IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

a question on worship

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hello i am a young worshiper of the Lord. i understand that any worshipe we do should be to please the lord only and not for ourselves. but i always find myself asking the mercyful Lord for things.

also if anyone could provide any information on how i should worship God daily (before college). at the moment i begin with a sloka to Lord Ganapati, then LaxmiNarayan, then Lord Shiva, then Lord Hanuman, then Radha Krsna. (i try to remember lord krsna throughout the day chanting the maha mantra in my mind). is there any other sort of worship needed?

apologies for any offence i may have caused.

hare krishna!

Guest guest

You are doing a great job. Keep it up!

You may want to add this mantra before chanting the Maha Mantra:

Jaya Sri Krishna Caitanya Prabhu Nityananda Sri Advaita Gadadhara Srivasa Adi Gaura Bhaktavrinda

Guest guest

hey! thanks for the advice! i will definately do that!

although i have a problem....i do not understand who caitanya mahaprabu is or who his associates are! i am very mixed up with names and the stories behind them...

i know that Lord Chaitanya is krsna aswell as the devotional aspect of Srimati Radharani. but i dont know who his associates are...

could anyone please help me? or recommend any good websites where i could find this out? thnakyou!

hello i am a young worshiper of the Lord. i understand that any worshipe we do should be to please the lord only and not for ourselves. but i always find myself asking the mercyful Lord for things.

also if anyone could provide any information on how i should worship God daily (before college). at the moment i begin with a sloka to Lord Ganapati, then LaxmiNarayan, then Lord Shiva, then Lord Hanuman, then Radha Krsna. (i try to remember lord krsna throughout the day chanting the maha mantra in my mind). is there any other sort of worship needed?

apologies for any offence i may have caused.

hare krishna!

very good...............

saying mahamantra is enough though u cAn remember other devs.....

never let krishna go frm ur "antakaran" i.e heart

radhe radhe

or recommend any good websites where i could find this out? thnakyou!

Click on the vedabase link at the bottom of this post and then go to Caitanya Caritamrta which will provide many of the pastimes of Lord Caitanya and knowledge of his associates.

You especially want to read Srila Prabhupada's book called the Teachings of Lord Caitanya or sometimes named Lord Caitanya in Five Features. I can't remember if it is up on that site or not. If so read it first, The first section of Caitanya Caritamrta is very heavy reading. You can feel free to search ahead while reading the first chapters to get a flavor of what is to come. It is a very very nice study.

Also on this site is a forum called recommended websites and you may find even more sources there.

All power of all mantras is concentrated into the Maha-mantra;

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna

Krsna Krsna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

I am sure you know this mantra. Even though this mantra is well known we want to beg it from Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu because He is distributing the highest realization and taste Krsna Nama can provide which is pure love of Krsna in the highest of moods.

So when we chant Bhaje Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu Nityanada Sri Adwaita Gadadhar Srivas Adi Gaura Bhakta Vrnda we are connecting with the Lord in these five features of the merciful Lord and placing ourselves under His care. The bliss that we receive from Lord Caitanya protects us from committing offences to the Hare Krsna mantra. Then our progress becomes so much smoother and swifter.

Namaste