IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Ananta Sesa

Is there any Scientific Proof that the Stars are like the Sun?

Rate this topic

You do realize, don't you, that the PC on which you're reading this is more powerful than all the computers in the Space Shuttle put together, don't you?

that ain't nothin'.

What about the computers they had in 1969 when the "went to the Moon".

Do you know what kind of computers they had back then?

You can get more computing power from a $10 toy made in china today.

sure, they went to the Moon with toy computers........

the millions of dollars wasted on useless astromony so scientists can drive Porsches and Mercedes and pay for their women and speedboats would be better spend on making Earth a better place.

If you want to talk about scientific waste, let's talk about Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW).

Take a look at what Al Gore's fear-mongering has done for the budget for climate science:

According to "The Great Global Warming Swindle" documentary aired on BBC (http://www.impactlab.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=11141), the climate science budget has gone from $200 million to $2 billion dollars over the past ten years.

I looked around a bit for some more independent confirmation of those numbers, but can't readily find anything. Suffice it to say, there's lots of money to be had these days if the grant proposal includes the terms "global warming".

What do you think the chances are that any of that money spent will have any effect on the future climate whatsoever?

Despite all that, climate research is a *bargain* compared to the millitary boys and their shiny toys.

That's fascinating!! Surely, it's an example of how, seemingly useless science can yield unexpected benefits (and, of course, unexptected liabilities as well).

I Think you do not know that there were some elements which were first found on the suns spectrum, and then on earth

Wasn't talking about the rocks in your head, ji!

Talking about the rocks in your pants--cajones!

Those guys that flew to the moon (or not, take your pick) were fighter pilots and test pilots--they weren't afraid of ANYTHING (at least not after a few shots of Irish courage)!

what?

Rocks in my head?

you are the one with rocks in your head.:wacko:

I'm harping on you because you're too much of a coward to admit when you're wrong!

You change the subject, back-pedal, anything to avoid owning up to your all-too-apparent limitations. When someone points out that, yes, there *is* "scientific proof", you start attacking the character of the scientists involved as if you are yourself above reproach.

You're not being blamed for anything other than for making a mountain out of a mole-hill. To call the money spent on astronomy a waste is to demonstrate that you have no sense of perspective whatsoever.

hey Beavis, don't throw the war in my face to justify the demon astronomers.

I don't support any of that.

Why you harping on me like it's all my fault?

Get off your high horse and quit acting like the Pope.

I'm harping on you because you're too much of a coward to admit when you're wrong!

You change the subject, back-pedal, anything to avoid owning up to your all-too-apparent limitations. When someone points out that, yes, there *is* "scientific proof", you start attacking the character of the scientists involved as if you are yourself above reproach.

You're not being blamed for anything other than for making a mountain out of a mole-hill. To call the money spent on astronomy a waste is to demonstrate that you have no sense of perspective whatsoever.

ok Beavis,

then start another topic about the war and you can harp all you like.

this topic is about astronomy and modern theories.

why do you have to drag the war into this topic

look at the topic Beavis........

it's not about war....

Wasn't talking about the rocks in your head, ji!

Talking about the rocks in your pants--cajones!

Those guys that flew to the moon (or not, take your pick) were fighter pilots and test pilots--they weren't afraid of ANYTHING (at least not after a few shots of Irish courage)!

when Kennedy said we had to land a man on the Moon all the scientists said "impossible".

I am just a little curious how a politician can get accomplished what the scientists were saying was impossible?

Bankrupting the Russians in the cold war was also on the American agenda and they did many things to achieve that goal.

Now who's going way off-topic here?

All I was trying to say is, whether or not you think NASA went to the moon, the astronauts involved wouldn't be the kind of guys who'd say, "Hey, you want me to fly to the moon in *THIS*??!?!? It doesn't even have a PlayStation III in it?"

They wouldn't be worried about whether the computer in the capsule was a "toy" by today's standards. They were more worried about having a window out of which to look and the ability to have some sort of manual control over the vehicle (at least that's what I remember from seeing "The Right Stuff").

when Kennedy said we had to land a man on the Moon all the scientists said "impossible".

I am just a little curious how a politician can get accomplished what the scientists were saying was impossible?

Bankrupting the Russians in the cold war was also on the American agenda and they did many things to achieve that goal.

this topic is about astronomy and modern theories.

why do you have to drag the war into this topic

Look back in the thread--YOU were the one who brought up budgetary concerns. I was merely pointing out what a load of crap you were dishing out, thanks.

Look back in the thread--YOU were the one who brought up budgetary concerns. I was merely pointing out what a load of crap you were dishing out, thanks.

it's cool bro................... I'm just yanking your chain to get you to bark.:P

I am actually a good humored guy.:kick:

Ruff!!! Rufff!!!

http://www.bctechnology.com/statics/bh-oct1102.html

Do you remember the Looney Tunes episode with the two dogs chasing Sylvester the cat? The big tough bulldog was named Spike and the little excitable dog was following and harassing him with a constant stream of superlatives about how big and strong he was - "Hey Spike, whaddya wanna do now? Huh, Spike. You're so stroooong. He's my hero." Spike would reach out and slap the little guy clear across the street with a disdainful, "Shuddup". Then the little guy brushes himself off, starts following again and hopping up and down like nothing happened.

