IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sreeram

Great Aadi sankara

Rate this topic

The great Adi Sankaracharya traveld along indaia a number of times. That is from kanyakumari to himalaya. As per me it is a difficult task considering his period as 32 years. I came to know from some old Malayalam writings that he was able to travel through air with the use of his yogavidya. Any one knows about this.

I think a study on this will help us to know about the mysterious secretes of Hinduism and yoga. Because he lived three hundred years ago I suppose.

Guest guest

The great Adi Sankaracharya traveld along indaia a number of times. That is from kanyakumari to himalaya. As per me it is a difficult task considering his period as 32 years. I came to know from some old Malayalam writings that he was able to travel through air with the use of his yogavidya. Any one knows about this.

I think a study on this will help us to know about the mysterious secretes of Hinduism and yoga. Because he lived three hundred years ago I suppose.

No, he lived 1300 years ago. Alexander conquered the known world and died at the age of 33, the known world being several times bigger than India.

If Alexander could cover that distance, then Shankara could travel around India within his short life span without resorting to mysterious Malayalam techniques.

Om

Guest guest

From my reading of scriptures of shankaracharya, I see him as a person who is against that drawing attention to any techniques, miracles or magic.

His focus was to make people look internally and see how they appear to be a part of the world around them, than making people make too much out of creation, magic of re-appearence after 200 years, magic of simultaneous appearences at multiple places etc. These might offend the Paramhamsa yogananda fans. Clearly Shankara's school of thinking is so focused on moksha than making too much out of this body, others perception of creation or miracles, or making too much out of the creation.

His focus of thinking seems so classic spirituality. The sad part is his own home state kerala is today considering spirituality in different meanings. In Kerala people consider spiritually realized people as those who practice astrology, or someone who words on future comes true, someone who drives people inot ritualism.

It's amazing that people of Kerala which is so peaceful in appearence, so little variation in climate or extreme weather, are so glued to knowing their fortunes.

Maybe there is insecurity from stagnation, as there is little that change brings in that one big large town, Kerala. The strong positives for keralite is that they are so strong environmentally aware people. No euphoria of pepsi or coke or richness of infrastructure will ever shake the people of kerala from being connected to natural sources.

The sad part is his own home state kerala is today considering spirituality in different meanings. In Kerala people consider spiritually realized people as those who practice astrology, or someone who words on future comes true, someone who drives people inot ritualism.

It's amazing that people of Kerala which is so peaceful in appearence, so little variation in climate or extreme weather, are so glued to knowing their fortunes.

Its not in kerala you can find out this situation more at north india.

In kerala some people do believe in these.

And you csan not say that those people are doing mistakes. They are follwing some of thir rituals or they are told to be follow these

how can anyone travel through air with out plane or helicopter or atleast a gas balloon?