all, I am a super-fan of a person acting as officiating acarya), this is why I reject most ISKCONITES (not all, I really like jayadwaita swami), this is why I reject most schools connected with GM, (not all, I fully support WVA and hear with rapt attention any written reports from some acarya-members of WVA).

The primary key to my rejection is how they disregard my guru maharaja. The second key to my rejection is the fanatical so-called follower of Srila Prabhupada and their grevious offense of considering him a failure in his attempt to make pure devotees and considering him to be favoring eccliastic religiosity. My third key to rejection is how they think that krsna cannot act as chaita guru and send anyone he wishes to inspire to appear before a sincere candidate for devotional service.

The title of this topic is "can there be many acaryas". The answer is, there are millions. Anyone saying there can only be one is a demon.

What, Srila Prabhupada offed Vyasadeva, Narada, and lord brahma first? I never heard of these acaryas' deaths. Were they excluded from ISKCON membership??? Are all the disciples of Bhaktivinode and Bhaktisiddhanta considered apostates because they did not surrender and become disciples of Srila Prabhupada? Even though re-initiation is the lamest thing and symptomatic of utter faithlessness in ones guru?

Somoyall otta read yer stuff before you post. There are good ones, but there are some real lame stuff as well.

Hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

The title of this topic is "can there be many acaryas". The answer is, there are millions. Anyone saying there can only be one is a demon.

apparently, your idea of an acharya and a pure devotee is very cheap and easy.

judging by your standards you problably consider yourself a pure devotee.

(roll one up)

pure devotees and acharyas aren't a dime-a-dozen as you would like to present.

you obviously don't have a clue what is a true acharya or a pure devotee.

it's all very cheap.......... NOT