IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Arvindaksh

Bhagvad Gita - Gems

Rate this topic

Chatuh Shaloki Gita – the gist of Gita in four verses

I, Vaasudeva, am the source of all that exists in the universe, and everything, spiritual and mundane evolves from Me alone; and those wise people who know this truth worship Me with hearts filled with love.

With minds fixed on Me and their life energy, prana, dedicated to Me, these wise people help each other to advance spiritually; they discuss My spiritual pastimes and are always absorbed in My loving devotional service.

To those true devotees who are engaged in My loving service and worship, I bestow the yogic wisdom by which they can attain the spiritual world.

Dear Arjuna, out of my compassion for these devotees, I the indwelling guide in everyone’s heart, dispel the gloom of ignorance from their minds with the lamp of pure wisdom, ever illuminating their hearts bright.

Here are the same slokas in English verse by C.C.Caleb.

I am the source of all;from me all creatures are evolved,

In ralp emotion, thinking thus, the wise do worship me.

Minds fixed in me, lives giv'n to me, each praising me to each,

Of me conversing always, they with joy and peace are filled.

To those who ever are attuned, and worship me in love,

That knowledge do I freely give, whereby they come to me.

And all for love of them, indwelling in their very hearts,

With wisdom's light resplendant I, their darkness do dispel.

Guest guest

Yes very nice.

Recognizing Krsna

Dedicating one's life energy in His service

Krsna's response to such dedication.

Theist, I'm confused. Is that what you really look like? You seem to have an uncanny resemblence to Alfred E. Newman.

Theist, I'm confused. Is that what you really look like? You seem to have an uncanny resemblence to Alfred E. Newman.

Yes that is me as in truth I am Alfred E. Neuman but please keep the secret. Of course I have aged since that picture was taken in the sixties.

Sharing:

5.18 Bhagvad Gita on who is a Pandita (learned man)

One who is full of wisdom and humility, and sees with an equal eye a brahmin, cow, elephant, dog and a dog-eater (i.e. sees the spiritual essence in everything).

Guest guest

Amongst all yogis the supreme yogi is one who worships Me, Gopala in his inner heart at all times with full faith.

Very nicely condensed Theist Prabhuji!!!

Jai! Hare Krishna!

Yes very nice.

Recognizing Krsna

Dedicating one's life energy in His service

Krsna's response to such dedication.

Guest guest

Arjuna, one who is non-envious, friendly and compassionate towards everyone in the creation; is free of material attachment and arrogance; is balanced in happy and unhappy situations and forgiving towards all.

Arjuna, The yogi who is satisfied in all situations, has control over is mind and senses, and is firm in spiritual life; he has offered his mind and intelligence in My service, such a devotee is very dear to Me.

Chapter 16, Verses 1-3

The Blessed Lord said: Fearlessness, purification of one's existence, cultivation of spiritual knowledge, charity, self-control, performance of sacrifice, study of the Vedas, austerity and simplicity; nonviolence, truthfulness, freedom from anger; renunciation, tranquility, aversion to faultfinding, compassion and freedom from covetousness; gentleness, modesty and steady determination; vigor, forgiveness, fortitude, cleanliness, freedom from envy and the passion for honor--these transcendental qualities, O son of Bharata, belong to godly men endowed with divine nature.

Hrishikesha, the controller resides in the heart of all living entities, and according to the laws of karma He makes them migrate from one life to another in their bodies that are like material machines.

O Arjuna, by all means take shelter of the Hrishikesha who is in your heart, by His grace you will attain divine peace and His eternal spiritual abode.

O Arjuna, there are twenty deeds by which one can remove the influence of material life and attain pure spiritual life: 1) not coveting any honour, 2) absence of arrogance, 3) non-violence, 4) practicing forgiveness, 5) simplicity, 6) service to Acharya, 7) inward and outward purity, 8) honesty, 9) self-restraint, 10) dispassion for sense objects, 11) absence of false ego, 12) contemplation on suffering associated with birth, old age, disease and death, 13) non-attachment for material things, 14) absence of possessiveness for son, wife, home and belongings, 15) constant balance of mind in favourable and un-favourable events, 16) pure loving devotion for Me 17) Resort to a peaceful place, 18) apathy for places full of material activities, 19) constant awareness of spiritual knowledge about self and God, 20) Sincere search for the eternal spiritual essence. All these are to be regarded as true wisdom and all else as ignorance.

The highest type of spontaneous love, raganuga, is explained by Krishna in 18 chapter of Bhagavad-gita. He speaks, that those who distribute this transcendental knowledge - are most dear to Him. This type raganuga has shown by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and also Shrila Prabhupada, the general of Lord Caitanya. From Bhagavad-gita we can understand, that who only sits in Vrindavana and sings, is not so advanced as who goes everywhere distributing the Krishna consciousness. Krishna speaks, that there is nobody more dearly for Me and never will be. Shrila Prabhupada's realization surpasses realization of babajies.

Lord Sri Krsna, therefore, stated in the Second Chapter (2.12) that every living being is individual and that the Lord also is individual. They were all individuals in the past, they are individuals at present and they will continue to be individuals in the future even after liberation.

Identity with individuality in spiritual life is real knowledge says Srila Prabhupada.

The Lord, in verse 18 of Chapter V describes true knowledge in these words. “ The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal knowledge a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and dog eater (outcaste).

In his comments on the purport of this verse, Srila Prabhupada says - “ A Krsna conscious person does not make any distinction between species or castes. The brahmana and the outcaste may be different from the social point of view, or a dog, a cow and an elephant may be different from the point of view of species, but these differences of body are meaningless from the viewpoint of a learned transcendentalist. This is due to their relationship, to the Supreme, for the Supreme Lord, by His plenary position as Paramatman, is present in everyone’s heart. Such an understanding of the Supreme, is real knowledge.”

Always chanting My Holy Name and performing all activities in My service with determination and firm in their vow; submitting themselves to Me with loving devotion, humility and sincerity, My devotees always worship Me.

Actually full raganuga is to go from a door to a door, and also it and is the most raised mood - to occupy all in service to Krishna, this is mood of Srimati Radharani. That who simply sits in Vrindavan, yet has not reached such height, uttama goes everywhere, it is mood of Lord Caitania, and Shrila Prabhupada has come to distribute it

And bhajan cannot be sweet, a sweet bhajan it is a deceit. Listen bhajans of Shrila Prabhupada, there there is no sweet, bhajana means that devotee completely absorbed by the Lord and he in despair, thinking that cannot come nearer to Krishna as sings Narotama das Thakur "I did not serve to the God the whole life"

"Be aware of Me always, adore Me, make every act and offering to Me, and you shall come to Me; this I promise because you are dear to Me. Leave all other support, and look to Me for protection. I shall purify you from the sins of the past. Do not grieve."

Everyone seems to forget these important verses:

"Uttering OM, the syllable that is God, and intent on Me, departing thus from his body, he then attains the Goal Supreme." (Bhagavad Gita 8:13)

"Relinquishing all dharmas, you should take refuge in Me alone; then I shall fully liberate you from all sins; wherefore grieve not." (Bhagavad Gita 18:66)

Bhagavad Gita 9.33: Shri Maadhava recommends devotion

Not to mention that the pious wise men and the pious kings attain my spiritual abode; therefore while you are in pilgrim of this transient world devoid of real happiness, worship Me

Bhagavad Gita 9.34: Shri Gopal describes the path of devotion

Devote your mind to Me, be My devotee, perform your duties as a sacrifice as directed by Me; and when you direct your soul as I say, you will attain My spiritual abode.