IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

It's only the beginning ..... dawn.

Rate this topic

TRANSLATION Bg 5.16

When, however, one is enlightened with the knowledge by which nescience is destroyed, then his knowledge reveals everything, as the sun lights up everything in the daytime.

PURPORT

Those who have forgotten Krishna must certainly be bewildered, but those who are in Krishna consciousness are not bewildered at all. It is stated in the Bhagavad-gita, sarvam jnana-plavena, jnanagnih sarva-karmani and na hi jnanena sadrisam. Knowledge is always highly esteemed. And what is that knowledge? Perfect knowledge is achieved when one surrenders unto Krishna, as is said in the Seventh Chapter, 19th verse: bahunam janmanam ante jnanavan mam prapadyate. After passing through many, many births, when one perfect in knowledge surrenders unto Krishna, or when one attains Krishna consciousness, then everything is revealed to him, as everything is revealed by the sun in the daytime. The living entity is bewildered in so many ways. For instance, when he unceremoniously thinks himself God, he actually falls into the last snare of nescience. If a living entity is God, then how can he become bewildered by nescience? Does God become bewildered by nescience? If so, then nescience, or Satan, is greater than God. Real knowledge can be obtained from a person who is in perfect Krishna consciousness. Therefore, one has to seek out such a bona fide spiritual master and, under him, learn what Krishna consciousness is, for Krishna consciousness will certainly drive away all nescience, as the sun drives away darkness. Even though a person may be in full knowledge that he is not this body but is transcendental to the body, he still may not be able to discriminate between the soul and the Supersoul. However, he can know everything well if he cares to take shelter of the perfect, bona fide Krishna conscious spiritual master. One can know God and one's relationship with God only when one actually meets a representative of God. A representative of God never claims that he is God, although he is paid all the respect ordinarily paid to God because he has knowledge of God. One has to learn the distinction between God and the living entity. Lord Sri Krishna therefore stated in the Second Chapter (2.12) that every living being is individual and that the Lord also is individual. They were all individuals in the past, they are individuals at present, and they will continue to be individuals in the future, even after liberation. At night we see everything as one in the darkness, but in day, when the sun is up, we see everything in its real identity. Identity with individuality in spiritual life is real knowledge.

I believe it is important to remember that most of us are at the very beginning of Krsna conscious realization which is just dawning on us in this lifetime. There are some who are much further along in this process but the bulk of us are just getting our spiritual eyes acclimated to the sunlight and all it will reveal. 'We ain't seen nothing yet' as the saying goes which means we have a reason to approach the future in Krsna consciousness with great joy and expectation.

Guest guest

Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja:

You are very fortunate that you have either taken birth in a devotee family, or somehow Krsna has given you the intelligence to hear hari-katha. You will have to hear. What is the meaning of the word 'hear'?

Once an avadhuta (not Dattatreya) came to the assembly of King Vikramaditya and challenged the king's council members. He had been carrying a human skull, and now he put it on the table and asked, “Who can tell whether this person was very intelligent or foolish during his lifetime?” No one could answer, so he said, “I have wasted my time here. Everyone here is foolish, because nobody can answer.” King Vikramaditya said, “One of my counselors, Kalidasa, is coming in a few moments. He may answer you. Please don't be angry.” Kalidasa soon came, and that man again asked the question. Kalidasa picked up a coconut leaf straw. He put it in one ear of the skull and it came out the other. He then said, “Oh, he was foolish. If the straw would have gone in one ear and then down towards the heart, that would have indicated intelligence. ”

Don’t be foolish. Be intelligent. We should hear about the real nature of bhakti – not the kind of hearing in which the subject matter goes in one ear and out the other, but truly following and getting genuine realization. Full bhakti is so high that it is rare to find one who has realized it. We begin from the point of sraddha, where the first and smallest fraction of bhakti manifests. We must know what is sraddha, how it comes, and what are its effects. Keep this in your hearts and be determined to follow these teachings.

Once an avadhuta (not Dattatreya) came to the assembly of King Vikramaditya and challenged the king's council members. He had been carrying a human skull,

I have never seen any Gaudiya acharya use this story.

It is a generic story that none of the Gaudiya acharyas have ever used.

Guest guest

In vaisnava tradition as well. In fact, gaurakisora das babaji used these tactics to keep fools from approaching him, including eating from a human skull. Me, Im no avadhuta, but I spend all my time in the graveyard (at $17 per hour). Ill post a picture later this week.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

In vaisnava tradition as well. In fact, gaurakisora das babaji used these tactics to keep fools from approaching him, including eating from a human skull.

please post an authoritative reference to support that.

anything that far-fetched needs to have some substantial documentation apart from hearsay.

Bhakta Alfred said that he understood about the implications of repeated birth and death in this world, I thought that he was going to surrender and move in the temple, then he said:

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

Bhakta Alfred said that he understood about the implications of repeated birth and death in this world, I thought that he was going to surrender and move in the temple, then he said:

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

LOL. Birth and death? What? Me worry? I'm spiritsoul and not subject to either.