IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Mother Yahoda Worships Lord Shiva

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sree Advaita Acharya is both Vishnu and Shiva.

Har Har Mahadeva!

All glory Lord Mahadeva, who lives on the icy mountain of Kailasa,

south of Siberia where the modern day sages are living!

ALL GLORIES TO LORD SHIVA MAHADEVA. ONE WHO IS NOT A DEVTA (as ignorantly speak a few), BUT MAHADEVTA! Jai Shri Shiv Bhole Nath!!

Guest guest

You say Lord Shiva took birth with Chaitanya. Can you present any quotes from the Vedas and any Shaiv literature supporting that Lord Shiva took avatara with Chaitanya Mahaprabhu 5090 years back? Thanks.

Guest guest

TRANSLATION

"Lord Śiva is an associate of the external energy; therefore he is absorbed in the material quality of darkness. Lord Viṣṇu is transcendental to māyā and the qualities of māyā. Therefore He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

This is totally opposite to Shiv Purana and any other great Vedic literature. Even if you fail to recognize the importance of Shiva Purana through various cunning demarcations of vedanta jugglery, Cc is still no match for Shiva Mahapurana, cuz its a Purana. Cc is no purana, no Veda. Besides, nowhere do the Vedas represent Lord Shiva to be representing darkness and so called some kinda "external energy". This is HK folklore period.

Now listen how Lord Krsna - the top most authority of HK philosophy speaks on seeing Lord Shiva to Yudhishthira. This is what Krsna himself says of Shiva and Shiva confirms that Krsna worshipped him in many lives. All this is told by Krsna to Yudhishthira. So before putting a false and laughable mistranslation like a "Demi-God" to Lord Shiva Maheswara, think about what Lord Krsna himself says about Shiva. He does not address him as a demiGod. If Prabhupada does, then its his prerogative, that we are not in any compulsion to agree with. You maybe! Cuz u feel bounded by his diksha.

"The blessed Vishnu continued thus speaking to Yudhishthira, 'I then said unto him, O regenerate one, through thy grace, O great ascetic. I shall behold the lord of the deities, that grinder of multitudes of Diti's sons. Eight days, O Bharata, passed there like an hour, all of us being thus occupied with talk on Mahadeva. On the eighth day, I (Krishna) underwent the Diksha (initiation) according to due rites, at the hands of that Brahmana and received the staff from his hands. I underwent the prescribed shave. I took up a quantity of Kusa blades in my hand. I wore rags for my vestments. I rubbed my person with ghee. I encircled a cord of Munja grass round my loins. For one month I lived on fruits. The second month I subsisted upon water. The third, the fourth and the fifth months I passed, living upon air alone. I stood all the while, supporting myself upon one foot and with my arms also raised upwards, and foregoing sleep all the while.

I then beheld, O Bharata, in the firmament an effulgence that seemed to be as dazzling as that of a thousand Suns combined together. Towards the centre of that effulgence, O son of Pandu, I saw a cloud looking like a mass of blue hills, adorned with rows of cranes, embellished with many a grand rainbow, with flashes of lightning and the thunder-fire looking like eyes set on it. 1 Within that cloud was the puissant Mahadeva. himself of dazzling splendour, accompanied by his spouse Uma.

Verily, the great Deity seemed to shine with his penances, energy, beauty, effulgence, and his dear spouse by his side. The puissant Maheswara, with his spouse by his side, shone in the midst of that cloud.

The appearance seemed to be like that of the Sun in the midst of racking clouds with the Moon by his side.

The hair on my body, O son of Kunti, stood on its end, and my eyes expanded with wonder upon beholding Hara, the refuge of all the deities and the dispeller of all their griefs.

Mahadeva was adorned with a diadem on his head. He was armed with his Sula. He was clad in a tiger-skin, had matted locks on his head, and bore the staff (of the Sanyasin) in one of his hands. He was armed, besides with his Pinaka and the thunderbolt. His teeth was sharp-pointed. He was decked with an excellent bracelet for the upper arm. His sacred thread was constituted by a snake. He wore an excellent garland of diversified colours on his bosom, that hung down to his toes. Verily, I beheld him like the exceedingly bright moon of an autumnal evening.

Surrounded by diverse clans of spirits and ghosts, he looked like the autumnal Sun difficult of being gazed at for its dazzling brightness.

