IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Shancracharya was once Saved From Death by?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

umm Do you know how did the avatara of Narsimha subdued to be accepted by the common man? This was done by the Sharbhesha avatara. The Narsimha avatara was so fierce that a normal person couldn't approach it!

Shri Sharbhesha avatara calmed it down and made it acceptable to the masses. :)

I was doing this quiz to pass some time:

Sankaracarya was once saved from death by:

Answer is Nrsimhadeva (I cheated and looked it up)

Anybody know the pastime?

Sharabh avtaar was Mahadevji's avtaar. He came so that Narshimh Bhagwan could ascend back to VAikunth dham His abode. So He fought with Sharabh Avtaar. This took place in Muktinath in Pulah Ashram in Nepal. Narismha Temple is here.

Bhagwan uses to discard His divine body in many different ways. Just like another thorn is used to get rid of a thorn in the skin.

Thankyou VERY much,!!!! i got this from hindu.net

SHIVA TAKES INCARNATION AS SHARABH

While describing about the incarnation of Sharabh Sutji told sages-

“When Vishnuji took his incarnation of Nrisimha to kill the demon king –Hiranyakashipu, his anger could not be subdued even after the killing of Hiranyakashipu. His anger had frightened all the three worlds. Lord Brahma sent Prahalada to Nrisimha so that his anger gets cool down. Prahalada prayed to Nrisimha. Nrisimha took him in his embrace but still his anger was not subdued.”

“All the deities went to lord Shiva and requested to him to cool down Vishnu's anger. Lord Shiva then sent Bhairav and Veerbhadra to Nrisimha. When Veerbhadra politely requested Nrisimha to cool down, he (Nrisimha) tried to pounce on him (Veerbhadra). Right then Lord Shiva appeared in his most devastating form. He was looking frightening in his giant form and with thousands of hand. His appearance was resembling a huge cannibal bird. Lord Shiva injured Nrisimha with his giant wings and after carrying Lord Vishnu in his giant wings and after carrying lord Vishnu in his arms he flew in the sky. Lord Vishnu was so frightened that he became unconscious.”

“After regarding his consciousness Lord Nrisimha appeared in his form of Lord Vishnu and eulogized Shiva, which made lord Shiva very pleased. Lord Shiva wore the head of Nrisimha with the garland of skull in his neck. The remaining body was carried by Veerbhadra and abandoned at a mountain.”

Guest guest

Hmmm sounds very dubious to me. Is this given in authorized scripture? I didn't think Lord Narasimha had a material body!

lol! Its not dubious friend!! Your understanding of a "material" body is incomplete. Matter is controlled by spirit. Study Shiv Samhita for more in depth understanding of it.

Guest guest

Hmmm sounds very dubious to me. Is this given in authorized scripture? I didn't think Lord Narasimha had a material body!

Just that Lord Nrsimha getting subdued by Lord Shiva is hard to digest by Krsna devotees is all! So its seems dubious.

Guest guest

its all lila.

A saves B, then later B saves A. As Ghari says A LOT ON THIS FORUM, 'serves a purpose. HAHA>> still waiting for my Job. 2 weeks wait. I'll get it, by Shani dev grace ;)

Yea well this is what you say when it comes to Lord Shiva. Its all lila.

Of course it is lila. When it comes to Krsna worshipping Shiva u say its lila n that krsna likes to serve his devotees. But when Shiva greets Krsna, u say cuz krsna is godhead n shiva is his devotee! lol!

And of course Shani dev can help get a job too! y not?! ;-)

lol! Its not dubious friend!! Your understanding of a "material" body is incomplete. Matter is controlled by spirit. Study Shiv Samhita for more in depth understanding of it.

You are quick to assume.

Pankaja, I understand what you are saying. Though what you say may be true, it is important to distinguish between mythya and sathya.

Mohnkrsna

Guest guest

You are quick to assume.

it is important to distinguish between mythya and sathya.

Mohnkrsna

What is there to assume?

Why not read Shiv Samhita? There are no myths in it? And no stories too.