IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Michelangelo's Love in Separation

Rate this topic

This is what Michelangelo considered as highest love in separation to God's son Lord Jesus:

To be put in the position of Nikodemus who took Jesus' body from the cross and his eyes almost blinded from tears. :crying2:

He then chiseled this sculpture to be his gravestone....

61lwsv9.jpg

posted by guruvani:

The Blessed Lord said: While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor the dead.

This would be of course also sriman guruvani's wise wisdom to rectify the behaviour of Lord Caitanya, who, according guruvani, was also caught up in the very same foolish illusion, "...would not give up the body of Haridas". Genuine know-it-all American Vaishnavism, a real blessing for all humanity.

"All the devotees seeing their beloved Haridas Thakur like this, he had left them. They were weeping, weeping in the agony of separation. But, at the same time seeing the Lord’s love for his devotee they were in ecstasy. They chanted and they danced and they chanted and they danced. And Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu would not give up the body of Haridas. Svarup Damodara Gosvami somehow stopped the Lord from dancing. He said, “My Lord it is time for the last rites. We must perform the funeral ceremony. Let us make the arrangements.”

http://www.vedabase.net

This would be of course also sriman guruvani's wise wisdom to rectify the behaviour of Lord Caitanya,[url="http://www.vedabase.net/"]

Comparing Nikodemus with Lord Chaitanya?

See, that is why it is better to leave all these other religions out of a devotee's life.

When you mix and mingle religious sentiment you just become a sahajiya and start dragging Mahaprabhu down to the level of some Jewish fellow from out of the Bible.

I think these kinds of comparisons are pathetic.

Hey Guruvani why don't you stop pissing on everyone elses realizations. You are truly a pain the ass. You are ruining every thread with you fat ass mouth. You are like a seventh grader who disrupts the class so no one can learn just to gain some attention even if it is for being a jerk.

You should be banned again until you can acquire some manners.

Hey Guruvani why don't you stop pissing on everyone elses realizations. You are truly a pain the ass. You are ruining every thread with you fat ass mouth. You are like a seventh grader who disrupts the class so no one can learn just to gain some attention even if it is for being a jerk.

You should be banned again until you can acquire some manners.

Sorry pal, but when you sentiment-vadis compare Mahaprabhu with the likes of Nikodemus somebody needs to intervene and stop the madness.

You Jesus whiners are always boring.

Why can't you talk philosophy instead of spouting off mundane sentiments in support of people in the bodily concept of life?

the Christians believe that the body will be resurrected from the grave when Jesus returns to save the faithful.

talk about the bodily conception of life!

these people are so attached to the stool-bag that they want it to become eternal.

those people were whining over the death of the body.

Jesus was the body.

That is their faith system.

duh.....

what is wrong with this picture?

Guruvani, you spend much time here wasting bandwidth with your continual large-font pontification and criticism of others.

This is not becoming behavior for a senior devotee such as yourself.

Guruvani, you spend much time here wasting bandwidth with your continual large-font pontification and criticism of others.

This is not becoming behavior for a senior devotee such as yourself.

large font?

man, don't blame me for what that other person does.

where is my LARGE FONT pontification?

You obviously have jumped in to pass judgement hastily and blame me for what others are doing.

If you are going to criticise me then fine, but don't blame me for what that other guy is doing.:deal:

Guruvani, large-font pontification.

T

How about the large picture pontification in the first post of the topic?

Now, some Jew named "Nikodemus" has become compared to Sri Chaitanya.

Where will all this sentimental nonsense end?

JEEEZIS............ gimme a break.

large font?

man, don't blame me for what that other person does.

where is my LARGE FONT pontification?

You obviously have jumped in to pass judgement hastily and blame me for what others are doing.

If you are going to criticise me then fine, but don't blame me for what that other guy is doing.:deal:

OK, point taken on the "large-font pontification"...apologies.

Correction to my original post: "small-font pontification and continual criticism of others".

How about the large picture pontification in the first post of the topic?

Now, some Jew named "Nikodemus" has become compared to Sri Chaitanya.

Where will all this sentimental nonsense end?

JEEEZIS............ gimme a break.

The "sentimental nonsense" will be gone whenever you let go of it.