Eleven hundred Rudras stood around that Deity of restrained soul and white deeds, then seated upon his bull. All of them were employed in hymning his praises. The Adityas, the Vasus, the Sadhyas, the Viswedevas, and the twin Aswins praised that Lord of the universe by uttering the hymns occurring in the scriptures.

The puissant Indra and his brother Upendra, the two sons of Aditi, and the Grandsire Brahma, all uttered, in the presence of Bhava, the Rathantara Saman.

Innumerable masters of Yoga, all the regenerate Rishis with their children, all the celestial Rishis, the goddess Earth, the Sky (between Earth and Heaven), the Constellations, the Planets, the Months, the Fortnights, the Seasons, Night, the Years, the Kshanas, the Muhurtas, the Nimeshas, the Yugas one after another, all the celestial Sciences and branches of knowledge, and all beings conversant with Truth, were seen bowing down unto that Supreme Preceptor, that great Father, that giver (or origin) of Yoga.

Sanatkumara, the Vedas, the Histories, Marichi, Angiras, Atri, Pulastya, Pulaha, Kratu, the seven Manus, Soma, the Atharvans, and Vrihaspati, Bhrigu, Daksha, Kasyapa, Vasishtha, Kasya, the Schandas, Diksha, the Sacrifices, Dakshina, the Sacrificial Fires, the Havis (clarified butter) poured in sacrifices, and all the requisites of the sacrifices, were beheld by me, O Yudhishthira, standing there in their embodied forms.

All the guardians of the worlds, all the Rivers, all the snakes, the mountains, the celestial Mothers, all the spouses and daughters of the celestials, thousands upon thousands and millions of ascetics, were seen to bow down to that puissant Lord who is the soul of tranquillity. The Mountains, the Oceans, and the Points of the compass also did the same, the Gandharvas and the Apsaras highly skilled in music, in celestial strains, sang and hymned the praises of Bhava who is full of wonder. The Vidyadharas, the Danavas, the Guhyakas, the Rakshasas, and all created beings, mobile and immobile, adorned, in thought, word and deed, that puissant Lord. Before me, that Lord of all the gods viz., Sarva (Shiva), appeared seated in all his glory. Seeing that Isana had showed himself to me by being seated in glory before my eyes, the whole universe, with the Grandsire and Sakra, looked at me.

I, however, had not the power to look at Mahadeva.

The great Deity then addressed me saying, 'Behold, O Krishna, and speak to me.

Thou hast adorned me hundreds and thousands of times.

There is no one in the three worlds that is dearer to me than thou.' After I had bowed unto him, his spouse, viz., the goddess Uma, became gratified with me. I (Krsna) then addressed in these words the great God whose praises are hymned by all the deities with the Grandsire Brahma at their head.'

