IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Did Krishna Have A Female Gorilla As A Wife?

Rate this topic

I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in what I saw on a Hindu movie out of Bollywood.

Siva Purana is amongst the tamasic Puranas that were meant to reach men in the mode of tama guna and give them some sort of religious principles.

Vaishnavas follow the sattvic Puranas that are devoid of such blurred conceptions of Parabrahman.

Can you tell me where in mahabharat there is a story of when durvasa muni comes to pandava in the forest. There is decides to eat at the pandava's hut after taking a bath. But since there is no food, they call upon Lord Shri Krishna and he satisfies the Munis with only 1 grain of rice. Can you tell me which parva this story is located in and which section? i want to see what mahabharat says about lord sri krishna about the fact that he says he goes to shiva everytime he in in trouble.

(by the way, in shiva purana, after the story i told above is said, according to the purana, Shri krishna says "let us all pray to shiva and that everytime i am in need of help and assistance, i take refuge in shiva". that is the reason i want to see what mahabharat says) thanks.

Well, how about these statements of Lord Krishna here:

WHAT SRI KRISHNA SAYS ABOUT HIMSELF

Krishna302.jpg

If we are expected to understand God, then who better to explain His qualities and characteristics than Himself? So in the Bhagavad-gita, Krishna provides the Self-revelatory truth about His position in His explanations to Arjuna. There are numerous verses in this regard, of which the following are but a few: “And when you have thus learned the truth, you will know that all living beings are but part of Me--and that they are in Me, and are Mine. (4.35) The sages, knowing Me to be the ultimate purpose of all sacrifices and austerities, the Supreme Lord of all planets and demigods, and the benefactor and well-wisher of all living entities, attain peace from the pangs of material miseries. (5.29) Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both its origin and dissolution. (7.6) It is I who am the ritual, I the sacrifice, the offering to the ancestors, the healing herb, the transcendental chant... I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support, and the grandsire. I am the object of knowledge, the purifier and the syllable om. I am also the Rig, the Sama, and the Yajur Vedas. I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge and the most dear friend. I am the creation and the annihilation, the basis of everything, the resting place and the eternal seed. (9.16-18) “I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts. (Bg.10:8)

“I am all devouring death, and I am the generator of all things yet to be. Among women I am fame, fortune, speech, memory, intelligence, faithfulness and patience. (Bg. 10.34) Because I am transcendental, beyond both the fallible and the infallible, and because I am the greatest, I am celebrated both in the world and in the Vedas as the Supreme Person.” (Bg.15.18)

Going on to the Srimad-Bhagavatam, Lord Krishna specifically explains that before, during, and after the universal creation, there is always Himself that exists.

“Brahma it is I, the Personality of Godhead, who was existing before the creation, when there was nothing but Myself. Nor was there the material nature, the cause of this creation. That which you see now is also I, the Personality of Godhead, and after annihilation what remains will also be I, the Supreme Lord.” (Bhag.2.9.33)

“Gold alone is present before its manufacture into gold products, the gold alone remains after the products’ destruction, and the gold alone is the essential reality while it is being utilized under various designations. Similarly, I alone exist before the creation of this universe, after its destruction and during its maintenance.” (Bhag.11.28.19)

“Before the creation of this cosmic manifestation, I alone existed with My specific spiritual potencies. Consciousness was then unmanifested, just as one’s consciousness is unmanifested during the time of sleep. I am the reservoir of unlimited potency, and therefore I am known as unlimited or all-pervading. From My material energy the cosmic manifestation appeared within Me, and in this universal manifestation appeared the chief being, Lord Brahma, who is your source and is not born of a material mother.” (Bhag.6.4.47-48)

“Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My transcendental nature and My supreme dominion over all that be.” (Bg.9.11)

“Unintelligent men, who know Me not, think that I have assumed this form and personality. Due to their small knowledge, they do not know My higher nature, which is changeless and supreme. I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My eternal creative potency [yoga-maya]; and so the deluded world knows Me not, who am unborn and infallible. A Arjuna, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities; but Me no one knows.” (Bg.7.24-26)

Lord Krishna also explains that he is the Supersoul of each and every living being, who exist only because of Him. He also establishes that He is the spiritual sound vibrations that can be chanted, as well as the forms of the Deities that we can see. “All living beings, moving and nonmoving, are My expansions and are separate from Me. I am the Supersoul of all living beings, who exist because I manifest them. I am the form of the transcendental vibrations like omkara and Hare Krishna Hare Rama, and I am the Supreme Absolute Truth. These two forms of Mine--namely the transcendental sound and the eternally blissful spiritual form of the Deity, are My eternal forms; they are not material.” (Bhag.6.16.51)

