IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Ananta Sesa

Is there any Scientific Proof that the Stars are like the Sun?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

when Kennedy said we had to land a man on the Moon all the scientists said "impossible".

I am just a little curious how a politician can get accomplished what the scientists were saying was impossible?

Bankrupting the Russians in the cold war was also on the American agenda and they did many things to achieve that goal.

They also said flying would be impossible. Infact the Wright Brothers own father said they could not fly. Know why? religious ignorance. He said that God would not allow men to fly, because that was reserved for the angels. Does this ignorance sound at all familiar to you?

They also said flying would be impossible. Infact the Wright Brothers own father said they could not fly. Know why? religious ignorance. He said that God would not allow men to fly, because that was reserved for the angels. Does this ignorance sound at all familiar to you?

nope.

Well, we had one! It was small. Didn't feel it, though I can feel the diesels going by on the highway sometimes.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/nc51184104.htm

Version #1: This report supersedes any earlier reports of this event.

<!-- Msg below this line --> This is a computer-generated message. This event has not yet been reviewed by a seismologist.

<!-- Msg above this line -->

A microearthquake occurred at 4:18:54 PM (PDT) on Friday, July 13, 2007.

The magnitude 1.7 event occurred 4 km (2 miles) W of Half Moon Bay, CA.

The hypocentral depth is 7 km ( 5 miles).

<hr> <center> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr>.... align="right" valign="top"> Magnitude.....> <td align="left">1.7 - duration magnitude (Md)</td> </tr><tr>.... align="right" valign="center"> Time.....> <td align="left">Friday, July 13, 2007 at 4:18:54 PM (PDT)

Friday, July 13, 2007 at 23:18:54 (UTC) </td> </tr><tr>.... align="right" valign="center"> Distance from.....> <td align="left">Half Moon Bay, CA - 4 km (2 miles) W (262 degrees)

El Granada, CA - 6 km (3 miles) S (183 degrees)

Moss Beach, CA - 9 km (5 miles) SSE (158 degrees)

Daly City, CA - 26 km (16 miles) S (182 degrees)

San Francisco City Hall, CA - 36 km (22 miles) S (188 degrees)

</td> </tr><tr>.... align="right" valign="top"> Coordinates.....> <td align="left">37 deg. 27.3 min. N (37.454N), 122 deg. 28.6 min. W (122.477W)</td> </tr><tr>.... align="right" valign="top"> Depth.....> <td align="left">7.4 km (4.6 miles)</td> </tr><tr>.... align="right" valign="top"> Location Quality.....> <td align="left">Fair</td> </tr><tr>.... align="right" valign="top"> Location Quality Parameters.....> <td align="left">Nst= 16, Nph= 16, Dmin=7 km, Rmss=0.05 sec, Erho=0.7 km, Erzz=0.6 km, Gp=223.2 degrees </td> </tr><tr>.... align="right" valign="top"> Event ID#.....> <td align="left">nc51184104</td> </tr><tr>.... align="right" valign="top"> Additional Information.....> <td align="left"> map with fault names

Google Earth KML (Requires Google Earth.)

Topo map centered at earthquake (This link takes you offsite.)

<!-- Addons below this line --> Waveforms <!-- type Waveform_nc version 01 -->

<!-- Addons above this line --> </td> </tr></tbody></table> </center> <hr> Did you feel it? || Shake Map North

We have daily earthquakes here in Central California as well (though most cannot be felt).

Here is a "live" earthquake map of CA-NV:

http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Doesn't look like there have been any today, but lots in the last week.

If our friend Gurupkar wants to predict an earthquake and have us attribute it to his powers, he'd better specify exactly the epicenter, date and time, as well as the magnitude of the quake.

In the meanwhile, I'd better change my picture back to the artichoke!!

Guest guest

That's fascinating!! Surely, it's an example of how, seemingly useless science can yield unexpected benefits (and, of course, unexptected liabilities as well).

I think you walk on single leg, u cannot call science useless, as u do not aware of the real meaning of the science.

I think you walk on single leg, u cannot call science useless, as u do not aware of the real meaning of the science.

I think you misunderstand me. I didn't say science was useless. I said science which might *seem* useless might have benefits that were unexpected.