"The blessed Vishnu said, 'I saluted Mahadeva, saying,--Salutations to thee, O thou that art the eternal origin of all things. The Rishis say that thou art the Lord of the Vedas. The righteous say that thou art Penance, thou art Sattwa, thou art Rajas, thou art Tamas, and thou art Truth. Thou art Brahman, thou art Rudra, thou art Varuna, thou art Agni, thou art Manu, thou art Bhava, thou art Dhatri, thou art Tashtri, thou art Vidhatri, thou art the puissant Master of all things, and thou art everywhere. All beings, mobile and immobile, have sprung from thee. This triple world with all its mobile and immobile entities, has been created by thee. The Rishis say that thou art superior to the senses, the mind, the vital breaths, the seven sacrificial fires, all others that have their refuge in the all-pervading Soul, and all the deities that are adored and worthy of adoration. Thou, O illustrious one, art the Vedas, the Sacrifices, Soma, Dakshina, Pavaka, Havi, and all other requisites of sacrifice. The merit obtained by sacrifices, gifts made to others, the study of the Vedas, vows, regulations in respect of restraint, Modesty, Fame, Prosperity, Splendour, Contentment, and Success, all exist for leading to thee. 1 Desire, Wrath, Fear, Cupidity, Pride, Stupefaction, and Malice, Pains and Diseases, are, O illustrious one, thy children. Thou art all acts that creatures do, thou art the joy and sorrow that flow from those acts, thou art the absence of joy and sorrow, thou art that Ignorance which is the indestructible seed of Desire, thou art the high origin of Mind, thou art Puissance, and thou art Eternity. 2 Thou art the Unmanifest, thou art Pavana, thou art inconceivable, thou art the thousand-rayed Sun, thou art the effulgent Chit, thou art the first of all the topics, and thou art the refuge of life. 3 The use of words like Mahat, Soul, Understanding, Brahman, Universe, Sambhu, and Self-born and other words occurring in succession (in the Vedas), show that thy nature has been judged (by persons conversant with the Vedas) as identical with Mahat and Soul. Verily, regarding thee as all this, the learned Brahmanas win over that ignorance which lies at the root of the world. Thou residest in the heart of all creatures, and thou art adored by the Rishis as Kshetrajna. Thy arms and feet extend to every place, and thy eyes, head, and face are everywhere. Thou hearest everywhere in the universe, and thou stayest, pervading all things. Of all acts that are performed in the Nimeshas and other divisions of time that spring in consequence of the puissance of the Sun, thou art the fruit. 1 Thou art the original effulgence (of the supreme Chit). Thou art Purusha, and thou residest in the hearts of all things. Thou art the various Yogic attributes of success, viz., Subtility and Grossness and Fruition and Supremacy and Effulgence and Immutability. 2 Understanding and intelligence and all the worlds rest upon thee. They that are devoted to meditation, that are always engaged in Yoga, that are devoted to or firm in Truth and that have subjugated their passions, seek thee and rest on thee. 3 They that know thee for one that is Immutable, or one that resides in all hearts, or one that is endued with supreme puissance, or one that is the ancient Purusha, or one that is pure Knowledge, or one that is the effulgent Chit, or one that is the highest refuge of all persons endued with intelligence, are certainly persons of great intelligence. Verily, such persons stay, transcending intelligence. 4 By understanding the seven subtile entities (viz., Mahat, Ego, and five subtile primal elements called Tanmatras), by comprehending thy six attributes (of Omniscience, Contentment of Fullness, Knowledge without beginning, Independence, Puissance that is not at fault at any time and that is infinite), and being conversant with Yoga that is freed from every false notion, the man of knowledge succeeds in entering into thy great self.--After I had said these words, O Partha, unto Bhava, that dispeller of grief and pain, the universe, both mobile and immobile, sent up a leonine shout (expressive of their approval of the correctness of my words). The innumerable Brahmanas there present, the deities and the Asuras, the Nagas, the Pisachas, the Pitris, the birds, diverse Rakshasas, diverse classes of ghosts and spirits, and all the great Rishis, then bowed down unto that great Deity. There then fell upon my head showers of celestial flowers possessed of great fragrance, and delicious winds blew on the spot. The puissant Sankara then, devoted to the good of the universe, looked at the goddess Uma and the lord of the celestials and myself also, and thus spoke unto me,--We know, O Krishna, that thou, O slayer of foes, art filled with the greatest devotion towards us. Do what is for thy good. My love and affection for thee is very great. Do thou ask for eight boons. I shall verily give them unto thee, O Krishna, O best of all persons, tell me what they are, O chief of the Yadavas. Name what thou wishest. However difficult of attainment they be, thou shalt have them still.'"

- THIS WAS DESCRIBED BY LORD SHRI KRISHNA HIMSELF TO YUDHISHTHIRA OF HIS MEETING WITH SHRI SHIVA SHANKARA MAHADEVA. NOW ALL THE SHIVA BASHERS PROPAGATING SHIVA TO BE A MERE "DEMI-GOD" SEEK THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION. THEY CAN'T PLEASE NOR SHIVA, NEITHER KRSNA, BUT INVITE ONLY THEIR OWN DOOM BY THIS MAHA APARADHA!

NAMA SHIVAYA!! NAMAH VASUDEVAYA!!

Guest guest

In vedic times and other yugas, Lord Shiva worship was a common norm. the great Queen Kunti was a staunch Shiva worshipper. And Queen Gandhari was a a staunch worshipper of Lord Shiva. So was was Krsna's mother Yashoda. And so did the gopis and even the wives of Shri Krsna.

This is evident from the many historical stories of Mahabharata too. So there is nothing surprising or alarming about Shiva worship by Shrimati Yashoda, the mother of Shri Krisna Vasudeva. In times before this, Lord Ramachandra elaborately worshipped Lord Shiva many times in his lifetime. He also worshipped the Sun God.