OK, I'm off to curl up in a corner and gnaw on my "rocks". Ruff!!!

it's cool bro................... I'm just yanking your chain to get you to bark.:P

I am actually a good humored guy.:kick:

So you are mocking this wonder of a human mind based on how a disease has crippled his material body? Disgusting. An example of seventh grade humor at best. What next Guruvani...fart jokes?

Myself I have no problem giving scientists credit when due along with noting their misuses of knowledge and spirirtual shortcomings. Why? because Krsna is the intelligence of the intelligent. Not to acknowledge that intelligence in another, even someone we think of as an opponent, is to ignore the presence of Krsna before us in that manifestation.

Here is a perfect example. You could have responded to the idea that Krsna is the intelligence of the intelligent and the "conversation" would have developed in that way but instead you took the fart and ran with it.

Guest guest

You do realize, don't you, that the PC on which you're reading this is more powerful than all the computers in the Space Shuttle put together, don't you?

I think you do not about the fact that first mission sent to moons computer have only 64k of memory, can you imagine that?

Guest guest

so, according to Astronomers, some of the light from the most distant stars is coming from 9 billion years in the past.

So, we are seeing light from events of 9 billion years ago and deciding the nature of the universe today?

anyway, that is what "science" is saying.

do I believe that the farthest star is 25 billion light years from Earth?

no.

I don't believe that the mind or science of man can know anything about what is more than a few thousand miles from Earth.

What we see through telescopes is ancient history from millions of years ago.

so they say..............

sounds like a lot of nonsense to me.

I think you have mentioned some wonderful thing here, it is about the time mentioned by you about the light from the distant star(25 billion year), so by studying that you can tell what happened 25 billion years ago, it is one of the plus points that we can actually look into such a long past (wonderful), which also helps us to more about the universe, and hence more accurate predictions, as for as our present is concern, you can look into not so distant stars such as alpha century only four light years away.

Guest guest

Yes. But you may not wish to accept their observations which is your choice.

I do find your claim not to be able to find webpages on star formation surprising. I wonder if you have actually searched for any.

You demand scientific knowledge from them but do you have any scientific knowledge to back your claim of their only being one sun in the universe.

And why so angry? Are you really mad because someone has exposed a doubt in your own subconscious mind that you try so hard to keep submerged? And now that it has been brought into your conscious awareness you feel forced to deal with it?

Let me ask you this. Suppose modern observations are correct and there is more than one sun in the universe. Does that really have an effect on your need to develop pure love for God?

Forget the universal structure. Your mission lies beyond the walls of the universe irregardless of how it is constructed.

Hello my friend theist, as you have asked me i have accepted your request to experiment with my powers to make the earth quake to happen, I think you took it the wrong way, i could have also helped you, know what I think that south India will be perfect for this sort of experiment, what do you think, Kindly discuss

Hello my friend theist, as you have asked me i have accepted your request to experiment with my powers to make the earth quake to happen, I think you took it the wrong way, i could have also helped you, know what I think that south India will be perfect for this sort of experiment, what do you think, Kindly discuss

Alaska is better.

They have earthquake almost 13 every day.

then you can predict earthquake and rest assured it is correct.

I think you do not about the fact that first mission sent to moons computer have only 64k of memory, can you imagine that?

That *is* amazing.

My own first computer, a Commodore 64, had 64k of memory (and a cassette drive for storage) back in '84 or so. I wrote my first computer program in BASIC on it:

10 print "Hare Krishna!"

20 goto 10

Alaska is better.

They have earthquake almost 13 every day.

then you can predict earthquake and rest assured it is correct.

We have daily earthquakes here in Central California as well (though most cannot be felt).

Here is a "live" earthquake map of CA-NV:

http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Doesn't look like there have been any today, but lots in the last week.

If our friend Gurupkar wants to predict an earthquake and have us attribute it to his powers, he'd better specify exactly the epicenter, date and time, as well as the magnitude of the quake.

In the meanwhile, I'd better change my picture back to the artichoke!!

Well, apricots *are* a "stone" fruit, are they not? Picture's about to change back to the artichoke, so the joke will soon not make sense :)

Were you out ripping off a grower that day?

Or, is that in your back yard?:D

Were you out ripping off a grower that day?

Or, is that in your back yard?:D

I'm lucky to be living in a (rented) house with a redwood tree and plum tree in the front yard (plums are ripe as we speak).

The back-yard has two apricot trees (the one pictured dropped the last of its fruit when I was away last weekend), the other apricot tree is just getting ripe (though half of it collapsed under the weight of the fruit on it).

There's a junky '68 Mustang that's covered with blackberry bushes (also getting ripe).

Additionally, there are two lemon trees, two pear trees, apple trees, a tangerine tree and an orange tree.

Here's a picture of some "volunteer" barley that sprang up after I scattered a bag of barley (which the rats had gotten into) in the back yard:

IMG_9183.JPG

Guest guest

http link= library.thinkquest.org/C002091/data/formeg.htm

The stars are observed by many sophisticated technologies

Hot stars have been discovered in the making using

The observation was performed using the High Energy Transmission Grating Spectrometer (HETGS) and the X-ray spectra were recorded with the spectroscopic array of the Advanced CCD Imaging Spectrometer (ACIS). The ACIS detector is a sophisticated version of the CCD detectors commonly used in video cameras or digital cameras. The orion stars are so bright in X-rays that they easily saturate the ccds. Here the team used the gratings as a blocking filter.

http link= chandra.harvard.edu/press/00_releases/press_110900.html