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was on this planet from 1486 - 1534 and Michelangelo from 1475 – 1564. Could be that Lord Caitanya's presence was somehow influencing the religious sentiment of people not only in India but on the whole planet. Fact is that Michelangelo's understanding about God is better than mayavadha understanding which seems to be at the bottom of Hinduism.

Prabhupada: Spirit soul is untouched by all these thing. It requires simply realization. Great devotees like Bharata Mahārāja or Prahlāda Mahārāja, Haridāsa Ṭhākura, because they were very, very much advanced in spiritual consciousness, these ethereal activities on the external body did not touch them. Even in our Western world, Lord Jesus Christ, he was also crucified, but it did not touch him.

full lecture: http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/750112SB.BOM.htm?i=1975

wolf_in_sheeps_clothing.JPG

Guruvani preparing to enter Audarya Fellowship and ruin another thread while making himself the topic of conversation instead.

I see Theist is home from church and on the attack.

Guruvani preparing to enter Audarya Fellowship and ruin another thread while making himself the topic of conversation instead.
:D

I see Theist is home from church and on the attack.
:D

I talk philosophy.

You are the one that makes me the topic.

Don't blame me when you guys make me the topic.

I talk about issues and philosophy, not about myself.

So, I am waiting for your apology! :popcorn:

Guest guest

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was on this planet from 1486 - 1534 and Michelangelo from 1475 – 1564. Could be that Lord Caitanya's presence was somehow influencing the religious sentiment of people not only in India but on the whole planet.

Could it be that the consciousness it self was reaching higher in various cultures around the planet? Why does it have to be attributed to a saint in Bengal?

The Blessed Lord said: While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor the dead.

A dead body is not lamentable but it is lamentable that a saktyavesa avatar (according to Prabhupada anyway) comes to Earth to spread God consciousness and is killed by Earth's residents. It's like if Prabhupada was poisoned saying "oh well, no big deal" its just a dead body left behind. Just a tad bit insensitive there Sparky. :)

A dead body is not lamentable but it is lamentable that a saktyavesa avatar (according to Prabhupada anyway) comes to Earth to spread God consciousness and is killed by Earth's residents. It's like if Prabhupada was poisoned saying "oh well, no big deal" its just a dead body left behind. Just a tad bit insensitive there Sparky. :)

Michelangelo carved one of the most magnificent sculptures ever created from a single slab of marble in less than two years. His interpretation of the Pieta was far different than those previously created by other artists. Michelangelo decided to create a youthful, serene and celestial Virgin Mary instead of a broken hearted and somewhat older woman.

Pieta.jpg

the problem is that "Jesus" could not have had long hair as portrayed by Michelangelo.

In the writings of Paul and other places in the Bible it is shameful and a disgrace for a man to have long hair.

So, Christian researchers have concluded that actually "Jesus" could not have kept his hair long.

Forensic science has concluded that Jesus would have looked more like this..........

jesusface.jpg

So, Krishna did not protect his "shaktyavesha avatar"?

Jesus was crucified by Earthings and there was nothing God could do to stop that?

If Jesus was shaktyavesha, then his getting killed on the cross was his lila.

Why should anyone cry if Jesus was performing his lila of getting crucifed on the cross?

If Jesus had not been crucified on the cross then the blood of the lamb could not have been the salvation for all of mankind right?

Without the crucifiction, then there would be no salvation for man?

So, the crucifiction is good no?

Jesus died on the cross to accept all the sins of mankind so we could all go to heaven and enjoy our senses right?

Ol Michaelangelo had the knack, didnt he. Captured human emotion in a real profound manner. Only idiots criticize and nit-pick, but others will appreciate that Krsna is the ability in man, and this artist was quite good. As far as the dead body goes, the wise lament neither the living or the dead, the devotee is mortified at the separation he feels for the departed vaisnava. Lamentation means missing what that body has done for me, separation from the devotee of Krsna is a transcendental emotion, not to be confused with lamentation.

Get off it guruvani, everyone, by now, knows your opinion in the matter. You dont have to ruin every thread with your rhetoric about how lame jesus was.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Tears flowed incessantly as Lord Chaitanya placed the body of Haridas thakura in the sea. So there. I wont go into how Lord Jesus and Haridas are the same person, too much like casting pearls before swine.