I bow down to Shiva Mahadeva, to whom worshipped great souls like queen Kunti and mother Yashoda, and shri Krsna and Rama showing by their examples, His glory and importance of His devotional worship. Jai Bhole Nath.

Har Har Mahadeva.

I bow down to Shri Krsna who is the most beloved devotee of Lord Shiva. Who is one without a second. Who is the giver of eternal Krsna-Radha prema and shri Krsna Bhakti!! Hare Krsna!!

Mantra heenam Kriya heenam bhakti heenam Surashwara, yat poojitam maya mahadeva, paripoornam tadastu mev!

Namah Shivaya!!

Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> devadidevam-ahibhusanam-indukasam

panchananam pasupatim varadam prasannam

gangadharam pranatapalakamasutosam

vande sadasiva-haripriya-chandramaulim

- Sanskrit verse by Srila Govinda Maharaj

http://scsmath.org/trove2/gkunda_ver...va_pranam.html

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Friend,

Devotees of Sri Chaitanya are not all bad. Some "so-called" devotees are bad, it is true. Some abuse Lord Mahadeva. But my Guru who wrote this verse you see above is a devotee of Sri Chaitanya. He praises Bholenath - Devaadideva Maheshwara.

Guest guest

Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> devadidevam-ahibhusanam-indukasam

panchananam pasupatim varadam prasannam

gangadharam pranatapalakamasutosam

vande sadasiva-haripriya-chandramaulim

- Sanskrit verse by Srila Govinda Maharaj

gkunda_siva_pranam.gkunda_ver...va_pranam

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Friend,

Devotees of Sri Chaitanya are not all bad. Some "so-called" devotees are bad, it is true. Some abuse Lord Mahadeva. But my Guru who wrote this verse you see above is a devotee of Sri Chaitanya. He praises Bholenath - Devaadideva Maheshwara.

Yes. Not all. Sri Chaitanya preached a lot of wonderful qualities in his transcendental past times. But I was just wondering, why a lot differ from, say, exalted devotees as Shri Govinda Maharaj, while still maintaining to be the flag-bearers of the same sampradaya? How can the teachings be faultless in wake of these diversions, discriminations and criticism of Shri Mahadeva and name calling him? This is in direct opposition to what Sri Krsna says of Lord Shiva. How can even such people call themselves as "hare Krsnas" following Sri Krsna, when they don't pay attention to His words even. Isn't it not something like the many christians claiming to follow Christ and Christ consciousness but not following his commandments in its right spirit like 'though shall not kill', and still maintaining mass butcher houses?

Hari Bol!! Namah Shivaya!

Guest guest

When krishna marries jambavanta's daughter , they worshipped shiva to beget a son who was named samba ; Where is the demigod business , you ignoramuses when krishna himself worships shiva

When krishna marries jambavanta's daughter , they worshipped shiva to beget a son who was named samba ; Where is the demigod business , you ignoramuses when krishna himself worships shiva

Krsna is performing a nara lila in this instance. In some ways He is acting like a person in this world as if he is under the laws of nature and man. In this lila there is more aisvarya or opulence than in Vraja lila but it is still a type of nara lila. This is the reason he is worshiping Lord Siva. Another reason he is worshiping Lord Siva is out of love for his devotee.

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Srimad Bhagavatam 4.30.38

vayam tu sakshad bhagavan bhavasya

priyasya sakhyuh kshana-sangamena

suduscikitsyasya bhavasya mrityor

bhishaktamam tvadya gatim gatah sma

SYNONYMS

vayam -- we; tu -- then; sakshat -- directly; bhagavan -- O Lord; bhavasya -- of Lord Siva; priyasya -- very dear; sakhyuh -- Your friend; kshana -- for a moment; sangamena -- by association; suduscikitsyasya -- very difficult to cure; bhavasya -- of material existence; mrityoh -- of death; bhishak-tamam -- the most expert physician; tva -- You; adya -- today; gatim -- destination; gatah -- have achieved; sma -- certainly.

TRANSLATION

Dear Lord, by virtue of a moment's association with Lord Siva, who is very dear to You and who is Your most intimate friend, we were fortunate to attain You. You are the most expert physician, capable of treating the incurable disease of material existence. On account of our great fortune, we have been able to take shelter at Your lotus feet.