“My dear Uddhava, I am the cause, protector and the Lord of all mystic perfections, of the yoga system, of analytical knowledge, of pure activity and of the community of learned Vedic teachers. Just as the same material elements exist within and outside of all material bodies, similarly, I cannot be covered by anything else. I exist within everything as the Supersoul and outside of everything in My all-pervading feature.” (Bhag.11.15.35-36)

Lord Krishna goes on to explain how He is perceived by different people in different ways. “When there is agitation and interaction of the material modes of nature, the living entities then describe Me in various ways such as all-powerful time, the Self, Vedic knowledge, the universe, one’s own nature, religious ceremonies and so on.” (Bhag.11.10.34)

However, when a person reaches the vision of the Supreme by the process of Self-realization, which takes him or her above the influence of the material modes, the experience is one and the same. Then there is no more confusion about what is or what is not the highest level of spiritual realization.

In conclusion Krishna explains, “Know that all opulent, beautiful and glorious creations spring from but a spark of My splendour. But what need is there, Arjuna, for all this detailed knowledge? With a single fragment of Myself I pervade and support this entire universe.” (Bg.10:41-42)

Guest guest

so you think my theory of shapeshifting is bogus, this is your right. But before your victory celebration, you must admit that even your title is bogus and you must admit that you dont know the difference between gorillas and bears.

Sri Lanka was destroyed by an army composed of monkeys, bears, and even squirrels and sparrows.

However, you have missed my point entirely. You are referring to vaisnavas, nitya siddhas, mahabhagavata associates of Lord Krsna in regards to the forms thay have taken in order to assist Him in his play.

My mention of shape-shifting was just yakking, theory. There is massive cases of such shape shifting in all cultures of this planet. You cannot negate it by declaring victory here. You are still the ultimate loser for your bogus suggestion that Krsna practiced beastiality, as well as all your bogus ideas that shastra is allegorical (fully denied by Srila Prabhupada BTW), and your further bogus ideas that Srila Prabhupada meant something different in many things he has said.

Blah blah blah

mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Treasure 0f the Vaisnava, by mahaksadasa

What is the treasure of the Vaisnavas? The following story of Sri Hanumana, the hero of Valmiki's RAMAYANA, explains very nicely what the devotee of the Supreme Lord holds dear. I retell this story, asking Sri Hanuman to ensure that I tell it nicely in his service.

As Lord Ramachandra was preparing to end His Pastimes on this plane, preparing for the entire Kingdom of Sri Ayodhya dhama to go back to the realm of Vaikunthaloka, with His ministers present, He presented His Kingdom Ring to Sri Hanumanadeva as a memento. Upon receivcing this gift, Sri Hanuman, acting like a monkey, bit into the gem, tore it out of its setting, threw it on the ground, and within seconds, had it completely pulverized. Totally shocked, His ministers admonished him for being so foolish as well as ungrateful.

Sri Hanumana said, "How can I possibly receive such a worthless item, there was no inscription of my Lord on the ring."

The brahmanas in attendance tried to teach, "You foolish monkey, you preserve your body with food and rest, and you will do so until the end of time, when Lord Ramachandra's pastimes are no longer remembered amongst men, and His inscription is only available within your mind."

At that urging, Sri Hanumana, with his nails capable of singlehandedly scratching out the existance of the three worlds, tore his chest apart for all to see. The ministers were amazed to see that on each and every bone, each bodily organ, every tendon and fiber of his being was inscripted the Names "RAMA, RAMA, RAMA". Sri Ramachandra, smiling only in the way He does to His beloved Sri Hanuman, rubbed his chest, completely closing the wound. The prema-bhakti yoga, the rasa between The Lord and His unalloyed servant ever increased, He took permission to end His Pastimes on Earth.

Guest guest

I'm very much enjoying this exchange between you brilliant devotees. And learning much from EACH of you. Thanks again.

Jaya Shri Krishna.

I'm very much enjoying this exchange between you brilliant devotees. And learning much from EACH of you. Thanks again.

Jaya Shri Krishna.

The trick is Frederick is to hear people on this forum (or anywhere for that matter) with an "arms length" attitude. I even try to hear sastra and advanced devotees with this attitude.

Cross check everything important. Guru sastra sadhu and the Lord in the heart ultimately.

