IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

how can hormones/lust/need for affection become so strong?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna dear devotees.

I Am practicing KC for quiet some years now and I felt confortable with the 4 principles. Even before KC I was not breaking them really. So its wasnt hard following them -a peacefull procces ( it is my mind whom is my biggest obstacel)

but now I do not know whats going on in my (female)body.

I have since some months, such a need for affection, suddenly I am attached! I do not understand..are they my hormones? I am 26.

are they my senses whom are strenghten more and more.

its really and irritation thing, as I easily get attached towards bodly contact.

I also thought that perhaps its that I would like to receive some intimed attention? as I am 'single' for 10 years...?

But what can I do to overcome this out of nothing attachment for a men body and that I easily fall in love lately...

I am working on my habbits( eating, sleeping not to much ).

I hope some one recognize this feelings...could you share your thoughts about that with me. what is it that Krishna wants me to learn...maybe its time to have a relationship?

thanx

Hare Krishna dear devotees.

I Am practicing KC for quiet some years now and I felt confortable with the 4 principles. Even before KC I was not breaking them really. So its wasnt hard following them -a peacefull procces ( it is my mind whom is my biggest obstacel)

but now I do not know whats going on in my (female)body.

I have since some months, such a need for affection, suddenly I am attached! I do not understand..are they my hormones? I am 26.

are they my senses whom are strenghten more and more.

its really and irritation thing, as I easily get attached towards bodly contact.

I also thought that perhaps its that I would like to receive some intimed attention? as I am 'single' for 10 years...?

But what can I do to overcome this out of nothing attachment for a men body and that I easily fall in love lately...

I am working on my habbits( eating, sleeping not to much ).

I hope some one recognize this feelings...could you share your thoughts about that with me. what is it that Krishna wants me to learn...maybe its time to have a relationship?

thanx

“It is only by the grace of the Supreme Lord that one can be protected from the allurement of lusty material desires. The Lord gives protection to devotees who are always engaged in His transcendental loving service.” (SB 3.12.32)

For Vaishnavas it is always important to have the good association of fixed up Vaishnavas. Lord Sri Caitanya taught Srila Rupa Gosvami that a devotee must water the creeper of devotional service through the process of hearing and chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra. If we allow weeds to grow unabated they will sap our vital spiritual energy. Therefore, the combination of both these activities of watering the devotional creeper and weeding out the unwanted habits are essential for our progress in devotional service.

TEXT 20

prasangam ajaram pasam

atmanah kavayo viduh

sa eva sadhusu krto

moksa-dvaram apavrtam

SYNONYMS

prasangam--attachment; ajaram--strong; pasam--entanglement; atmanah--of the soul; kavayah--learned men; viduh--know; sah eva--that same; sadhusu--to the devotees; krtah--applied; moksa-dvaram--the door of liberation; apavrtam--opened.

TRANSLATION

Every learned man knows very well that attachment for the material is the greatest entanglement of the spirit soul. But that same attachment, when applied to the self-realized devotees, opens the door of liberation.

PURPORT

Here it is clearly stated that attachment for one thing is the cause of bondage in conditioned life, and the same attachment, when applied to something else, opens the door of liberation. Attachment cannot be killed; it has simply to be transferred. Attachment for material things is called material consciousness, and attachment for Krsna or His devotee is called Krsna consciousness. Consciousness, therefore, is the platform of attachment. It is clearly stated here that when we simply purify the consciousness from material consciousness to Krsna consciousness, we attain liberation. Despite the statement that one should give up attachment, desirelessness is not possible for a living entity. A living entity, by constitution, has the propensity to be attached to something. We see that if someone has no object of attachment, if he has no children, then he transfers his attachment to cats and dogs. This indicates that the propensity for attachment cannot be stopped; it must be utilized for the best purpose. Our attachment for material things perpetuates our conditional state, but the same attachment, when transferred to the Supreme Personality of Godhead or His devotee, is the source of liberation.