PURPORT

It has been said: harim vina na sritim taranti. Without taking shelter of the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead, one cannot attain relief from the clutches of maya, the repetition of birth, old age, disease and death. The Pracetas received the shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead by the grace of Lord Siva. Lord Siva is the supreme devotee of Lord Vishnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Vaishnavanam yatha sambhuh: the most exalted Vaishnava is Lord Siva, and those who are actually devotees of Lord Siva follow Lord Siva's advice and take shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Vishnu. The so-called devotees of Lord Siva, who are simply after material prosperity, are in a way deceived by Lord Siva. He does not actually deceive them, because Lord Siva has no business deceiving people, but because the so-called devotees of Lord Siva want to be deceived, Lord Siva, who is very easily pleased, allows them all kinds of material benedictions. These benedictions might ironically result in the destruction of the so-called devotees. For instance, Ravana took all material benediction from Lord Siva, but the result was that he was ultimately destroyed with his family, kingdom and everything else because he misused Lord Siva's benediction. Because of his material power, he became very proud and puffed up so that he dared kidnap the wife of Lord Ramacandra. In this way he was ruined. To get material benedictions from Lord Siva is not difficult, but actually these are not benedictions. The Pracetas received benediction from Lord Siva, and as a result they attained the shelter of the lotus feet of Lord Vishnu. This is real benediction. The gopis also worshiped Lord Siva in Vrindavana, and the lord is still staying there as Gopisvara. The gopis, however, prayed that Lord Siva bless them by giving them Lord Krishna as their husband. There is no harm in worshiping the demigods, provided that one's aim is to return home, back to Godhead. Generally people go to the demigods for material benefit, as indicated in Bhagavad-gita (7.20):

kamais tais tair hrita-jnanah

prapadyante 'nya-devatah

tam tam niyamam asthaya

prakritya niyatah svaya

"Those whose minds are distorted by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures." One enamored by material benefits is called hrita jnana ("one who has lost his intelligence"). In this connection it is to be noted that sometimes in revealed scriptures Lord Siva is described as being nondifferent from the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The point is that Lord Siva and Lord Vishnu are so intimately connected that there is no difference in opinion. The actual fact is, ekale isvara krishna, ara saba bhritya: "The only supreme master is Krishna, and all others are His devotees or servants." (Cc. Adi 5.142) This is the real fact, and there is no difference of opinion between Lord Siva and Lord Vishnu in this connection. Nowhere in revealed scripture does Lord Siva claim to be equal to Lord Vishnu. This is simply the creation of the so-called devotees of Lord Siva, who claim that Lord Siva and Lord Vishnu are one. This is strictly forbidden in the Vaishnava-tantra: yas tu narayanam devam. Lord Vishnu, Lord Siva and Lord Brahma are intimately connected as master and servants. Siva-virinci-nutam. Vishnu is honored and offered obeisances by Lord Siva and Lord Brahma. To consider that they are all equal is a great offense. They are all equal in the sense that Lord Vishnu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and all others are His eternal servants.

The sectarians say Vaishnavas should not worship Shiva, but Krishna himself and Sri Rama have shown that Shiva is worshippable.

Do they worship Lord Shiva as the greatest Vaisnava, who is very dear to Lord Sri KRSNA???:confused:

" harer nama harer nama harer namaiva kevalam

kalau nasty eva nasti eva nasti eva gatir anyatha"

- A Sanskrit verse from Brhan-naradiya Purana which means

"In this age of Kali, there is no alternative, there is no alternative, there is no alternative for spiritual progress other than the chanting of the holy name, the chanting of the holy name, the chanting of the holy name of the Lord."

Śrī Brahma-saḿhitā 5.16

ahańkārātmakaḿ viśvaḿ

tasmād etad vyajāyata

SYNONYMS

ahańkāra — the mundane egotistic principle; ātmakam — enshrining; viśvam — universe; tasmāt — from that (Śambhu); etat — this; vyajāyata — has originated.

TRANSLATION

The function of Śambhu in relation to jīvas is that this universe enshrining the mundane egotistic principle has originated from Śambhu.

