IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

What after the war of Mahabharat?

Rate this topic

I don't have any knolwedge of what vedas says but why that we always seem to know half of the story.

what happened "after" the war of Mahabharat? Why did Ved

Vyas not write anything after that? Where did Pandavas go? What happened to Abhimanuy's child? What happened to their Clan? Who is the vanshas of Pandavas? What happened to Rukmani? :smash: I demand answers! :P

Seriously, I am curious as to what the books really say? Where does the story end in case of Mahabharat for example?

I don't have any knolwedge of what vedas says but why that we always seem to know half of the story.

Vyas not write anything after that? Where did Pandavas go? What happened to Abhimanuy's child? What happened to their Clan? Who is the vanshas of Pandavas? What happened to Rukmani? :smash: I demand answers! :P

Seriously, I am curious as to what the books really say? Where does the story end in case of Mahabharat for example?

check out this web site:

http://www.thevedicfoundation.org/bhartiya_history/mahabharat.htm

and this one:

http://www.encyclopediaofauthentichinduism.org/articles/2_bhartiya_civilization.htm

and this one:

According to the Mahabharat, the Pandavas returned to Hastinapur and reigned there for many years.

Krishna's family then proceded to destroy themselves, due to the curse Gandhari had given Krishna. Seeing all his family destroyed and his wives departed from the earth, Krishna abandoned Dwarka and left the Earth planet at a place near Somnath in south Gujarat.

The Pandavas were heartbroken to hear that Krishna had left Earth so they decided to leave their kingdom and go in search of moksha. Yudhistira gave the crown of Hastinapur to their grandson Pariksit (Abhimanyu's son) and they then left for the Himalayas. While climbing the mountains first Draupadi fell, then Sahadev, then Nakula, then Arjuna, then Bhima. Yudhistira was the only one to reach the top, along with a dog that had followed him all the way. At the top, he found a ladder and the devas came down to welcome him into the celestial world. They told him that he could come but that the dog was not allowed. Yudhistira felt that he couldn't abandon that dog that had been so faithful so he refused to enter celestial world. The dog then revealed himself to be Dharmraj and said that he'd been testing Yudhistira's loyalty. Yudhishtira then entered into the celestial world where he found his brothers.

Pariksit became a great king and ruled according to Dharma. You asked about Ved Vyas and why he didn't write anything else. Well, he did write something else. It's called the Shrimad Bhagavatam Purana. This tells the story of all of Krishna's incarnations and also tells the story of how Pariksit attained bhakti for Krishna by hearing the Shrimad Bhagavatam from Sukhdev Maharaj, who was Veda Vyas's son.

Once Pariksit attained moksha, his son Janmayjaya became king and his dynasty is recorded in the Shrimad Bhagavatam in great detail.

I hope this answers your questions for you. If you want to know more then I recommend that you read the Mahabharat and the Shrimad Bhagavat Purana or listen to kathas and classes from the sants who have read it.

Haribol!

Jai

According to the Mahabharat, the Pandavas returned to Hastinapur and reigned there for many years.

Krishna's family then proceded to destroy themselves, due to the curse Gandhari had given Krishna. Seeing all his family destroyed and his wives departed from the earth, Krishna abandoned Dwarka and left the Earth planet at a place near Somnath in south Gujarat.

The Pandavas were heartbroken to hear that Krishna had left Earth so they decided to leave their kingdom and go in search of moksha. Yudhistira gave the crown of Hastinapur to their grandson Pariksit (Abhimanyu's son) and they then left for the Himalayas. While climbing the mountains first Draupadi fell, then Sahadev, then Nakula, then Arjuna, then Bhima. Yudhistira was the only one to reach the top, along with a dog that had followed him all the way. At the top, he found a ladder and the devas came down to welcome him into the celestial world. They told him that he could come but that the dog was not allowed. Yudhistira felt that he couldn't abandon that dog that had been so faithful so he refused to enter celestial world. The dog then revealed himself to be Dharmraj and said that he'd been testing Yudhistira's loyalty. Yudhishtira then entered into the celestial world where he found his brothers.

Pariksit became a great king and ruled according to Dharma. You asked about Ved Vyas and why he didn't write anything else. Well, he did write something else. It's called the Shrimad Bhagavatam Purana. This tells the story of all of Krishna's incarnations and also tells the story of how Pariksit attained bhakti for Krishna by hearing the Shrimad Bhagavatam from Sukhdev Maharaj, who was Veda Vyas's son.

Once Pariksit attained moksha, his son Janmayjaya became king and his dynasty is recorded in the Shrimad Bhagavatam in great detail.

I hope this answers your questions for you. If you want to know more then I recommend that you read the Mahabharat and the Shrimad Bhagavat Purana or listen to kathas and classes from the sants who have read it.

Haribol!

Jai

Wow! thats very informative! thanks a lot!