IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
riih.qarojamahoamaan

namasmarana within stench

Rate this topic

of course every person must remember his deity's name all the time. but then, when one is in the toilet surrounded by terrible smell, and while producing filthy things as people do in toilets, and in general when there r bad smells in one's nose, then is is not somewhat offensive to keep addressing the deity mentally?

what is the best way of thinking or the most proper phrase to think while a person is emitting stench, or is in a stinky place?

kindly communicate what you know on this subject.

It is said in our scriptures that one has to choose a place which is clean and pious. Moreover the person performing the Sadhana should also be clean and bathed before starting the namasmarana....!

If the above conditions exist as mentioned by you, the mind will not focus, at least not in the initial stages of the sadhana...! Hence one should not perform sadhana in such an environment. Choose a serene area/temple/bottom of a tree (specificially banyan) in your area and do your sadhana there.....!

I saw your posts, all that you post is succinct and reasonable. I remember a joke, they say a Turk was very dirty, they advised him to bathe, he answered "i have no soap". Then they said "if you have no soap, wash in mere water! that will do!".

I just wonder whether there is something to keep saying in your mind at the time when it is inevitable to b within bad smell, so as to even take advantage of impurity.

Thank you anyway.

Lord Chaitanya once went to the bathroom and while he was going he was biting his tounge. So his servant Gopal Guru Goswami asked him why he was biting his tounge. He said, "Well I am going to the bathroom. And my mouth is always chanting Hare Krishna. But since this a filthy place how can I chant here?" But Gopal Guru Goswami said, "But what if you left your body when you are in the bathroom?" Lord Chaitanya realized that Gopal Guru Goswami was right and started chanting again.

So simply chant Hare Krishna and be happy.

Lord Chaitanya once went to the bathroom and while he was going he was biting his tounge. So his servant Gopal Guru Goswami asked him why he was biting his tounge. He said, "Well I am going to the bathroom. And my mouth is always chanting Hare Krishna. But since this a filthy place how can I chant here?" But Gopal Guru Goswami said, "But what if you left your body when you are in the bathroom?" Lord Chaitanya realized that Gopal Guru Goswami was right and started chanting again.

So simply chant Hare Krishna and be happy.

The Hare Krsna mahaamantra is nowhere in Caitanya Caritaamrta. I searched the whole text of it, the phrase Hare Krsna is not in there. (Or please quote the verse).

Hare is the vocative of Haraa, that is the goddess Kali. True vaisnavas keep the 4 regs because sex, slaughter, gambling and toxic substances are Kali's strength. We do not collaborate with all ills of Kaliyuga. So we can not chant Hare, because Hare is calling Haraa, that is Kali.

Also Hare means "in Hara' that is "within Shiva". This is an offence to Krsna, because he said "everything is in me, I M NOT IN THEM".

This is why Hare Krsna meaning "Krsna, you r part of Shiva", has not threatened the great powers of Kaliyuga, that is ADHARMA.

Yes, evil things can b necessary, because if there were no vices, there would b no virtues. Because every virtue is subjugating a vice. But the point is to defeat the vices and defeat all wrong things, not collaborate with wrong things. All wrong things are in worshipping Kali thus sustaining Kaliyuga. Others can do that, but not the vaisnavas. You shall go to Kali if you chant Hare. Be careful.

I must speak to the point: To find the right way in this world or the other is not so simple as you think. You think you have caught the priest by the beard as the proverb says, i. e. you think you have found perfect safety by a means easier than bending your little finger. No, you have only found a narcotic, but only time can show that to you. You told me u r young, please give me (in a personal message) your date of birth so i can make a Hindu horoscope of yours.

For nama smarana, there is no problem,.... you can chant anywhere, even in toilet, as the other person said, only during meditation and sadhana, dhaarana, samadhi, during these states, you need to be as clean as possible and maintain a clean atmosphere..

For nama smarana, there is no problem,.... you can chant anywhere, even in toilet, as the other person said, only during meditation and sadhana, dhaarana, samadhi, during these states, you need to be as clean as possible and maintain a clean atmosphere..

Yes, that is why bhakti yoga is the easiest and most efficient process. Astanga yoga is good too, but it is much harder. Nevertheless some people decide to go for yogic processes such as Astanga yoga but that is fine with me. As long as the processes that people follow are in accordance with Bhagavad Gita then I have no problem.