IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sreeram

meening of maha mrityunjaya mantra

Rate this topic

Can any one tell the exact meaning of maha mrityunjaya mantra. I was happened to here one speech. In which the speaker told that “like a cucumber falling itself from the plant on ripening, provide me moksha. That is asking for a calm and quite or a natural easy death”. I was heard from my childhood days that this mantra and maha mrityunjaya homa(havan ) is used escape from death.

I just want to know whether these holy speakers are twisting the meaning of mantra. Or they are trying to fool the followers.

I am sending this message with such commitment and curiosity that. There are lot of such swamis (they are asking their devotees to call them swamis) are trying this and they are able to convince some uneducated or some innocent people. I want to oppose such persons to utilizing the innocence of public..

Pl, cooperate.

Guest guest

Sanskrit to English Word Meaning

Tryambakam – three-eyed; Yajamahe – worship; Sugandhim – beautiful smelling; Pusti – well nourished, (prosperity; Vardhanam – increaser; Urvarukam – cucumber; Ive – like; Bandhana – from bondage of worldly attachments; Mrtyor – mortality; Muksiya – may you liberate; Ma- me; Amrat – for the sake of immortality

Translation:

We worship the three-eyed One (Lord Shiva), Who is fragrant and Who nourishes all beings; may He liberate me from death, for the sake of Immortality, even as the cucmber is severed from its bondage of the vine. Om Peace, Peace, Peace