IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Ahara Vimaladvaita

Kali worship

Rate this topic

I'd think that a nice picture of Kali would be useful, placed where you sleep so that She is the first person you see when you wake up every day and the last person you see before you go to sleep. Another picture at the kitchen sink, the refrigerator, and any other place like that where you know you will be regularly would be helpful. For places at work a Kali Yantra might be a good choice. You can say it is just some geometric pattern you liked and printed out. :)

its a beautiful idea,

the godess is a sweet personality, unlike what some people say that she is fierce and rash, she is the mother and has her sweet way of teaching her children, please dont do blood sacrifices and all. just worship her like your mother, and she will talk to you slowly in her own way.

I'm curious! Can i build or invent some ritual, whit which i will worship or remember Goddess Kali every day? I will include fire, my kali mantra, etc. Like pooja for example just a little diferent (my stile)! What is your opinion on that?
I'm not sure if you're still an active member here as this post of yours was posted quiet awhile ago, but yes to adjust or create your own ritual to an extent is alright as long as you follow the basics (chant kali's mantra, sing her bhajans and offer parasad etc).

i want to know if its is important to be vegetarian when praying maha kali or to become a devotee of maha kali
No, it's actually not (unless you're also practicing any form of Hatha or Raja yoga in which case I recommend you practice vegetarianism). However, I personally do not offer any meat to her, and it is not necessary to eat or offer meat when you worship her (she will gladly except offerings of vegetables, grains dairy products and fruits as well).

I'm curious! Can i build or invent some ritual, whit which i will worship or remember Goddess Kali every day? I will include fire, my kali mantra, etc. Like pooja for example just a little diferent (my stile)! What is your opinion on that?

Just worship Maa from you heart and with whichever way you see fit! Always worship her as a mother, and always stay in her lap. She will always provide for everything you need, when you are in her lap. she of course has certain colors, and things that she likes... Like red wine and hibiscus flowers. The worship of God though should always be from your heart. If you have a gift you think she would like then give it! Or you can always give something you know they will like. My Kali always loves wine with un-processed raw honey and camphor mixed in it. I give her a glass every day and when the alcohol has totally evaporated by her receiving it, then I take it as prasadam.

If you have a Mantra for Kali, I would hope that you have been given it by a guru or you have properly empowered it. Because without the proper pre-empowerment, and usually without a guru, especially in Tantra and Sadhanas... It is powerless. But if you feel totally led to, and it resonantes with power when you say it, or think of it, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't.

But just remember that worshipping her is one thing... Sadhana is another. If you are going to do Sadhana make sure you have a guru guiding you!

And of course always approach Maa as a humble child. IF you approach her with an inflated ego (not saying that you have one) she will terrify you into humility! But if you approach her as her humble child then she will most certainly appear to you as beautiful, kind, loving, and motherly.

I personally agree with some of the Tantras that say her worship is best suited to this age. She is very powerful, and she can cut through and pierce the heavy darkness, ignorance, and bad karmic tendencies that is so prevalent around everyone these days. That is why it is her that is best suited for these dark times because it is Maa in this form that is the most fierce and quick to save her devotees from darkness.

Also remember that she has the power to destroy your bad Karmas. So sometimes, when people worship her they may experience some bad things, but it is because you are speeding up the process of your Karmas burning away by worshipping her, but in most cases you have to give some sort of effort in the physical plane through suffering of some kind. That is just part of life. If you are not ready to undergo radical change and seek the truth and light with all your heart, mind and soul without any hinderances and set backs then Maa Kali might not be for you. She always fiercely and radically brings change to her devotees. And nothing of course is ever free, and no practice or spiritual discipline is ever fruitful without sewing the seeds of your effort and labour.

Just remember through it all that even if it is tough love she gives you, it is still love, and it is the best kind because soon you will see the truth and light!

May Maa always shower you with her blessings and keep you in her lap. And May you find her path like a golden beacon of light!

Love and Light to you!

a new voice a new opinion just when i thought this forum was getting boring somehow you spoke words of wisdom

jai kali

Jai Kali, Pujarie! I will just let it be known that I am fond of you and your posts ;-) I can see Maa's love all over you.

Love and Light! And I hope all things are well for you and yours in Trinidad :)

Jai Kali, Pujarie! I will just let it be known that I am fond of you and your posts ;-) I can see Maa's love all over you.

Love and Light! And I hope all things are well for you and yours in Trinidad :)

thank you for your compliment and yes my family and i are as great as can be just trying to live each day in the name of the divine KALI MAA. beautiful country we have : Trinidad just lovely to awaken to such a peaceful atmosphere. till next post; health, strenght, and happiness to you and yours.

JAI KALI MAA

i want to know if its is important to be vegetarian when praying maha kali or to become a devotee of maha kali

I (personally) think it's important to be a vegetarian no matter what. Look at how the animals are slaughtered in the slaughter houses! It's so cruel and viscious the way they treat the most innocent of Maa's creatures. If you aren't going to be a vegetarian, then I'd suggest you not to offer meat to Mother Kali... I'm sure She wants no part in the mass slaughter of innocent creatures in the slaughter house. At least at Kalighat the goat is killed by a quick slice across the throat, but in the slaughter house, it's long, drawn-out torture.

