IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Astrology and Spiritual Guidance

Rate this topic

In lecture of 23rd December 1966 Prabhupada says, it was written in his birth chart when exactly he would go to New York and start a global Sankirtan Movement.

Often we hear, Astrology just relates to our karmic situation but never says when the Supreme Lord Sri Krishna will bestow His mercy upon us.

Or did Prabhupada just say it to attract the newcomers - knowing that he has fully transcended his horoscope?

Srila Prabhupada: [...]You will be surprised… Not surprised. This is calculation. In my horoscope it is written there, “At the age of seventy years he will go across the sea.”

It is written there. Yes. And there are so many things still. So this astrologer was so accurate. I have got that horoscope. Not here. If some day I shall, then will show. It is clearly written there that “This time he will go across the sea.” Just see. The circumstances became so that I have come. So astrology is so nice.

So when Kṛṣṇa was born the same principle was followed. Astrologer was called for, and there were good astrologers. And the great astrologer, a famous astrologer who came to see Kṛṣṇa’s birth affair, he was Gargamuni. His name was Gargamuni. Yes. So that Gargamuni, by astrology, said to Kṛṣṇa’s father Nanda Mahārāja, “This boy, this child who is born as your son, He had three colors before.” Āsan varṇās trayo hy asya: “This child had three colors before. I see.” Just see the astrology. From astrology he says that “He had three colors before.” That means God. “He had three colors before.” Gṛhṇato ’nuyugaṁ tanūḥ: “According to the age, according

to the millennium, He had three other colors.” Śuklo raktas tathā pīta idānīṁ kṛṣṇatāṁ gataḥ: “And He had that white color and red color and yellow color. Idānīm, just now, He has assumed this black color.” So this was the astronomical calculation of Kṛṣṇa’s birth.[...]

Full lecture: http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/661223CC.NY.htm?i=1966