IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

am I considerd a meateater now????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna dear devotees/friends of Krishna!

In this way I would like to ask you for an reaction on a situation where I am in:

Since 8 years I am a vegetarian and since a couple of months I became Vegan. I am student and have a really nice job in a Nature shop, BUT since a couple of months my biological-nature-shop is selling also MEAT...

I love my job, buts its horrible ( not haribol) that I am a meatseller now aswell. Its not much but meat =meat.

Once I red in one of Prabhupda`s books that a slaughter, a meatseller and a meateater are considerd as meateaters...help what must I do.

I need this job, I love it, nice people, ( all really considerd with enviourment) nice costummers, I just love it.

only the big boss desided to sell some biomeat.

I feel really unconfortable consider the 'karmathing' that I am a meateater now in Gods eyes.

I am also really afraid right now.

Thank u so much for reading I am looking forward to hear something

bhn Sterre

Your not a meat meater, but your attaining the same amount of sin as a meat eater would.

You like your job very much, but truth is that the rapist loves to rape . He attains pleasure from it, but does that make rape a good deed?

That was just an example. But before yo usell such items do you think about the way the animal died?

Take a day off work one day and visit a slaughterhouse. Then you will se for yourself.

Dont be too harsh on yourself. This is kali yuga, and there are no pure atmospheres. Everyone needs a job, and one can avoid handling products sold by your employer. Ask for an accommodation based on your beliefs. Its a co-op grocery, not a slaughterhouse. Owner member stores work with a board of directors, maybe petition them to stop selling certain products. Be proactive, not fanatic. Last year, I worked in a similar market/health food store. I didnt get them to stop selling meat, but they did stop selling organic beef. I gave a sppeech at a board meeting telling them if I ate beef, Id want it dsoaked in acetone and placed in a booth to nuke it, becAUSE THERE IS MUCH EVIDENCE THAT E-COLI GOES WHEREVER massive chemicals are not used. Now they sell dead birds and dead fish and dead pigs, but no cow products other that that which comes from the udder is sold. Much worse things one can do.

Dont have a tizzy, see if you can get them to change. When Srila Prabhupada first arrived in America, he stayed with mesat eating folks in Pennsylvania. There was meat in the fridge, but when asked by his hosts if it was a problem, he indicated that it was not. He teaches practicality above all else.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

I know I couldn't do it. The folks at work freak bigtime when I won't pick them up a breakfast at MacDonalds. Some things we just don't do ... period.

I think it's time for a new job to find you.

Guest guest

Thanks for your replay...actually I knew it already, I just wanted to have some feedback from fresh minds!

Yes its a pitty that this nice sweet shop dicided to sell also meat :-(

At least I do not have to touch it as its already packed.

I will not touch it!!! but I am selling it ---so karmagosth is on my shoulders.

In two months I will stop this job ( I can not stop it right now...you know contractstuff) and look for something else.

I do not know how to overcome this gaining period...and transform this sin!

haribol

ys. Sterre

Hare Krishna,

it seems from your original post that you have developed some attachment for that job and environment. I'm not implying that you don't already see it like this, but looking at it from a spiritual angle, you could perceive this occurrence as Lord Krishna's grace, in the sense that by His mercy the ties that kept you bound to that particular material environment are being cut. As long as maya lulls us into a false sense of security, there will arise no sense of urgency regarding taking up devotional service, I can speak of experience.

Srila Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada tells us that "The principle of life should be to decrease the degree of material intoxication which leads one to be more and more illusioned about the aim of life."

Haribol!

P.S.: could you tell me where this shop is located, because, though most likely a coincidence, my favorite organic-food store recently started to sell meat aswell, which disappointed me alot.