IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Ravana's Stairway to Heaven?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

read everything on this website and then I will consider accepting you as a disciple.....:wacko:

No i want you to accept me right now and teach me everything,where do you live,i will come to you,i am desperate for Peace,i am tired of reading more,i need guidance from someone like you who is already learned and knows everything,so when is Lord Shiva going to destroy Indralok and what is there in GOLOKA?

rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/fourm.cgi?read=140329

add a www to the beginning of the link above. I can't paste links yet.

NASA FUNDED ENGINEERING BREAKTHROUGH MAY MAKE POSSIBLE THE 'SPACE ELEVATOR'

wow dat really seems unreal n hypothetical if someone says that a huge demon is building a stairway to heaven many light years away(maybe above) from earth to reach there..bt the question arises "then what?" as known by all n sundry dat many pity rakshasas attacked heaven (the abode of indra)n captured it for recreation dan it wud have been very easy for ravana who ws supreme to al of 'em...bt was a really a heavy demon??? no !! not at all...demons are the damned souls who are there in hell..according to judeo-christian and islamic mythologies..he ws rakshas...a completely diffrnt entity ...rakshas ws a race having people capable of ruthless endeavors n an ambitious mind who often set aside virtues for the sole purpose of gaining powers..powers dat could make them invincible if not immortal...further if u r referring as a place of the blessed souls..souls dat have attained atonement..at-one-ment that is oneness with the supreme being and have moved far above the cycle of life n death..thats in simpler way called "mukti" and he attained it at last..everyone knows. dat..lets now come to the staircase thing..staircase arent literal in the scriptures..they are purely symbolic and they have appeared every now n then in the history of mankind..from the legends of an ancient staircase leading to Ancient Mysteries in the Masonic world to the staircase which ws referred to in the bible

Genesis 28:12

"He dreamed and saw a raised staircase, its foundation on earth and its top touching the sky, and God’s messengers were ascending and descending on it."

..these staircases have often perplexed scholars n historians..thinking of them in real...bt the truth is a bit disappointing though for those who believe in its real existence...

i'll recommend u to see "Melencolia by Albert Durer"...its a 1514 A.D. painting showing an Adept who is sitting disappointed symbolizing man who inspite of all his scientific advances has failed to ascend that ladder of enlightenment..in this sketch u cn see an adept surrounded by many objects..may they be hourglass,a balance and even the tools of a carpenter..and beside the ceiling jst behind his back is shown a ladder..this ladder signifies the staircase to enlightenment..the staircase which had appeared umpteen number of times in history..now lets come back to Ravana..according to the legend Ravana ws da most brilliant king as well as a devotee of all times...he wasnt literally building a staircase bt he was finding an easy way to enlightenment...many believe that he kidnapped Sita to satisfy his lust...bt cn dis be true for a learned rakshas-brahmin hybrid..who had moreover gained control on all of his ten senses and mayas...hence his ten heads shown in the lore..his prime objective was to attain salvation to never return to dis realm of "mrityulok" despite of some of his ,yes SOME of his ill doings owing to his rakshasa blood..so he devised a carefull plan not jst to attain salvation himself bt his entire reakshasa family..including all his brothers and sons who although were powerful beyond imagination bt in quest for immortality had lost all the virtues to become capable of salvation..he kidnapped Sita..and sacrificed every member of his family carefully giving attention that they are killed by the hands of God himself or his allies which were equally divine..and voila !! he got killed by God himself and attained salvation...hope this clearifies ur concept...about the staicase to heaven...