IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Why was Sita born from Earth?

Rate this topic

In Valimiki Ramayan, it is written that Janak found a girl child while ploughing field and he named her Sita. This means that Janak was not the biological father of Sita. Then, whose child was she? How did she come to be inside Earth?

Guest guest

Jai Swaminarayan,

Not sure if this correct but i heard a while ago that it was something to do with a few rushi munis taking blood from their bodies and placing it in a box of some sort. So sita was formed from the blood of the rushi munis. I cant recall where i heard this but have some memory of it

Guest guest

Yes this is how it is. Ravan asked for tax from the Brahmins. The brahmins didnt couldnt give it so Ravan asked for their blood. Hence he took their blood and filled a big pot and then he got his servants to get rid of the blood as it would cause havoc if it stayed in Shri LAnka. So they went to ujjain and spilt some on the ground. This made the land of Mithila barren.

The rest of the blood was dug under the ground of mithila and placed there. Now because the land became barren the subjects became poor and drought also occured. Gautum Muni told Janak that to do a yagna where he had to plough the lands himself to get Bhumi mother pleased. HE did this and opened his treasures for the poor. Once ploughing a pot was come accross to which it was opened. Sitaji was then in there.

Janak Raja bought up sita like this.

Dear Avinash,

Please can you help me. I've noticed you helping some people to write English names in Hindi and wondered if you could help me with the same. I am a new member and don't really know how to put up a post to ask for help or send a message to you. I thus had to reply to one of your posts.

Anyway, please show me how to write the name 'SHAUN' in Hindi.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Sharona

Thank you for these informations. It is interesting... so in fact, Ravan kidnapped Sita maybe because she was representing the debt of the Brahmins... (?) (maybe my knowledge is poor I read a small Ramayana from C. Gopalachari and not the actual Valmiki version or Tulsi one).

In Valimiki Ramayan, it is written that Janak found a girl child while ploughing field and he named her Sita. This means that Janak was not the biological father of Sita. Then, whose child was she? How did she come to be inside Earth?

The story of Ravana goes like this - A girl once was born to Ravana. But as it was in her horoscope, that Ravan would develop infatuation for the girl as soon as he sees her face. So Ravan asked the girl to be buried in a pot far away from his land. This girl was Sita. And after a couple of days she was found by Raja Janak while ploughing the land during the famous famine on the advice of his priests. After many years during Sita swayamvara groom choosing ceremony, Ravan who had come to be a potential groom for her, upon seeing her got infatuated with her beauty. There is a story of how and why she was born to the half Brahmin, half demon powerful King Ravan, but I can't remember it right now.