PURPORT

The basic principle is the Supreme Lord Himself who is the embodiment of the principle of existence of all entities devoid of separating egotisms. In this mundane world the appearance of individual entities as separated egotistic symbols, is the limited perverted reflection of the unalloyed spiritual (cit) potency; and, as representing the primal masculine divine generative function Śambhu, it is united to the accommodating principle, viz., the mundane female organ which is the perverted reflection of the spiritual (cit) potency, Ramādevī. At this function Śambhu is nothing but the mere material causal principle embodying the extension in the shape of ingredient as matter. Again when in course of the progressive evolution of mundane creation each universe is manifested, then in the principle of Śambhu, born of the space between the two eyebrows of Viṣṇu, there appears the manifestation of the personality of Rudra; yet under all circumstances Śambhu fully enshrines the mundane egotistic principle. The innumerable jīvas as spiritual particles emanating from the oversoul in the form of pencils of rays of effulgence, have no relation with the mundane world when they come to know themselves to be the eternal servants of the Supreme Lord. They are then incorporated into the realm of Vaikuṇṭha. But when they desire to lord it over Māyā, forgetting their real identity. the egotistic principle Śambhu entering into their entities makes them identify themselves as separated enjoyers of mundane entities. Hence Śambhu is the primary principle of the egotistic mundane universe and of perverted egotism in jīvas that identifies itself with their limited material bodies.

Guest guest

Since Siva represents the partial power of Lord Vishnu we consider him a demigod.

Only Vishnu is God and all other devatas are demigods.

The Vedic shastra says that Siva is not as great as Vishnu or Narayana, so we consider Siva as a demigod.

Vishnu is the origin of Siva. Siva is partial manifestation of Krishna - not complete, so he is demigod.

Only Vishnu, Narayana or Krishna is God.

All other devatas are demigods and serve Krishna as servant.

Siva is servant of Krishna.

So, he is demigod.

Using the same "logic" Lord Vishnu is a demigod when compared to Lord Krsna.

The fact is, in our theology Lord Shiva is another complete whole (purnam) emanating from a complete whole (Maha Vishnu). Calling Lord Shiva a demigod in our tradition has no shastric basis, and is used only out of preaching considerations. Yet such preaching concerns should not lead to apasiddhanta.

Lord Shiva represents fewer transcendental qualities of opulence as compared to Lord Vishnu, not partial power. The power of Lord Shiva is infinite.

Calling Lord Shiva a demigod is definitely a risky business, and unless coupled with proper understanding of Vaishnava siddhanta can be considered offensive.

Using the same "logic" Lord Vishnu is a demigod when compared to Lord Krsna.

The fact is, in our theology Lord Shiva is another complete whole (purnam) emanating from a complete whole (Maha Vishnu). Calling Lord Shiva a demigod in our tradition has no shastric basis, and is used only out of preaching considerations. Yet such preaching concerns should not lead to apasiddhanta.

Lord Shiva represents fewer transcendental qualities of opulence as compared to Lord Vishnu, not partial power. The power of Lord Shiva is infinite.

Calling Lord Shiva a demigod is definitely a risky business, and unless coupled with proper understanding of Vaishnava siddhanta can be considered offensive.

If this is what you've been trying to say then you've been trying to setup some of the posters. What your saying here is totally true. This is why Adwaita Acharya is said to be both Maha Visnu and Sada Siva.

Lord Śiva accepts māyā, but in the presence of Lord Viṣṇu, māyā does not exist. Consequently Lord Śiva has to be considered a product of māyā. When Lord Śiva is free from māyā's influence, he is in the position of a mahā-bhāgavata, a supreme devotee of Lord Viṣṇu. Vaiṣṇavānāḿ yathā śambhuh

So, the Vaishnavas are interested in the Siva who is free from maya's influence - the Bhakta Siva.

Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 4.6.42

brahmovāca

jāne tvām īśaḿ viśvasya

jagato yoni-bījayoḥ

śakteḥ śivasya ca paraḿ

yat tad brahma nirantaram

SYNONYMS

brahmā uvāca — Lord Brahmā said; jāneI know; tvām — you (Lord Śiva); īśam — the controller; viśvasya — of the entire material manifestation; jagataḥ — of the cosmic manifestation; yoni-bījayoḥ — of both the mother and father; śakteḥ — of potency; śivasya — of Śiva; ca — and; param — the Supreme; yat — which; tat — that; brahma — without change; nirantaram — with no material qualities.

TRANSLATION

Lord Brahmā said: My dear Lord Śiva, I know that you are the controller of the entire material manifestation, the combination father and mother of the cosmic manifestation, and the Supreme Brahman beyond the cosmic manifestation as well. I know you in that way.

