IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
radhagovind

IS falling in love and thinking about that person bad? (religiously)

Rate this topic

I was wondering that because you mostly think of that person and it does take your mind away from the lord so is this bad or something Lord Krishna think of as normal for us?

I don't know for sure but I can't see the harm in falling in love with someone if you both are able to think about and serve the lord. Apparently in the Vedic literature if you are a man and you think too much about your wife especially when you are dying you end up reincarnating as a woman so I guess you have to be careful of not doing that.

I was wondering that because you mostly think of that person and it does take your mind away from the lord so is this bad or something Lord Krishna think of as normal for us?

First thing it is essential to know who the person you are loving is. Every person is a part of Krsna, spiritsoul. If you love on that level then there can be no harm or danger of forgetting Krsna.

But before that level is reached our love is vauge. We are not sure what it is we are loving. We think of the beloved in terms of a material body. This type of love is bound to cause us pain in due course because it is so temporary. It is a doomed love affair.IOW's if you are trying to love some person separately from Krsna then that is not really love. It is just a fleeting emotional attachment that will insure another material body.

The bridge is a Krsna conscious marriage where both help each other remember Krsna and to keep Him in the center. In this endeavor real spiritual love can blossom, for Krsna and your partner. Because of our fallen condition this takes work and success is not quarunteed, but it may be the best option.

Love is the sacred thing. But we have modified its meaning to mere relationship of two moving bodies... ... ...it's ridiculous. Read ancient love stories such as Laila Majanu, Rabbiya and ...

Love can happen anywhere anytime... ... ... ... seeks nothing... ... ... ...it could happen even with a flower... this is the only true essence of human heart... ... ... ...

but the true love can be found between Guru and Sishya only.

No relationship continues birth by birth except Guru N shisya's.

Only the Love between a Guru N a shisya is true, nothing else...

Guest guest

I do not think that falling in love with somebody is bad, it is perfectly natural to fall in love, because every living body has equal right to continue his vansh, but if u r married then it is perfectly wrong.

Guest guest

Just don't fall in love with some of the people I have fallen in love with, because they are bad news bears [smile] [gag] [cough] [sigh].

You can check the astro chart and if you have Mars Dosha that means you will be attracted time and again to the wrong people for you, and the people who are good for you, you are not interested in.

So in that case it is dangerous to fall in love. Anyway what is falling in love? you program your mind to do it. "Fall" implies you have no control over it.

Read "How to Break You Addiction to Another Person".

Basically we think of another in conjunction with warm fuzzies and then we associate that person with nice feelings. But if the person is actually a liar , con artist, undisciplined, broke all his or her samaya vows, then how you break the addiction is you write down all of the bad things about that person then every time you remember their charming whatevers then you teach yourself how to associate their name, form, qualities with those bad things not the sappy things you romanticized and fantasized about.

Sometimes we fall in love with an illusion or a fantasy in which case is only Moha or delusion.

Love with material objects that includes the body is wrong. Such love should be channelised to God.

Love with material objects that includes the body is wrong. Such love should be channelised to God.

True.

The cowherd boys are expansions of Krishna.

They are not seperate from Krishna.

They are different forms of Krishna as the gopis are different forms of Radha.

Guest guest

The topic is loving a person which implies a jiva (divine spark). Which there is nothing wrong with period unless in the extreme rare circumstance it slows down bhakti too much.