For myself I speak as a frustrated soul and not an enlightened soul. You would be wise to question everything I say irregardless of how i try to sound authoritative and confident on any particular subject. Even this statement itself.

haribol prabhu

Guest guest

Haribol, bhakta frederick. Thanks for not letting our seemingly harsh rhetoric get in the way. Brothers always fight, but our father settles all this, then we chant, and our lives have become sublime, just like our father said.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

I always remember the glories of the son of Ravana, who joined Rama in the conquest of Lanka of the waves. I also offer humble obiesancies to Srimati Manohari, the wife of Ravana, who was the greatest of female heroes. And of course, the Vulture King who is always the guardian of pure sound vibration. He said to Rama, who held Jatayu in His arms as he passed away (imagine the protection), "had I been born one second later, Srimati Sitadevi would have been rescued." Very old and blind, the battle was awesome.

Mahaksadasa

arthsepa.gif

<!--mstheme--><!--msnavigation--><!--msnavigation--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><!--msnavigation--><TD vAlign=top><!--mstheme-->

hanuman.jpg <!--mstheme--><!--msnavigation-->

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=24></TD><TD vAlign=top width="1%"><!--mstheme--><!--mstheme--><TABLE height=121 width=40 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=104 height=117><!--mstheme--><SMALL>Album Navigator</SMALL> ........ language=JavaScript><!--MSFPhover = (((navigator.appName == "Netscape") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 3 )) || ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4 ))); function MSFPpreload(img) { var a=new Image(); a.src=img; return a; }// -->.........>........ language=JavaScript><!--if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav1n=MSFPpreload("../../_derived/back_cmp_artsy110_back.gif"); MSFPnav1h=MSFPpreload("../../_derived/back_cmp_artsy110_back_a.gif"); }// -->.........>back_cmp_artsy110_back.gif........ language=JavaScript><!--if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav2n=MSFPpreload("../../_derived/up_cmp_artsy110_up.gif"); MSFPnav2h=MSFPpreload("../../_derived/up_cmp_artsy110_up_a.gif"); }// -->.........> up_cmp_artsy110_up.gif........ language=JavaScript><!--if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav3n=MSFPpreload("../../_derived/next_cmp_artsy110_next.gif"); MSFPnav3h=MSFPpreload("../../_derived/next_cmp_artsy110_next_a.gif"); }// -->.........> next_cmp_artsy110_next.gif<!--mstheme-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--mstheme--><!--mstheme--></TD></TR><!--msnavigation--></TBODY></TABLE><!--msnavigation--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!--mstheme--><!--msthemeseparator--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anyway, Jambavan heard the story of the jewel from Lord Krishna and gave it to him as well as his daughter in marriage.

Now, let me get this right.

Jambavan was a gorilla.

He gave his daughter to Krishna for his wife.

Krishna had a gorilla girl for a wife?(Jambavati)

somebody help me here...................

I mean, it sounds like one of Krishna's wives was a gorilla girl.

That is all I can figure.

In the Uma-Maheshwara samvada in Padma Purana Uttara-Khanda it is stated that the various wives of Krishna/Vishnu (excluding the 16000 released from Narakasura) are various manifestations of Goddess Lakshmi with Rukmini, Satyabhama being the complete manifestations in Krishna avatara e.g. Jambavati has an avesha of Lakshmi, Tulasi is Jambavati with special presence of Lakshmi etc.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna. Because I'm just a new newbie, not even a bhakta really, perhaps I see this debate from another perspective. You devotees are all very "cool" and smart, spiritually speaking, and I appreciate this very much. Perhaps "unity in diversity" might be the appropriate saying? Not sure exactly, but each of you are giving and sharing your own realizations and knowledge here. It doesn't matter to me that you may not agree on every single point, or that you might use different words or semantics to describe your thoughts. The main thing, to me anyway, is that you're each laying it down, or laying it on the line, for who? Krishna! So there's an unspoken beauty and rhythm beneath the words, which underscores your lifelong commitment, dedication and devotion to Krishna consciousness. Now I think that's just cool. How many people in this world even know about Krishna, what to speak of being able to think and write so eloquently about Him and His pastimes? What valuable gifts you each have and bring to the table! In this thread, but in many others too, I've learned equally from all of you, and specifically from Mahaksadasa Prabhu, Guruvani Prabhu and Theist Prabhu. It doesn't matter to me that you may not always agree with each other, and sometimes like Theist Prabhu has suggested, I don't think I agree with each of you each and every time either. But heck, that just makes it more fun, spicy and thick with Krishna conscious thoughts and ideas. Well, I better shut up now before I totally expose my ignorance; but I just want to encourage you spiritual brothers and thank you again for this dhared dip in the waters of Krishna-lila. Thanks for your acknowledgement and messages too. My respects to you all.