IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

SiCKO by Micheal Moore; 1% of Population Controls 80% of World's Wealth!

Rate this topic

200px-Sickoposter.jpg

I just watch a bootlegged copy of Michael Moore's new documentary, Sicko.

Sick is a very good word to describe how I felt after watching the movie. I found it very painful to see so much suffering caused by greed and selfishness.

On the surface the movie is about the health care system is the United States. But what the movie is really about is how the greedy people of this world are terribly exploiting the poor.

The health care system is cruel and inhumane for only one reason, money. The people on top want to make as much money as possible and they don't care at all about the suffering anyone else. This documentary brings to light a small portion of how the rich exploit the poor, I am sure this is just the tip of the proverbial iceburg. It is astounding when you realize that one percent of the population controls eighty percent of the worlds wealth.

Of course as devotees we are not so concerned about politics and certainly we wouldn't let something like this disturb our Krishna Consciousness. Whether every country in the world has free health care, or whether no country in the world has free health care we will still chant Hare Krishna, read Srimad Bhagavatam, preach Krishna consciousness.

But seeing a movie like this is a powerful reminder of the truly demoniac forces in the world who care nothing for the suffering they cause to others. It is a reminder to take Krishna consciousness to heart, and try our best to create a revolution in society so that the people in general can take to God consciousness. But most of all it is a reminder to never come back to this sick material world.

Seeing this movie also made me think about how America is actually the most corrupt country in the world and how the demoniac forces that manipulate and control the world have such stronghold here, and therefore spreading Krishna Consciousness in America is one of most important factors for changing the world.

Param vijayate Sri Krishna Sankirtanam!:pray:

by Gauranga Kishore Das at June 19, 2007 11:10 AM