PURPORT

Although Lord Brahmā had received very respectful obeisances from Lord Śiva, he knew that Lord Śiva was in a more exalted position than himself. Lord Śiva's position is described in Brahma-saḿhitā: there is no difference between Lord Viṣṇu and Lord Śiva in their original positions, but still Lord Śiva is different from Lord Viṣṇu. The example is given that the milk in yogurt is not different from the original milk from which it was made.

Sambhu is an amsa of Sadashiva.

Lord Brahma prays to Lord Siva:

Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 4.6.46

na vai satāḿ tvac-caraṇārpitātmanāḿ

bhūteṣu sarveṣv abhipaśyatāḿ tava

bhūtāni cātmany apṛthag-didṛkṣatāḿ

prāyeṇa roṣo 'bhibhaved yathā paśum

SYNONYMS

na — not; vai — but; satām — of the devotees; tvat-caraṇa-arpita-ātmanām — of those who are completely surrendered at your lotus feet; bhūteṣu — among living entities; sarveṣu — all varieties; abhipaśyatām — perfectly seeing; tava — your; bhūtāni — living entities; ca — and; ātmaniin the Supreme; apṛthak — nondifferent; didṛkṣatām — those who see like that; prāyeṇa — almost always; roṣaḥ — anger; abhibhavet — takes place; yathā — exactly like; paśum — the animals.

TRANSLATION

My dear Lord, devotees who have fully dedicated their lives unto your lotus feet certainly observe your presence as Paramātmā in each and every being, and as such they do not differentiate between one living being and another. Such persons treat all living entities equally. They never become overwhelmed by anger like animals, who can see nothing without differentiation.

This Siva as Paramatma is the Sadasiva.

Jivas can become Rudras (Siva) if they execute the post of Lord Brahma for 100 lifetimes.

(per Narayana Maharaja)

a Jiva can never become Sadasiva.

Guest guest

If this is what you've been trying to say then you've been trying to setup some of the posters. What your saying here is totally true. This is why Adwaita Acharya is said to be both Maha Visnu and Sada Siva.

sorry, this post was mine. no setup intended

Originally Posted by Beggar

Mahavishnu and Sadasiva are one and the same.:D

When this Sadasiva deals with maya he becomes Shambhu.

Prof. C.S. Mahadev:

i. Brahma, Vishnu, Rudra, Maheswara and Sadasiva are called the Moorthi Panchakam and of these five Sadasiva is Mahavishnu Himself or Lord of the Lords. ii. Of the three Brahma, Mahavishnu and Siva, Mahavishnu alone is the embodiment of Satvika guna, what we need is this consciousness of Satva. iii. Sankara Bagavatapada has emphasized in his Puranasangraha that Lord Mahavishnu's Satya Loka is the seat of Vaikunta where the Lords of Lords dwells. v. Madhavacharya, in his Puranasara says that Vishnu, Siva, Brahma-all mean Mahavishnu. They are not separate but one. The Universality of God is brought out by Madhawacharya.

non-ISKCON scholar gives his view.

Lord Shiva has got the most percentage of transcendental qualities after Lord Krishna and Lord Vishnu and therefore Lord Shiva is very much respectable to all the Vaishnavas.

He is in-fact the "Best Vaishnava" - Vaishnavanam Yatha Shambhu!. Of course, the Shaivaites may say the other way round and therefore there is no need to argue unnecessarily. -- Respect other person's faith!

This is my humble opinion. Hare Krishna!

Guest guest

Sambhu is an amsa of Sadashiva.

Guruvani!! Do you even understand the meaning of 'Shambhu'?

Shambu means Swayambhu! One who has emanated out of his own self!

Self born, created by his own self, will and power! Shiva is Swayambhu, Shambhu and Sadashiva. You run after these demarcations, but try reaching any of them!

Guruvani!! Do you even understand the meaning of 'Shambhu'?

Shambu means Swayambhu! One who has emanated out of his own self!

Self born, created by his own self, will and power! Shiva is Swayambhu, Shambhu and Sadashiva. You run after these demarcations, but try reaching any of them!

Sambhu (Sanskrit) [from sam auspiciously, happily + bhu being, existing]

Guest guest

auspiciously, happily + experiencefestival.com/bhu"]bhuI] being, existing]

oh yeah? And what happened to the 'h' in Shambhu? Just like the 'h' in Krishna? This is not complete explaination anyways.