IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
radhagovind

Art of Dying

Rate this topic

In the krishna series, Shri Krishna's teacher sandipani described the ART OF DYING which may be one of the most important things you can do or learn. In it, he said, at the last moment of life, chant the supreme lord's name and be in a state of supreme lord's conciousness. I also heard from some one that by doing this at the last moment, that person attains the supreme lord and he is relieved from the circle of life and death. Does anyone have any specific reference from bhagavatam or other puranas so i can read it? or if you have anything to add to this.

Of course, the only way to be able to do it at our last moment (considering the discomfort we will be experiencing or the otherwise drugged condition many of us will be in at the time) is if we are doing it at *every* moment, no?

In the krishna series, Shri Krishna's teacher sandipani described the ART OF DYING which may be one of the most important things you can do or learn. In it, he said, at the last moment of life, chant the supreme lord's name and be in a state of supreme lord's conciousness. I also heard from some one that by doing this at the last moment, that person attains the supreme lord and he is relieved from the circle of life and death. Does anyone have any specific reference from bhagavatam or other puranas so i can read it? or if you have anything to add to this.

Of course, one's thoughts during the course of one's life accumulate to influence one's thoughts at the moment of death, so this life creates one's next life. If in one's present life one lives in the mode of goodness and always thinks of Kṛṣṇa, it is possible for one to remember Kṛṣṇa at the end of one's life. That will help one be transferred to the transcendental nature of Kṛṣṇa. If one is transcendentally absorbed in Kṛṣṇa's service, then his next body will be transcendental (spiritual), not material. Therefore the chanting of Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare/ Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare

is the best process for successfully changing one's state of being at the end of one's life.:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Guest guest

thanks ofr the info.

Really, though, it's not so much the "Art of Dying" that the Vaishnavas study, but, rather, the "Art of Dying to Live".

Almost all of us are practicing the art of dying (in the material sense) at every moment as we rush into the jaws of death (by pursuing mundane enjoyment which leads to dissolution).

Anyways, here's what the poet had to say about this:

The Art of Dying

by George Harrison

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/george+harrison/art+of+dying_20059012.html

There'll come a time when all of us must leave here

Then nothing sister mary can do

Will keep me here with you

As nothing in this life that Ive been trying

Could equal or surpass the art of dying

Do you believe me?

Therell come a time when all your hopes are fading

When things that seemed so very plain