Aum Eim Hrim Klim Chamundayei Viche Namaha! Jai Mata Ji! ;)

I try to offer a regular puja to Kali once a week. The other days of the week, I just light a candle in front of Her statue, chant Her mantra on a mala, and offer my heart at Her Lotus Feet. I think it all depends on your heart. If you're offering your heart to Her in your puja, how can She refuse? ;)

Aum Eim Hrim Klim Chamundayei Viche Namaha!

My interpretation of this thread was that it was about ways to keep Goddess Kali in mind at all times, as much as possible. My earlier response was that it would help to place reminders of Her where you spend the most time, both in your home and at work or school, although in public you will want to be a bit discrete about it. Another suggestion I'd like to offer is to make "silent sound" subliminal recordings for the purpose of remembering Goddess Kali, her activities, the things she carries in her hands and what they mean, and anything else you need to keep in mind about Her.

thank you for your compliment and yes my family and i are as great as can be just trying to live each day in the name of the divine KALI MAA. beautiful country we have : Trinidad just lovely to awaken to such a peaceful atmosphere. till next post; health, strenght, and happiness to you and yours.

JAI KALI MAA

Hey Pujarie. Listen I have been getting your messages but I have to make a couple more posts before I can reply! But yes your answer helped me out. I want to talk more of that subject with you. I was online the other day too when you messaged me but not at my desk ;-) Anyway I just thought i'd be able to get your attention here at a post about our beloved Maa Kali ;-)

May all the blessings of Maa shower upon you and yours, always! May she always keep you and your loved ones in her most beautiful lap!

Love and Light from you Sister (Since we share the same mother!)

I (personally) think it's important to be a vegetarian no matter what. Look at how the animals are slaughtered in the slaughter houses! It's so cruel and viscious the way they treat the most innocent of Maa's creatures. If you aren't going to be a vegetarian, then I'd suggest you not to offer meat to Mother Kali... I'm sure She wants no part in the mass slaughter of innocent creatures in the slaughter house. At least at Kalighat the goat is killed by a quick slice across the throat, but in the slaughter house, it's long, drawn-out torture.

Aum Eim Hrim Klim Chamundayei Viche Namaha! Jai Mata Ji! ;)

I totally agree.

Although, I don't think the killing at Kalighat is something wonderful. I know all about it, being Bengali.

Hey Indulekha! :)

I don't think it's right to sacrifice anything to God or a form of God. I was just saying that at least at Kalighat the animal is killed fast, unlike in the slaughterhouses where they're tortured they're whole lives and then horribly mutilated for hours. I think that all killing is terrible. God wants all things to live in peace and harmony, not to kill each other... especially not in His (or, in the case of Kali Maa, Her) name!

Hey Indulekha! :)

I don't think it's right to sacrifice anything to God or a form of God. I was just saying that at least at Kalighat the animal is killed fast, unlike in the slaughterhouses where they're tortured they're whole lives and then horribly mutilated for hours. I think that all killing is terrible. God wants all things to live in peace and harmony, not to kill each other... especially not in His (or, in the case of Kali Maa, Her) name!

I am sure that was what you meant, I was just agreeing with what you are saying. You are definitely right!

Hey Gianna! I joined this site's forum today so I could personally thank you from the bottom of my heart for your description of Kali - it means so much to me. :smile:

Thank you,

Dee

Just worship Maa from you heart and with whichever way you see fit! Always worship her as a mother, and always stay in her lap. She will always provide for everything you need, when you are in her lap. she of course has certain colors, and things that she likes... Like red wine and hibiscus flowers. The worship of God though should always be from your heart. If you have a gift you think she would like then give it! Or you can always give something you know they will like. My Kali always loves wine with un-processed raw honey and camphor mixed in it. I give her a glass every day and when the alcohol has totally evaporated by her receiving it, then I take it as prasadam.

If you have a Mantra for Kali, I would hope that you have been given it by a guru or you have properly empowered it. Because without the proper pre-empowerment, and usually without a guru, especially in Tantra and Sadhanas... It is powerless. But if you feel totally led to, and it resonantes with power when you say it, or think of it, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't.

But just remember that worshipping her is one thing... Sadhana is another. If you are going to do Sadhana make sure you have a guru guiding you!

And of course always approach Maa as a humble child. IF you approach her with an inflated ego (not saying that you have one) she will terrify you into humility! But if you approach her as her humble child then she will most certainly appear to you as beautiful, kind, loving, and motherly.

I personally agree with some of the Tantras that say her worship is best suited to this age. She is very powerful, and she can cut through and pierce the heavy darkness, ignorance, and bad karmic tendencies that is so prevalent around everyone these days. That is why it is her that is best suited for these dark times because it is Maa in this form that is the most fierce and quick to save her devotees from darkness.

Also remember that she has the power to destroy your bad Karmas. So sometimes, when people worship her they may experience some bad things, but it is because you are speeding up the process of your Karmas burning away by worshipping her, but in most cases you have to give some sort of effort in the physical plane through suffering of some kind. That is just part of life. If you are not ready to undergo radical change and seek the truth and light with all your heart, mind and soul without any hinderances and set backs then Maa Kali might not be for you. She always fiercely and radically brings change to her devotees. And nothing of course is ever free, and no practice or spiritual discipline is ever fruitful without sewing the seeds of your effort and labour.

Just remember through it all that even if it is tough love she gives you, it is still love, and it is the best kind because soon you will see the truth and light!

May Maa always shower you with her blessings and keep you in her lap. And May you find her path like a golden beacon of light!

Love and Light to you!