Here it is recommended that attachment should be transferred to the self-realized devotees, the sadhus. And who is a sadhu? A sadhu is not just an ordinary man with a saffron robe or long beard. A sadhu is described in Bhagavad-gita as one who unflinchingly engages in devotional service. Even though one is found not to be following the strict rules and regulations of devotional service, if one simply has unflinching faith in Krsna, the Supreme Person, he is understood to be a sadhu. Sadhur eva sa mantavyah. A sadhu is a strict follower of devotional service. It is recommended here that if one at all wants to realize Brahman, or spiritual perfection, his attachment should be transferred to the sadhu, or devotee. Lord Caitanya also confirmed this. Lava-matra sadhu-sange sarva-siddhi haya: simply by a moment's association with a sadhu, one can attain perfection.

Mahatma is a synonym of sadhu. It is said that service to a mahatma, or elevated devotee of the Lord, is dvaram ahur vimukteh, the royal road of liberation. Mahat-sevam dvaram ahur vimuktes tamo-dvaram yositam sangi-sangam (Bhag. 5.5.2). Rendering service to the materialists has the opposite effect. If anyone offers service to a gross materialist, or a person engaged only in sense enjoyment, then by association with such a person the door to hell is opened. The same principle is confirmed here. Attachment to a devotee is attachment to the service of the Lord because if one associates with a sadhu, the result will be that the sadhu will teach him how to become a devotee, a worshiper and a sincere servitor of the Lord. These are the gifts of a sadhu. If we want to associate with a sadhu, we cannot expect him to give us instructions on how to improve our material condition, but he will give us instructions on how to cut the knot of the contamination of material attraction and how to elevate ourselves in devotional service. That is the result of associating with a sadhu. Kapila Muni first of all instructs that the path of liberation begins with such association.:pray:

Guest guest

What I add is that we cannot stand up alone to battle the six urges, of which the tactile sense is one. We are not more powerful than the biologic needs.

The cool thing about Krsna Consciousness is utilization. We do not throw away all our watches, we put them on so we can get to arotika in time. Same thing with our 26 year old bodies. We do not crush them because they work in a certain manner. This is a process employed by many demons we read about, like Ravana and Hiranyakasipu.

Our desires need to be purified, not destroyed. Srila Prabhupada never tells his disciples to give up sex life, the key word is "illicit". Krsna tells us he is sex life according to religious principles. So, we utilize properly, thats all. We have desires, the proper utilization is in accordance with religious principles. Eating, sleeping, mating, and defending, all biologic electrical impulses thast we are bound with as long as we take birth and prepare to die. The bhakti process is that which purifies these things and gives us a higher purpose to simultaneous practice - submissive inquiry into the tattwa of life.

Hare Krsna, worrying about it may be more harmful. ys, mahaksadasa

Some people mature later than others.

I was like that.

I was in my late 20's before the urges hit me too.

But, late bloomers are also late to to grow out of it.

I am 53 now and still dealing with it.

So, maybe you should think about getting married and having a family.

If you can find a nice devotee husband, then there is nothing wrong with getting married and having a couple kids.

For sense enjoyers, there is often a cycle of enjoyment and renunciation (bhog/tiyag).

After a night of drinking, one wakes up with a hangover and swears off liquor for a day or two.

A co-worker of mine who is a good-hearted and intelligent sensualist will occasionally do a "Master Cleanse" to rid himself of the pollutants accumulated from his frequent BBQing of flesh, etc.

As the previous posters have noted, the wise person realizes the potentially never-ending nature of the cycle and, instead, dovetails their attachments in service to the Center.

I too am amazed at the effects of hormones and other body chemicals on the pysche. Too much dopamine and I fall in love with every young sweet thing I see. My body is over 55 and no young sweet things seem intertested in returning the affection though. Alas...sigh. It is a form of torture for sure.

But the desire to show affection and love arise from the soul and are natural. The problem is we have taken our natural propensity to love into the material field and are misdirecting it onto matrial objects.

We all know this on a certain level but until we advance much more spiritually are we guarunteed to suffer from the confusion.

The only bridge seems to be family life with a gradual renunciation at the end just like varna-ashram prescribes.

The vedic sages have understood the problems faced in human life and long ago prescribed the cure. In the context of modern human society we need not so much to follow the outward manifestations of classic varna-ashram but emulating the prescribed gradual pyschological changes of those prescriptions remains a necessity.