IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Why did Bharat not help Rama in the war?

Rate this topic

Ravan kidnapped Sita. Rama's army consisted of Rama himself, younger brother Laxmana and vanars. Why did Bharat not send army to help his elder brother?

He didn't know it was happening. He only found out about the war when Hanuman flew over Ayodhya holding the mountain with the sacred sanjivani and Bharat shot him down thinking he was demon. By that time, there was no way Bharat could take an army and get all the way to Lanka in time to help Rama. We're talking about marching thousands of men from the north end of India to the southern tip. It takes a week by train even today and you think he could have done it easily? It wasn't possible. Even then, he suggested that he bring the army but Hanuman stopped him. In the absense of Rama, there had been kingdoms that threatened Ayodhya and Bharat and Shatrugna had been defending Ayodhya against these invaders. Thus, it was not safe to take the army and leave Ayodhya and it was also against Rama's orders to Bharat.

That's why Bharat didn't help Rama.

Haribol!

Jai

He only found out about the war when Hanuman flew over Ayodhya holding the mountain with the sacred sanjivani and Bharat shot him down thinking he was demon

Which Ramayana is the basis for this? Valmiki's Ramayana or Tulasidasa's Rama Charit Manas?

Guest guest

King Bharata did help, completely. Lord Rama is the only one to retrieve Srimati Sitadevi, no one else. Bharata kept Rama in ayodhya by placing his shoes on the throne and never sitting there himself. Lord Bharata, if I am not mistaken, is Visnu Tattwa.

The fact is, Sri Lanka could have been reduced to cinder by the glance of Srimati Sitadevi. Ravanasura could have been annihilated to the point of never have even existed the second the thought of Sita as his entered his mind. Sri Hanuman could have also completely obliterated the entire army of Ravana, including all the demigods acting as his servant by dint of being conquered, simply by wagging his tail or playing with his bear friends.

These things did not happen because Sita Rama rasa means the kidnapping and rescue, and no one else is involved in this pastime.

Hare Krsna, all glories to Sri Valmiki and the story of Ayodhya. ys, mahaksadasa

King Bharata did help, completely. Lord Rama is the only one to retrieve Srimati Sitadevi, no one else. Bharata kept Rama in ayodhya by placing his shoes on the throne and never sitting there himself. Lord Bharata, if I am not mistaken, is Visnu Tattwa.

The fact is, Sri Lanka could have been reduced to cinder by the glance of Srimati Sitadevi. Ravanasura could have been annihilated to the point of never have even existed the second the thought of Sita as his entered his mind. Sri Hanuman could have also completely obliterated the entire army of Ravana, including all the demigods acting as his servant by dint of being conquered, simply by wagging his tail or playing with his bear friends.

These things did not happen because Sita Rama rasa means the kidnapping and rescue, and no one else is involved in this pastime.

Hare Krsna, all glories to Sri Valmiki and the story of Ayodhya. ys, mahaksadasa

This is very true, Prabhu. All glories to Bharat Maharaj!

Jai

Rama= Lord Vishnu

Bharat= Pradyumna

Lakshman= Sankarsan

Shatrughna= Aniruddha

Yes, he is Vishnu Tattva.

That is also true. This is another version:

Rama= Lord Visnu

Bharat=Chakra

Lakshman= Ananta Sesa

Shatrughna= Sankha

Some other person may have mixed up Bharat and Shatrughna, and perhaps he is right. This is just what I learned.

Lord Rama and his brothers are not limited. His brothers could definitely be the Lord's paraphernalia and still have their own Visnu tattva swarupa.

Again, all glories to not only the Ramayana, but the depth of transcendental vision of those who take shelter of such glorious pastimes. All glories to Sri Guha, Sri Jatayu, all glories to the birth of poetry and song, Sri Lava and Sri Kusa.

And all glories to the wife of Ravana, who when it was all over, became the little daughter of Maya again, walking thru the forest with her daddy without a care in the world. She was perfect in all respects, what was ravana thinking anyway????

Again, all glories to not only the Ramayana, but the depth of transcendental vision of those who take shelter of such glorious pastimes. All glories to Sri Guha, Sri Jatayu, all glories to the birth of poetry and song, Sri Lava and Sri Kusa.

And all glories to the wife of Ravana, who when it was all over, became the little daughter of Maya again, walking thru the forest with her daddy without a care in the world. She was perfect in all respects, what was ravana thinking anyway????

You are so right Prabhuji. But when lust rears its ugly head, one becomes a puppet in lust's hands. But Ravan did have a considerable attachment to Mandodari. When Vibhisan tried to give Ravan good counsel about returning Sita devi he was thrown out of the palace. But Ravan always patiently listened to his wife saying the same things. Of course, he didn't agree to them. And Mandodari wasn't fearful of a rival wife. She was just against the idea that the woman that Ravan has set after was a married lady and very chaste at that. She told him that if Sita had a desire to be Ravan's wife, she wouldn't mind doing anything to get those two together. But she feared the power of a chaste lady. When Ravan got married to Mandodari, Dhanyamalini didn't mind. Dhanyamalini later had a son named Atikay who was later killed by Sri Lakshmanji.

The ramayana is so full of wonderful pastimes, so ecstatic. And Mandodhari, to me, is no less a hero than the many others. When I read about her turning back into a little child with her doting daddy, I cried profusely. Because we all have our full lives, our joy and disappointment. To see one return to the basics of childlike innocence is quite wonderful.

I have a question for you. Did Mandodari befriend Srimati Sitadeva in the groves where she was held? I know there was another ally there who offered clandestine protection as well.

Hare Krsna, thank for remembering Lanka of the Waves. Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

The ramayana is so full of wonderful pastimes, so ecstatic. And Mandodhari, to me, is no less a hero than the many others. When I read about her turning back into a little child with her doting daddy, I cried profusely. Because we all have our full lives, our joy and disappointment. To see one return to the basics of childlike innocence is quite wonderful.

I have a question for you. Did Mandodari befriend Srimati Sitadeva in the groves where she was held? I know there was another ally there who offered clandestine protection as well.

Hare Krsna, thank for remembering Lanka of the Waves. Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Mandodari did send gifts for Sita devi (clothes, jewels). Sita devi appreciated it but she did not accept them. When Ravan was ready to kill Sita once in his anger, it was Mandodari who stopped him. Because of Mandodari Ravan backed off but threatened her that she would only have a month to live if she didn't become his queen. The other ally you are speaking of is Trijata, one of the demoness guards who were entrusted to guard Sita devi.

Mandodari has an examplary character. She is one of the 5 chastest women: Ahilya, Draupadi, Kunti, Tara, Mandodari.

Hare Krishna.

Mandodari was May danav's daughter. Who was Dhanyamalini? I think in those days polygamy was quite common. Therefore, Rama was an exception.

I have no idea who Dhanyamalini was in terms of her family heritage. Yes, you are right about Rama. He told Sita the night of their wedding that many kings have the policy of accepting more than one wife, but that in his life Sita would be the only woman. Ek patni vrata.

Sri Ramachandra ki Jaya!